Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

SCE need their points rebalanced again. Its silly how much more normal battleline is compared to others now

Army wide 5+ ward against Mortals and we‘re good. Call it Demigods.

Alternatively, how about the scaly skin rule fir the whole army?

At this point I‘d take anything that‘d make those „demigods“ survive a little longer.

:D (Karazai might even see some play then)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

SCE need their points rebalanced again. Its silly how much more normal battleline is compared to others now

I hope that IF a rebalancing comes, it does not come as point reductions.

7 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Army wide 5+ ward against Mortals and we‘re good. Call it Demigods.

Thunderstrike armour of contempt!

• Like 2

That's why I went with Hammers of Sigmar just so at least we can get a 6+ ward near objectives.  (and I like Dracoths so they're battleline too).  But for sure if Death is getting a ward all over the place, the elite of Azyr certainly should too.  Or blinding reflective armor to reduce hits or something.  Stormcast seems like it's a really old book but didn't it come out last year?  Can't remember, I'm only getting into them this year; for sure seems to lack the juicy synergies that some newer armies have.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

That's why I went with Hammers of Sigmar just so at least we can get a 6+ ward near objectives.  (and I like Dracoths so they're battleline too).  But for sure if Death is getting a ward all over the place, the elite of Azyr certainly should too.  Or blinding reflective armor to reduce hits or something.  Stormcast seems like it's a really old book but didn't it come out last year?  Can't remember, I'm only getting into them this year; for sure seems to lack the juicy synergies that some newer armies have.

They were the first for this edition. However imo they‘ve had a difficult start (a lot of useless Scrolls) and things have gotten worse ever since

• Like 1

Just for organizational effect, I think many of the unit warscrolls need consolidation.  The Paladins for example would be good to combine into one warscroll with just Paladin weapons, all doing 1 MW on hits of 6 in addition to any damage, 3+/3+/-2/2 dmg, w Star Soul Maces sprinkled in as they are.  Dracoths a similar consolidation but with the Tempestor shooty weapons instead of the choppy ones.  And all those elite types should get an extra attack each if outnumbered.  That would be many less pages right there.

The Chamber keywords are also not utilized enough and don't get enough bonuses.  

Battleline if ....(*)...is the general, not a subfaction.  Maybe that's part of the problem?  Too many limits on builds because of the subfaction requirements for it rather than the general leading a type of unit.

Too many subfactions that don't interact with the Chambers perhaps.  Like too many soup ingredients that won't dissolve and flavor the broth.

• Like 1

I agree. They could do two pages of a generic Lord Warscroll for which you can chose a suffix and gain the corresponding rules. Then chose equipment and voila.

example: Lord

Chose one:

Relictor: Priest Keyword, +1 to chanting rolls, Gains Thundercall and XYZ Ability

Heraldor: Gain Thunderblast OR run and charge for a unit.

Sraconis: Can chose a Draconic

The same goes for Knight XYZ

I know they’re writing it all down for simplicities sake and WS Cards but they apparently have lost control over the amount of units. This way they could offer a „Hero Builder“

• Like 4

Would definitely like to see some warscrolls collapsed (basic infantry and paladins are the two obvious choices) but I'm in two minds about doing it to all the knights and lords simply because the warscroll format is not that great for listing options you don't use. Say they collapse the Knight warscroll into maybe three different ones, each would have four or five options which is a lot of text to slog through. If they found a different way of doing it that was more readable I'd be totally behind it. I also really want to see standardised attack profiles. Pretty much every knight & lord is 3+/3+/-1/2 but the number of attacks varies for seemingly no reason and occasionally you get a weird one like the zephyros or arcanum who have different damage for reasons(?)

Unrelated but I took Xandire's Truthseekers out for a spin earlier and I'm pretty impressed. I think they might be a bit too unfocused to be a real top tier pick but they're a very versatile little unit. Shooting is about the same as half a unit of longstrikes, melee is pretty good (5 attacks at 1 rend, 3 at 3 rend), everything hitting on 2s with the lantern bonus, and they're pretty tough at 15 wounds total on a 3+. Downsides are 5" movement and despite being literally named after the leader of the unit they don't actually have a defined leader so can't issue themselves commands. Oh, and they're subfaction-locked to hammers because other subfactions don't get to have fun things.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2023 at 5:51 AM, Dogmantra said:

Unrelated but I took Xandire's Truthseekers out for a spin earlier and I'm pretty impressed. I think they might be a bit too unfocused to be a real top tier pick but they're a very versatile little unit. Shooting is about the same as half a unit of longstrikes, melee is pretty good (5 attacks at 1 rend, 3 at 3 rend), everything hitting on 2s with the lantern bonus, and they're pretty tough at 15 wounds total on a 3+. Downsides are 5" movement and despite being literally named after the leader of the unit they don't actually have a defined leader so can't issue themselves commands. Oh, and they're subfaction-locked to hammers because other subfactions don't get to have fun things.

Stack with a Lord Relictor to translocates them 

I'm not convinced that would help tbh, the issue with their slow movement isn't an issue of cross-board movement, if you want them on a specific objective or part of the board you can just drop them there with Scions of the Storm. I think the low movement is more of an issue of threat range. Enemies can sit 18" away and be totally safe from a charge by the truthseekers (barring edge cases like Ghurish battlemage or the run & charge holy command), and effectively come up somewhere about 14 or 15" away if they really want to and not be too scared of getting charged because of the high roll needed. It means their pretty strong melee is only really going to be used on the counter charge, and they're not so tanky that it's likely they might lose one or two models if they get hit first.

On 6/9/2023 at 11:12 PM, rattila said:

What do we think about domitan stormcoven ? Strike first or last is a great buff / debuff, but is it worth 275 pts?

Also, what about the new warcry unit?

Domitan Stormcoven: you're taking them only for their spell, and the spell goes off on an 8 (and in most cases SCE won't have any way to make it more reliable). 275 points for that, considering that the rest of the profile is garbage, seems very steep.

Questors: very good, especially if you also have an imperitant. 18w on a 3+, counting for 18 on am objective and hitting relatively hard, plus their teleport, is a good package. They are a little expensive at 250 and for that they compete in the spot of our "best" hammers: fulminators/grandhammers/raptors

Edited by Marcvs

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a few points changes:

image.png.1b34be4544560dad0fee73f2b8560e31.png

Sad that Sequitors are no longer the same price as Liberators, I really do see them as sidegrades. Some nice drops, especially for some of the more powerful units (Longstrikes getting a points drop!)

The coherencey rules change for small units including 6 model units is specifically quite nice for SCE. Regular annihilators, mounted Evocators (if you can fit them in a line), a few nice buffs.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

Sad that Sequitors are no longer the same price as Liberators,

Yeah this kinda sucks as they were my battleline but even still my list dropped by 180pts. Might have to replace my Sequitors with Liberators now to squeeze out more points

Im over here wondering why the battlelines are still way over costed compared to Saurus Warriors and Chaos Warriors. Theres no longer any reason why Liberators and the others shouldnt be minimum of 10 and pointed down to where other 2w battleline are

• Thanks 1