The Painting Contract - October 2023

TheOtherJosh

19 hours ago, MitGas said:

Loving the colors/atmosphere… shouldn‘t come as a surprise from a Tzeentch player but I love the dark, yet really colorful scheme you got going. Is the gloss making it pop so nicely or are your colors so intense? Is it contrast/inks over a normal basecoat or just wetblending? Sorry for the interrogation, just trying to get some ideas as I want my daemons to pop despite  the darker mood. 😇

Yes, gloss has a lot of Wright in the final colors. But I have started with red Violet and highlighted with Pink. In "scales" just volupus Pink over a layer of light grey. In zones of OSL Ive darkened the área with turquoise. Hope it helps and feel free to ask

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peasant said:

Yes, gloss has a lot of Wright in the final colors. But I have started with red Violet and highlighted with Pink. In "scales" just volupus Pink over a layer of light grey. In zones of OSL Ive darkened the área with turquoise. Hope it helps and feel free to ask

Thanks for the pointers, much appreciated - your nid wandered straight into my inspiration folder, I'll try to emulate it a bit, feels perfect for flamers - I think the key to it is the darkening the areas with turquoise as you've shared, that gives it so much interest and punch/contrast. Lovely work!

Edited by MitGas

Most of the Eduard fw-190 is not that interesting before panel lining and further painting, but the cockpit is mostly finished (still need to find out what to do for seatbelts).

The cockpit opening is 11 mm wide. I wanted a bit more definition in the dials, but it is rather small. Painting eyes is easier than painting dials, danger areas on that dial etc.

IMG20231030172620.jpg

IMG20231030172653.jpg

IMG20231030172646.jpg

IMG20231030173749.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3

Didn't make the deadline, but making some progress! I painted the bone areas green as a bit of an experiment, alot of the model was already shades of brown so I went with a contrasting colour to add some more interest. I think it came out OK, but would like some feedback on the piece so far.

IMG_20231101_005109.jpg.e11f65d7d47c629c4f9de0b343a90ef1.jpgIMG_20231101_005038.jpg.0fa8263050d593af08a2ef2106b3e1ed.jpgIMG_20231101_005014.jpg.37195938b8c10502dc7bb3b871f2fe09.jpg

• Like 3