Controversial paint scheme?

Cayseymax

So, I have an idea for a controversial paint scheme. I’m considered making a sons of behemoth army, painted like Africans… but I want them to be naked, like tribesmen… with visible and pronounced genitalia… granted that’s more for provocations, But The African tribe idea is legit!

my question is this, how would you guys feel/ react if someone showed up with a naked African tribe of Behemats? 

• Haha 3

I think the very fact that you've framed it as controversial gives you the answer you surely already know: no, don't do it. The hobby isn't about trolling people. 

SoB are literally tribes, so painting them in a "tribal" way is not an issue (putting aside the fact that you seem to be taking your ideas of what "African tribesmen" look like from Tintin in the Congo). What is an issue is the rather obvious attempt to trigger people. I don't care what the paint scheme is, if you're doing it to trigger people, it's really not in the spirit of the hobby.

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I see your point… and it’s a good one. I just thought it would be funny… I wouldn’t make them look like the Tintin tho with bones in their nose or anything like that… the naked part granted was for lolz sure, the African part no.

it’s just that I usually see them in a more Viking themes tribal look… and I think African tribal would be genuinely cool! 

Edited by Cayseymax

8 minutes ago, Cayseymax said:

The nakedness granted was to provoke… The Zulu tribe thing was not! 

Can you please stop?

Paint dark skin, add tiger pelts, golden ornaments and savannah bases if you want an ethnic look. Don't misuse this hobby to be degrading.

• Like 3

I feel like everyone here is taking the bait.

But I'll bite too! OP, your cognisant enough to worry "Lord, people will think I'm a racist!" if you go through with this paint scheme.

...but you did not stop there. You decided to ask around if the idea was good and decided the original nagging feeling at the back of your head wasn't enough, so you decided to be provocative and flirt with...let's say as it is, not the most pc stereotypes. Racism, if you will. So you are cognisant enough to worry about being seen as racist, but not cognisant enough to not stop the thought process there but even take an extra mile.

That is why I think this is a troll job. Bake him away toys. Lock the thread, mods.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4