Main game?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• AoS
    • Warcry
    • Underworlds
    • Other

• Subscriber

I put Other as I'm more of a hobbyist/collector and I consider AoS, Warcry and Underworlds as a single source for cool sculpts and lore. 

I do dabble with 40k and 30k, but I find AoS as a whole seems to have the much more interesting ideas and sculpts at the moment. Like the designers just have more freedom. 

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 1

I voted for Warcry but I could have chosen Underworlds too.

Basically, I'm more of a painter than a gamer, and a slow one at that, so these skirmish games allow me to take full advantage of all different aspects of the hobby. And they really are excellent games : fast, fun for Warcry and with depth for Underworlds (if you like card game synergies).

However, I don't despair of finally switching over to AoS, with the long-awaited COS, but the imminent arrival of a baby could drastically reduce my time devoted to the hobby: travelling in the Mortal Realms is no picnic ! 😅

• Like 2

Voted other. I do not consider any game my main game.

Most of the gaming stuff has been board games and occasionally stuff like Malifaux. Always good with a palette cleanser sometimes to prevent burnout so I'm on a break till FEC/DoT/chorfs gets an update or something happens which draws me back in (like 4th edition dropping or a really cool GHB). Not that 3rd is bad or anything, just had my fill for the time being. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

• Like 1

AoS for me but my group unfortunately plays a lot less often since third ed… the rule additions didn‘t get received well at all. ☹️

Warcry would interest me but we tried Killteam and its rules suck hard IMO, which killed any ambition to try Warcry despite it apparently having the best rules out of any GW game. Well, maybe I‘ll have more luck in the future…

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Warcry would interest me but we tried Killteam and its rules suck hard IMO, which killed any ambition to try Warcry despite it apparently having the best rules out of any GW game. Well, maybe I‘ll have more luck in the future…

Proxying using Infinity N4 rules has proven to be a success. Their system is a lot more active despite being a IGYG-system because of how fire teams and reactive actions work which doesn't make you feel like a spectator during the opponent's turn. Feels more cinematic and like there are two groups exchanging fire/blows in an urban environment. Obviously I encourage people to support them by buying models/books/accessories if you end up enjoying their system just saying it is a good way to test it out without having to invest in completely new models.

• Like 2

In the days of early AoS, I was the first of my gaming group to have that 'I get it' moment with Age of Sigmar and realise how awesome it was. I purchased the old Skirmish book and Path to Glory book and focused my hobby efforts on these modes to try and make it easier for my group to try this new game. I ended up playing through the Skirmish campaign playing Freeguild vs Tomb Kings and having a lot of fun with it.

It wasn't until a friend was starting a brand new Skaven army and needed a game he could play with the models he had finished did I go and try second edition Warcry. Wow, it blew me away. One of the best designed games Games Workshop have ever made. So clean, easy to learn and so much fun.

I am all-in with Warcry at the moment, I've just finished the large terrain pieces from Heart of Ghur and having heaps of fun with it. When my friend's Skaven army is ready, I may switch back to Age of Sigmar Path to Glory as my main game with Warcry a close second.

Great to see so many Warcry players in this poll. Shout out to you all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

AoS for me but my group unfortunately plays a lot less often since third ed… the rule additions didn‘t get received well at all. ☹️

I haven't played Killteam but I have found Warcry super fun. I love it and recommend it.

• Like 2

I love the lore and hobby sides of things but don't play the games as much. The last few years I've mostly played 40k, as that's what my friends wanted to do. Done some warcry and Frost\stargrave\ rangers of shadowdeep all of which I enjoy much more than army scale stuff. Would love to play more lord of the rings, but no one I know even collects it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Proxying using Infinity N4 rules has proven to be a success. Their system is a lot more active despite being a IGYG-system because of how fire teams and reactive actions work which doesn't make you feel like a spectator during the opponent's turn. Feels more cinematic and like there are two groups exchanging fire/blows in an urban environment. Obviously I encourage people to support them by buying models/books/accessories if you end up enjoying their system just saying it is a good way to test it out without having to invest in completely new models.

Yeah, maybe that‘s what we‘ll do if we ever give it another shot thank you for the suggestion!

• Gitzdee changed the title to Poll: Whats your main game?

I opted to vote 'other' since I'm a painter first and foremost. I do tend to primarily bounce between painting AOS and 40K (and their side games like Warcry) but I also dabble with models from other games like Inifinity, Conquest, ASOIAF and Dystopian Wars. I'm also currently being tempted by some of the new releases for Warmachine, if only the army sets weren't so damn pricey here in Aus.

• Like 1

I went for other. I’ve not played aos since the pandemic despite loving it before then. I do keep on top of what gw are up to and stop by tga everyday. But I have found so many fun games that my main game cycles on a regular basis. Currently it’s WArhammer fantasy role play, Gloomhaven and memoir 44. Am looking forward to epic and some guys at my club are getting into Mordheim which looks interesting

• Like 1