The Painting Contract - March 2024

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for March 2024.

Join us at the hobby table, So sit down, and join us.

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer and @Sparxius

• Thanks 1

I currently have Zenestra and a bunch of Fusiliers half painted. I hope to get at least one of those finished by the end of the month.

Last month had a bunch of important deadlines for me, so I did not paint a lot. Finished a few fences, though:

20240302_160353.jpg.c809991ae706f67ec494cad491a55627.jpg

These really are the product of one layer of paint or washes or drybrushing per day before bed for, like, a week. I just like the feeling of making at least some progress even when I have no real time and energy to paint.

• Like 3

Didn’t manage to finish everything I wanted last month. So this month, I want to finish Angron, 5 Saurus Warriors and maybe 5 Reivers. I got a small Space Marines force and it’s very interesting to paint something like that after all of the AoS models. Here’s my first Space Marine:

1710031486359684.jpeg.a281b0d5b9a02ab989888bf6acb23af5.jpeg

• Like 2

I did pledge to paint these in January but they're only just finished, been pretty slow going but I'm happy with them

Next, starting my DoK with some shadowstalkers 

PXL_20240315_175421272.jpg

Edited by Luperci
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

@Luperci 

The yellow and black is awesome! 🤘

Edit: Saw apic recently where the painter had done similar but with a badmoon theme so only one half, eyes, mouth, and teeth were a yellow crecent bad moon face  and other half was black very similar to yours 

Great job. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 3:23 AM, Painbringer said:

Didn’t manage to finish everything I wanted last month. So this month, I want to finish Angron, 5 Saurus Warriors and maybe 5 Reivers. I got a small Space Marines force and it’s very interesting to paint something like that after all of the AoS models. Here’s my first Space Marine:

1710031486359684.jpeg.a281b0d5b9a02ab989888bf6acb23af5.jpeg

Nice paintjob!

Ruined by a mold line :(

2 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I fear I'm going to let myself down this month. I've had precious little time to paint, and have only made a few tiny inroads into the Glutos model. 

Note to self: smaller, and more focused, goals are probably the way to go for these monthly Painting Contracts. 

Just take a break and paint a small hero model to get that dopamine boost :)

I did two half-hour speed paints today to have some fun with wet blending and to try a different colouring style. Shooting for a kind of washed out watercolour look:

20240323_105616.jpg.e0757737d9889dc360d1d11732b62b58.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1