10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

In the communty post where the army box was announced they mentioned the box would come with four transfer sheets. Four!

I know asking for them to be different is way too much, but it is better than nothing.

I believe it because there 4 kits in the boxset and normally it’s the one same transfer sheet for each kit ( know this because every worldeater kit has the same transfer sheet in every box)

• Like 1

Gonna rebound on what the fellow TGAers said on the Harbringers spoilers thread about the multiracial nature of Cities, because this is a thread about Cities and I think it's worth exporting here to talk about it. Little recap :

• GW has said Cities will be multi racial but "human centric"
  • The community has said they'd like to see more aelves/duardins in Cities. People talked about it to Eddie at WHFest
  • But Cities also doesn't have place for infinite minis of humans/aelves/duardins

I'm gonna rebound on that, and say that it all depends on weither or not GW phases out all WFB minis in Cities or if they keep some around like they did with other ranges (Skinks, big Seraphon dinosaurs, Mournfangs) like let's say Dispo duardins, battlemages, the steam tank, the griffin... I do think the dark elves will end up going because Malerion. 

What could happen to the non humans in Cities is a bit like abhumans in Imperial Guard : you get 1-3 warscrolls, maybe more, and that's it. For example, Ogryns in IG have 3 datasheets. Could see something similar for aelves (I hope it's more than 3 warscrolls) or duardins (provided they phase out Dispos from AoS) (and same I hope for 3+ warscrolls). 

• Like 2

It's just occurred to me. The Relic Envoy and I think there are other bits of dead relatives they carry round to give them advice and guidance.

It's ancestor worship my friends! The Humans are becoming Dwarfy.

And the Warforger is basically a Runelord.image.png.e961cfba36be207a4bda54e757a0395c.png

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, EntMan said:

It's just occurred to me. The Relic Envoy and I think there are other bits of dead relatives they carry round to give them advice and guidance.

I’m not surprised, they’ve been stuck with the iron weld and dispossessed for a while now, and many human cultures irl have similar practices. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I’m not surprised, they’ve been blessed with the iron weld and dispossessed for a while now, and many human cultures irl have similar practices. 

Fixed 😉

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/29/2023 at 11:13 AM, EntMan said:

And the Warforger is basically a Runelord.image.png.e961cfba36be207a4bda54e757a0395c.png

If you look at the second Battle Priest on the box his relic is also a anvil covered in incense.

IMG_1174.png

Anvil giving buffs to shield infantry is very duardin. That kind of stuff makes for very nice visual cues of how integral the duardin are to free city society and infrastructure with the armor & customs echoing them.

Another note is something I spied on the box’s lore blurb about the army:

With faith and overwhelming firepower, these mortal armies fight back against the fiend, the monster and the wraith.”

That’s a nice combo between the imperial guard’s “the mutant, the heretic and the xeno” while also referring to Chaos, Destruction and Death grand alliances.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

If you look at the second Battle Priest on the box his relic is also a anvil covered in incense.

IMG_1174.png

Anvil giving buffs to shield infantry is very duardin. That kind of stuff makes for very nice visual cues of how integral the duardin are to free city society and infrastructure with the armor & customs echoing them.

Another note is something I spied on the box’s lore blurb about the army:

With faith and overwhelming firepower, these mortal armies fight back against the fiend, the monster and the wraith.”

That’s a nice combo between the imperial guard’s “the mutant, the heretic and the xeno” while also referring to Chaos, Destruction and Death grand alliances.

Loving your Duardin thoughts.

Not so sure I want Cities to become Imperial-Guard-In-The-Realms though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Loving your Duardin thoughts.

Not so sure I want Cities to become Imperial-Guard-In-The-Realms though.

It's a natural fit as they are both the normal military forces of the normal people of their respective universes. They are bound to share some themes. I don't think it would be fair to say that Cities (or even the Freeguild) is just a fantasy version of the Imperial Guard, though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's a natural fit as they are both the normal military forces of the normal people of their respective universes. They are bound to share some themes. I don't think it would be fair to say that Cities (or even the Freeguild) is just a fantasy version of the Imperial Guard, though.

That's fine. I just don't want Sigmar to be Fantasy Emporer and particularly I want Cities/Dawnbringers/Sigmar's people to have some hope and lightness to them and not be as corrupt, hopeless and probably decieved as the normal people of the Imperium.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Arguably it’s kind of a continuity with the WHFB Empire, which had very strong links with the dwarves and was much more heavily influenced by dwarven culture than by that of the elves.

Boosting that with more shared cultural touchstones has potential.

Yeah though I do feel the new Freeguild look more "duardinified" than the Empire ever was "dwarfified". That's why I really don't mind WFB Dispos next to AoS Freeguilds. They look great next to eaxh other despite the disparity in age. In fact, I'd be happy if Dispos stick around in AoS and don't get shelved to TOW like the Empire and High Elves got. They have a pretty nice roster (3 heroes, 3 melee units including one elite, 1 ranged unit, 2 warmachines), that's already a lot and more than some AoS armies get (like SoB). I hope they stay long term. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah though I do feel the new Freeguild look more "duardinified" than the Empire ever was "dwarfified". That's why I really don't mind WFB Dispos next to AoS Freeguilds. They look great next to eaxh other despite the disparity in age. In fact, I'd be happy if Dispos stick around in AoS and don't get shelved to TOW like the Empire and High Elves got. They have a pretty nice roster (3 heroes, 3 melee units including one elite, 1 ranged unit, 2 warmachines), that's already a lot and more than some AoS armies get (like SoB). I hope they stay long term. 

I just want to see exactly what units are in the new tome so I can start planning some elfy and Dwarfy conversions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't know if you recall those post stamps GW sold, but the dispo were there under ToW wording. Imo that's a clear message.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EntMan said:

That's fine. I just don't want Sigmar to be Fantasy Emporer and particularly I want Cities/Dawnbringers/Sigmar's people to have some hope and lightness to them and not be as corrupt, hopeless and probably decieved as the normal people of the Imperium.

Agreed but the parallels are gonna happen, they’re regular soldiers serving a God-ruler and his demigod legions in securing civilization across a (magical) cosmos. They might as well play on it like Stormcast crossbow pistols are called “Boltstormers”.

Besides, the mantra is handled pretty well to keep it from going grimdark.

”Fiend” & “Wraith” are purely antagonist titles that aren’t telling Freeguilders to go after all corrupted, fallen, deceived or undead in general. Chaos tribes can be taken as Reclaimed(which the Wilder corps use) and helpful undead are to be allied with(see the Hallost ghosts in the Corebook aiding Dawners or the talking mummy head relics employed in the army) 

And Monster is just a neutral term pointing towards Destruction but can be the average Realms Mega-fauna on the rampage unlike if it had pointed to greenskins or titans in general.(and we got ogors)

Lastly, remember 40k’s hopelessness was brought on itself when the imperium willingly wiped out every alien that could’ve helped them. That’s the polar opposite of the free cities being built on multiple races, heavy open alliances with other factions and non-human dieties they worship like Alarielle, Grungni and stuff like a Glymmsforge Saint being a Sigmar devoted gargant.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

Whilst I agree that it would be a shame for Sigmar and the Cities to just become Imperium 2.0. I do feel that over-the-top Grimdark is quintessentially "WARHAMMER" regardless if it's Fantasy or Sci-Fi. I love the fact that GamesWorkshop's roots are the grim 80s of post-industrial Northern England. The Warhammer vibe has always been for things to be so ludicrously awful that they become funny, which is so typical of British humor. Whilst it is inevitable for Gameworkshop to inject a little more light and hope into its settings (to appeal more to an American audience, who are hugely more optimistic than the Brits) I hope they stay true to their roots and Age Of Sigmar is able to forge it's own dark path. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1