Dawnbringers II - Reign of the Brute SPOILERS Discussion

KingBrodd

https://spruesandbrews.com/2023/09/16/dawnbringers-book-2-reign-of-the-brute-review-and-destruction-unboxing-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/
https://www.goonhammer.com/dawnbringers-reign-of-the-brute-part-1-narrative/

Ok so right off the bat

Spoiler

We get plastic Scylla Anfingrim in Dawnbringers III. I'd be actually willing to gamble on that. 

It's great to see more factions take up action in the Dawnbringers narrative.

Spoiler

Sylvaneth taking more and more an active role in the campaign is really good sign that Kurnothi will happen sooner rather than later.
That means we could add Khorne/Sylvaneth to the list of factions getting minis in the campaign.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Interested to see if the scyla model is removed from the GW site to make way for a new one. It does add more credence that the khorne siege of hammerhall will play a big role in book 3 and so expect some khorne models to be released. 

There was a double page spread in the book about the sylvaneth fighing back with a picture of drycha there as well. I'm expecting book 3 to cover them in more detail and hopefully kurnothi. If this leads to a storyline involving the return of kurnoth then I will be ecstatic!

Edited by Baz
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Would it be weird to still think Khorne is getting a new Valkia too?

She does seem to be a case of "When?" and not "If?" considering Sigvald got dragged kicking and screaming from Fantasy even after suffering a bad case of Dead, whereas at least Valkia already has rules.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

Spoiler

Having looked at some of the available snippets, I really hope all this "Great Wheel" zealotry doesn't mean there is a bullet point in Nottingham in "Cities_of_Sigmar_Design_Doc.docx" saying "Don't use wheels on new Cities minis. Ever. Except if they aren't being used."

I might still really want a new War Wagon/Big War Altar/Ironweld Vehicle 😛

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Asbestress said:
  Hide contents

Having looked at some of the available snippets, I really hope all this "Great Wheel" zealotry doesn't mean there is a bullet point in Nottingham in "Cities_of_Sigmar_Design_Doc.docx" saying "Don't use wheels on new Cities minis. Ever. Except if they aren't being used."

I might still really want a new War Wagon/Big War Altar/Ironweld Vehicle 😛

The new Cities cannon has wheels. They're a bit hidden by the face shield, but they're there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

She does seem to be a case of "When?" and not "If?" considering Sigvald got dragged kicking and screaming from Fantasy even after suffering a bad case of Dead, whereas at least Valkia already has rules.

Plus don't we have lore from the previous thread stating that a mysterious "lady of ruin" was laying siege to Hammerhall? I'm just saying unless Dechala or a new character is about to drop there aren't many named/important female chaos characters...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Also, looking at the glow up Be'Lakor got, she's a great target for a really cool new mini. Probably not as big as Be'Lakor, but a lot bigger and more impressive than her current mini.

31 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

he did this for book 1 as well right? i fell behind on his vids

Yes, he's done loads including broken realms. He's completed the Aqshy part of the book and started the ghyran side today which is the one I'm most looking forward to. 

• Like 1

so the final episode dropped. 

Spoiler

The Ghyran crusade ends up marching through of all places dreadwood owned terrirtoy and they begin to accidently crush soulpods leading to drycha getting ready to attack the crusade. Just as she's about to a warsong revenant turns up and tells her and the crusade not to fight as they need to get to Fort Gradus which is being attacked by King Brodd and Ironjawz. They have been led there by some unknown force who basicly made a huge line through the forests tp guide them there and also tells them how to destroy the barrier protecting the fort. I wont go into what happens but it sounds epic/. 

So we have some indication of an unknown enemy guiding the forces of destruction. Nothing at the moment re KunrothI, but it looks like that the crusade has some support from Alarielle now and maybe as they head further north they may get assistance from Kurnothi Hunters and trackers. It does look like this will mean sylvaneth will play a role in book 3 but it remains to be seen if this leads to a return of kurnouth. 

Edited by Baz
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Baz said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Ghyran crusade ends up marching through of all places dreadwood owned terrirtoy and they begin to accidently crush soulpods leading to drycha getting ready to attack the crusade. Just as she's about to a warsong revenant turns up and tells her and the crusade not to fight as they need to get to Fort Gradus which is being attacked by King Brodd and Ironjawz. They have been led there by some unknown force who basicly made a huge line through the forests tp guide them there and also tells them how to destroy the barrier protecting the fort. I wont go into what happens but it sounds epic/. 

So we have some indication of an unknown enemy guiding the forces of destruction. Nothing at the moment re KunrothI, but it looks like that the crusade has some support from Alarielle now and maybe as they head further north they may get assistance from Kurnothi Hunters and trackers. It does look like this will mean sylvaneth will play a role in book 3 but it remains to be seen if this leads to a return of kurnouth. 

Outcasts and Oakenbrow glades were introuduced. WHU Kurnothi warband does have Oakenbrow keyword 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

Outcasts and Oakenbrow glades were introuduced. WHU Kurnothi warband does have Oakenbrow keyword 🤔

All the warcry warbands have subfaction keywords so wouldn't put too much stock in that. However if there was a glade keyword for kurnothi it would most likely be Heartwood as they are big worshipers of kurnoth and even have aelf hunter clans that live amongst them who worship kurnoth as well. 

Edited by Baz

7 hours ago, Baz said:

Hide contents

They have been led there by some unknown force who basicly made a huge line through the forests tp guide them there and also tells them how to destroy the barrier protecting the fort. I wont go into what happens but it sounds epic/. 

So we have some indication of an unknown enemy guiding the forces of destruction.

🐀🐀🐀
🤭
🤫

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Baz said:

All the warcry warbands have subfaction keywords so wouldn't put too much stock in that. However if there was a glade keyword for kurnothi it would most likely be Heartwood as they are big worshipers of kurnoth and even have always hunter clans that live amongst them who worship kurnoth as well. 

Yeah I tought about that only problem is that Hearthwood is on other side of map. But moving through woods is not a problem for Sylvaneths 😁

ok so i have read the book and some clarifications.

Spoiler

Looks like the line in the forest was made by King Brodd and his gargants and there isnt some other behind the scenes manipulation going on.

The warsong revenant and sylvaneth cotinue to guide the crusade. 

There was reference to the wildercorps scouts and jade battlemeages who knew the ways of ghyran better then any save the aelves of the deep forest, which could be a hint. 

• Like 2

For Stormcast fans the biggest news is a certain famous someone from Hallowed Knights, that’s not Gardus, and fellow Stormcast Eternals who went from 😈 to 😇 are playing a big role in aiding the Life Crusade! (And making the angel units look cool again, please let the next battletome give our fly bois a big boost)

Also today’s video probably had the coolest idea for how to apply a big angry pig to a siege since the Ironjawz x BCR alliance.

Final note is the leader of the Ghyran crusade is really cool and now I hope the next Freeguild is Ghyran-based so we get her and beetle cavalry.

Just a cool character in general, opposite of the hot headed commanders in Aqshy, nice to see how she focuses much more on terrain tactics and plant growth to affect a battle. Plus she has fun ideas, she saw the Maw-gruntas with those side attachments for Ironjawz to attack from while rushing through enemy formations and immediately thought they could do the same for Steamtanks, 10/10 idea gal.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

For Stormcast fans the biggest news is a certain famous someone from Hallowed Knights, that’s not Gardus, and fellow Stormcast Eternals who went from 😈 to 😇 are playing a big role in aiding the Life Crusade! (And making the angel units look cool again, please let the next battletome give our fly bois a big boost)

You mean Tornus? So Reclaimed are involved in Ghyran's Tail??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

You mean Tornus? So Reclaimed are involved in Ghyran's Tail??

Haha, Yep! (Sorry I didn’t just use spoilers, I forgot how to do them on this site. Little frustrating every forum uses a different system for censors instead of a standard method)

And I think he must have played the recent patch of Total war warhammer 3 where you can cheese Ai armies with a flyer leading them everywhere because he and his prosecutors do just that to the Destruction forces to get them away from the crusaders and then ditch the brutes entirely. 😄

edit:before that he and the redeemers basically stomp out a nasty daemon force with him one-shotting the leader(Venator’s special arrow ability) and work in tandem with the Freeguild so their mobile walls funnel Ironjawz into the Stormcast who can match them in combat better.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2