The Painting Contract - April 2023

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for April 2023. 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer

Might be cheating since it's mostly last months pledge but this month I've got to finish the:

24 gor

20 ungor

3 converted tuskgor chariot

9 bullgor

Tzaangor shaman

I'm batch painting in a 3 step process of contrast/drybrush/contrast or shade over a zenithal that I personally thinks looks pretty good for tabletop standard at least so everybody is partly done but nobody is fully done. 

Ive already completed the herdstone and the first coat of the red skin/black fur/brown wood/silver undercoat for metals on the whole army. 

So now its purple cloth/leathers/bone/brass/steel.

I promise to include a progress pic tomorrow when I should have finished the cloth and then finally getting a game in for the first time in ages hopefully that night.

• Like 2

Wait… what? Surely there’s still a few weeks of March? Oops…

I am pretty close to finishing last months pledge of 10 Chaos Warriors and Eternus, but I’ll have very little time to paint this month so hopefully I can get them done in April 😅

I want to build some Berzerkers and maybe a Balrog if I find the time too.

• Haha 1

The labourers of the Mornial cast worked extra hard to geth these two Mortek Crawlers finished before the new battletome comes out.

20230402_1729052.jpg.7109eb3dde91f6a7a4bc8c3e2ed59171.jpg

Let's hope they will be good after the update.

I have 10 more Mortek Guard to build and paint. Might finish those guys, might procrastinate and paint another Cursed City hero instead.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

I want to finish my Kairos Fateweaver this month, as well as my Knight Rampager. The Knight is mostly done (there's only base left and a few more details), but there's still a lot work that needs to be done on Kairos. Here are some pics of Kairos' base hat I've done recently: 

image.jpeg.1db4d5bd50aa189cd1247229a4c20ef1.jpeg

image.jpeg.af0ad0849be3e620f0c92a0754adf610.jpeg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2