Stormbringer - Age of Sigmar partworks from Hachette info thread

EonChao

3 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

I've just received an email from Forbidden Planet letting me know my issue 5 order is on its way. I'm interested to see what the Praetor is like.

It apparently also includes a booklet about how Stormcast are reforged? I am EXTREMELY interested in this, and would love to see it if you could show me/us.

11 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Still not had any issues despite being charged, Hachette support being particularly incompetent again :/  

Have you contacted them? I was surprised by how quickly they got back to me before the series launched (especially given my query was requesting they cancel my sub 😄). Might be worth doing if you haven't.

9 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Have you contacted them? I was surprised by how quickly they got back to me before the series launched (especially given my query was requesting they cancel my sub 😄). Might be worth doing if you haven't.

Yeah we have been going around in circles for weeks

On 3/22/2023 at 3:58 PM, Beliman said:

I need to know the issue that has 5 grundstock thunderers. I need to buy over 30kg or so of that number... 

100% this!

2 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Got my copy of issue 5 yesterday. I haven't cracked open the magazine itself, but the Praetor looks like a nice mini: fairly simple, but a nice sculpt and with a decent female head.

I am now eagerly awaiting Fauxhammers issue 11-20 contents blog...

me too!

So this is from issue 4 for Stormbringer:

Skyheld:
Hidden deep in the mountains of Ramhut's Spine is a place of wonder, terror and ancient secrets. This is Skyheld - a colossal, once-lost library of the ancient Draconith that is now a sprawling city home to many scholars and pioneers.

Long ago, Skyheld was an archive for the Draconith people. Since its rediscovery by Kharadron explorers, it has grown from a temporary expedition to a mighty fortress-city. The central library citadels house countless parties of scholars and delvers, eager to crack open the lost secrets of Skyheld and make their fortune. Their efforts are supported by a vast population of hunters, loggers and labourers. With space on the icy mountain shelves of Ramhut's Spine at a premium, most must dwell in temporary lodgings. The library itself is protected from Ghur's rampaging geography by magical means, but most of the city is not. Settlers battle the elements and rebuild their homes following frequent natural disasters. This constant upheaval makes the people of Skyheld a hardy and versatile folk. The boldest of their number support the city by hunting Stonehorns, braving the wild stomping grounds of these beasts in hopes of obtaining the gems found within their stony bodies.

Buried Knowledge:

Skyheld's greatest treasure is its library. Housed within seemingly endless vaults beneath the city, this store of knowledge contains secret wisdom from the Age of Myth, stored on long scrolls kept within cases of beast-bone. Powerful secrets are found deep in the library. Knowledge-prospectors brave forgotten and cunning traps as they blunder the lower reaches for vital scrolls.

The Iron Thanes (Stormcast):
The Iron Thanes are persistence predators who use the weather as a weapon. They defend Skyheld from invaders by luring them into high mountains, raging blizzards and treacherous ice-fields. Only when the enemy is exhausted and half-frozen do the Iron Thanes attack. They fall upon their enemy in a hail of furious strikes and storm-charged arrows before fading into the icy mist.

The Fungal Threat:

Many dark forces covet the knowledge found in the heart of Skyheld. Among the most determined are the Gloomspite Gitz of the Hollow Skullz. These grots believe idiocy is a virture and all knowledge must be destroyed so the realms can become a place of mindless violence. They burrow beneath Skyheld to destroy its precious scrolls.

To Tame the Wilderness:
Skyheld's survival depends on the Dawnbringer Crusades. The city must stand, for the knowledge found in its depths is invaluable and irreplaceable. However, its tenuous location means that fuel, food and workers are always in short supply. Each Dawnbringer Crusade represents a vital lifeline for the city. Some have been sent to fertile lowlands, while others seek key realmgates that will expand the city's trade routes to reach beyond Ghur. The settlers found in these Dawnbringer Crusades often volunteer to escape the biting cold found in Skyheld itself, or in the wake of the destruction of their homes by avalanche or earthquake. From there, they brave the narrow, icy passes and swampy lowlands that surround the city before venturing forthin into the realm. Few will survive this arduous journey.

There's also an image of a Maw-Krusha with a note that feral Maw-Krushas are one of the perils found in the swampy foothills surrounding Ramhut's Spine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EonChao said:

So this is from issue 4 for Stormbringer:

Skyheld:
Hidden deep in the mountains of Ramhut's Spine is a place of wonder, terror and ancient secrets. This is Skyheld - a colossal, once-lost library of the ancient Draconith that is now a sprawling city home to many scholars and pioneers.

Long ago, Skyheld was an archive for the Draconith people. Since its rediscovery by Kharadron explorers, it has grown from a temporary expedition to a mighty fortress-city. The central library citadels house countless parties of scholars and delvers, eager to crack open the lost secrets of Skyheld and make their fortune. Their efforts are supported by a vast population of hunters, loggers and labourers. With space on the icy mountain shelves of Ramhut's Spine at a premium, most must dwell in temporary lodgings. The library itself is protected from Ghur's rampaging geography by magical means, but most of the city is not. Settlers battle the elements and rebuild their homes following frequent natural disasters. This constant upheaval makes the people of Skyheld a hardy and versatile folk. The boldest of their number support the city by hunting Stonehorns, braving the wild stomping grounds of these beasts in hopes of obtaining the gems found within their stony bodies.

Buried Knowledge:

Skyheld's greatest treasure is its library. Housed within seemingly endless vaults beneath the city, this store of knowledge contains secret wisdom from the Age of Myth, stored on long scrolls kept within cases of beast-bone. Powerful secrets are found deep in the library. Knowledge-prospectors brave forgotten and cunning traps as they blunder the lower reaches for vital scrolls.

The Iron Thanes (Stormcast):
The Iron Thanes are persistence predators who use the weather as a weapon. They defend Skyheld from invaders by luring them into high mountains, raging blizzards and treacherous ice-fields. Only when the enemy is exhausted and half-frozen do the Iron Thanes attack. They fall upon their enemy in a hail of furious strikes and storm-charged arrows before fading into the icy mist.

The Fungal Threat:

Many dark forces covet the knowledge found in the heart of Skyheld. Among the most determined are the Gloomspite Gitz of the Hollow Skullz. These grots believe idiocy is a virture and all knowledge must be destroyed so the realms can become a place of mindless violence. They burrow beneath Skyheld to destroy its precious scrolls.

To Tame the Wilderness:
Skyheld's survival depends on the Dawnbringer Crusades. The city must stand, for the knowledge found in its depths is invaluable and irreplaceable. However, its tenuous location means that fuel, food and workers are always in short supply. Each Dawnbringer Crusade represents a vital lifeline for the city. Some have been sent to fertile lowlands, while others seek key realmgates that will expand the city's trade routes to reach beyond Ghur. The settlers found in these Dawnbringer Crusades often volunteer to escape the biting cold found in Skyheld itself, or in the wake of the destruction of their homes by avalanche or earthquake. From there, they brave the narrow, icy passes and swampy lowlands that surround the city before venturing forthin into the realm. Few will survive this arduous journey.

There's also an image of a Maw-Krusha with a note that feral Maw-Krushas are one of the perils found in the swampy foothills surrounding Ramhut's Spine.

This is brilliant! Thank you so much! 😍

7 hours ago, EonChao said:

These grots believe idiocy is a virture and all knowledge must be destroyed so the realms can become a place of mindless violence. They burrow beneath Skyheld to destroy its precious scrolls.

Dear God-king! Twitter Grots!! 😱

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

~~patiently~~ waiting for issue 5's Reforging lore now 😍

From issue 5:

Reforging:

It is almost impossible to kill a Stormcast Eternal for good. Through the magic of reforging, they are remade in body and soul any time they die, allowing them to fight endlessly for Sigmar.

Sigmar cannot afford to lose a single warrior in his war against evil, and so he designed the process of reforging. Through mysterious magic and arcane science, the soul of each Stormcast Eternal is captured and returned to Azyr whenever they die. Here, mages and soul-forgers rebuild the Stormcast Eternal's shattered spirit. Little is known about what occurs in the soul-forges, but it is understood to be incredibly painful, and it tests the will of even the most stalwart Stormcast Eternals. When reforging is complete, the Stormcast warrior is whole again. Once ready, they will return to the realms to battle again, now armed with hard-won knowledge of their foes. Many will use this chance to avenge their previous death.

Sigmarite:

The weapons and armour wielded by the Stormcast Eternals are forged from sigmarite - a magic metal that is spiritually bound to a Stormcast. When a warrior dies, their armour and weapons turn to lightning along with their soul, and when the Stormcast is reforged, so too are their favoured tools of war.

A Lethal Sacrifice:

At the moment a Stormcast Eternal dies, their body and soul are transmuted by magic into raw elemental lightning. As this holy lightning  travels back to Azyr, the Stormcast's enemies are left blinded, scorched and reeling. The boldest Stormcast will charge to where the fighting is thickest in order to use this lethal lightning as a weapon. 

To Strike like Lightning:

The Stormcast Eternals live to battle. There is no rest for these warriors from their duty. As soon as they are reforged in Azyr, they return to the realms to fight again. Through the power of Sigmar, the Stormcast Eternals are hurled into the realms on great bolts of lightning. This allows the Stormcast Eternals to strike anywhere with overwhelming force without needing to use a realmgate. A vast enemy army guarding a realmgate may find itself suddenly assaulted from the rear as a force of Stormcast Eternals descends in a blazing assault. Elsewhere, a small detachment of Stormcast Eternals may arrive behind a mighty army and strike a swift blow against the enemy commander. The life of a Stormcast Eternal is a constant cycle of death, rebirth and battle, as they are taken to Azyr and returned to the realms again and again.

"Reforging is our greatest power and our greatest curse - an eternity of battle awaits us all,"

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 3/30/2023 at 9:56 AM, Grungnisson said:

Issues 13 and 14 have now appeared for preorder, still no idea what the contents are after the 10th...

That fits the pattern. We'll probably hear about the next 4 issues reasonably soon. Fauxhammer tends to get reveals for the first 10 up front then the rest are announced slowly on a delivery by delivery basis.

Imperium released on 25th August, and Fauxhammer added the issue contents for 11-14 about 4 weeks later. Maybe this time they've been told to wait a little longer before announcing the next batch but I expect it should be soon.

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

That fits the pattern. We'll probably hear about the next 4 issues reasonably soon. Fauxhammer tends to get reveals for the first 10 up front then the rest are announced slowly on a delivery by delivery basis.

Imperium released on 25th August, and Fauxhammer added the issue contents for 11-14 about 4 weeks later. Maybe this time they've been told to wait a little longer before announcing the next batch but I expect it should be soon.

He's also been away at Adepticon and is now down with Covid after return, so might also be worth keeping in mind ;)

On 3/31/2023 at 2:10 PM, Grungnisson said:

He's also been away at Adepticon and is now down with Covid after return, so might also be worth keeping in mind ;)

Oh yeah, there's literally no rush. It's more important that he recovers from that.

• 2 weeks later...

One tip that I adapted too late on the Imperium series was to pre-order on Forbidden Planet and then wait to see what the content was and drop issues. Because FP doesn't charge you until they ship, you can preorder and cancel and it won't cost you anything and isn't costing them processing fees or such either. 

Otherwise popular issues vanish almost as soon as the content for htem is announced (I missed out on a few Necron issues that way because they just vanished in seconds) 

• Like 2