AoS 3.0 - Ogor Mawtribes Discussion

Charleston

BCR were the more viable half of the army for sure, its a bit baffling why they felt the need to nerf the stonehorn beastriders in the last balance pass.

Not sure if Kragnos is worth it in a BCR army, but you'll have some savage impact mortals for sure.

I've seen some lists playing with the meme meatfist list of Kragnos + a bunch of brawlerguts tyrants, but not too much of kragnos in bcr, although I might have just missed the lists.

• 4 weeks later...

Wil try this list in a turnament in three weaks 

- Army Faction: Ogor Mawtribes - Subfaction: Underguts

LEADERS Butcher (140) - General - Command Traits: Gastromancer - Cleaver - Artefacts of Power: Gruesome Trophy Rack - Spells: Merciless Blizzard

Firebelly (120) - Spells: Billowing Ash

Frostlord on Stonehorn (460) - Mount Traits: Rockmane Elder

BATTLELINE

Ogor Gluttons (240)

Ogor Gluttons (240)

Ironguts (240)

Leadbelchers (160)

ARTILLERY

Ironblaster (200)

Ironblaster (200)

2 Drops

TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

• Like 1

Hey Ogor fans, 

I recently picked up a Vanguard box and already had the BCR start collecting box in my pile of potential. Just wondering if any particular builds/weapon combos are better to go with? Haven’t played many games of AoS so not really across the rules. Cheers!

11 hours ago, RandyRyan said:

Hey Ogor fans, 

I recently picked up a Vanguard box and already had the BCR start collecting box in my pile of potential. Just wondering if any particular builds/weapon combos are better to go with? Haven’t played many games of AoS so not really across the rules. Cheers!

Obvious thing is Frostlord on Stonehorn from BCR monsters as it is one of the best units in Battletome.

If you are into some kitbashing two-handed weapons of Mournfang could be used to build Ironguts instead of Leadbelchers or Gluttons from Vanguard box.

When it comes to Mournfang I would probably go for clubs (tough I may be biased as I used two-handed stuff for Ironguts kitbash). Clubs have better to hit and have chance to knockback some dmg. Tough if you want to use Mournang as heavy cav in reinforced units Gargant Hackers might be good.

• Like 1

I think that's got some potential, though I am not currently an Ogors player (used to be though).  The 3D6" charge with the Stonehorns is super delicious.  Positioning and target priority would be key of course since you're so limited on objective gathering.  More difficult could be scoring battle tactics...do Ogors have any good ones these days?  I shoulda kept my all Stonehorn army :(

• 2 weeks later...

I am really fed up with my Slaves to Darkness army but LOVE my chariot conversions which are pushed by Ironblaster pilot-Rhinox centaurs.  Sons of the Rhinox, as it were.  So I got the Ogors tome, and am thinking that I should just plop the big cannons with a loading Gnoblar on them.

Going with 4 Ironblasters to start, should I go Leadbelchers for cheap battleline and blastyness?  Or go Ironguts for combat supplements?  Thinking either wizard, and a couple Bloodpelt Hunters or maybe a Tyrant for this army.

I also have a mechanical Kragnos but I don't think I can fit him with all the Ironblasters in an army, so for using that, how about Meatfist, 5 Tyrants, 3x4 Leadbelchers?  

Any of these sound viable in the least?  Not that it matters, I wanna use the chariots and mecha-Kragnos somehow.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

NOVA Open Preview – The Gorger Mawpack Prepare To Make a Meal out of the Wildercorps - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

NEW GORGERS!  Cant wait to deepstrike something. Would be super sweet if that Sarlaac pit terrain would be an option too for AoS.

What I really like about these new models is that they for one update an old sculpt, and secondly could be easily converted into another old sculpt known as the yheedis 

• Like 1

I feel like i have to get this new Warcry set. Dont own any of the armies, but i like all the minis. Just didnt get a good look at the terrain yet.

The Gorgers would be a nice segway into a small Ogor force. Dont really know any lore/ rules about the Gorgers though. Do they have any subfactions within the tome they match with?

I always liked the Gutbusters. Troggoths allies are the cherry on top. Just hoping they get a small refresh to update them into the modern sculpts.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Yeah, really hoping the Troggoth King is 400 points or less!  And that Gnoblars go down to like 80-90 points.  They're such trash but our only real screen.

80-90 points.

personally I’d agree, but then again there are the clanrats.

even worser units than gobbos.

so I guess if they went down points so should the clanrats as well.

lets say 80 and 80points for both gobbos and rats

oh you mean gnoblars.

never mind what I said.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

After stumbling upon a nesting giant rabbit guarding a massive hoard of glittering colored oblong orbs, and then eating the giant rabbit, the spirit of it cursed this band of Underguts to forever eat only plants, lest they wither and die from eating anything else. 

Thus I'm making vegetarian bunny Ogors, but my Cannon-chariots are pushed by Rhinox-Centaur Ogors....should I make cow heads for them or what other herbivore?  Guess I'll need some Sylvaneth bits too :D

I have Underguts and Meatfist covered....but wow I'm looking at the Beastclaw Raiders now.  Definitely craving the cool refreshing Everwinter today.

Boulderhead is obviously good for monster mash, but what about Winterbite?  Yhetees seem super fast and useful to avoid Unleash Hell/Counter Charge/that OBR Mortarch Praetorian charge thing/ possibly others I can't think of.  With a shootier, more magical meta, wondering if that invisibility could put them in an upper tier?  ThunderHuskard as the general, then FLoSH, maybe a HoSH.  Priests are good to have to get stuff going without the risk of unbinds.  Thinking something like this:

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Winterbite
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Huskard on Thundertusk (330)*
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Command Trait: Touched by the Everwinter
- Mount Trait: Rimefrost Hide
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
Huskard on Stonehorn (400)**
- Blood Vulture
- Prayer: Pulverising Hailstorm
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- Mount Trait: Rockmane Elder
Bloodpelt Hunter (140)*
Bloodpelt Hunter (140)*
6 x Icefall Yhetees (220)**
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Icefall Yhetees (110)**
3 x Icefall Yhetees (110)**
2 x Frost Sabres (80)**
*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Battle Regiment
Mount Trait

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113
Drops: 5

I’ve got me-self some pirat ogre hungry for some feasting.

thankfully the big ‘ummies (megagargants)

are willing to lend a hand, or in this case their body for that feast.

in about a month I’ll be playing against a friends gargant army.

and while I’m not really known to play ogre I still had that army and am Interested in getting some fighting down with them.

so this will be my list.

Army Faction: Ogor Mawtribes
    - Army Subfaction: Underguts
    - Grand Strategy: Saga of the Monster Hunter
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER

1 x Bloodpelt Hunter (140)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Deadly Aim
    - Artefacts: Gruesome Trophy Rack

1 x Slaughtermaster (140)*
    - Spells: Blood Feast

1 x Tyrant (150)*
    - Artefacts: The Fang of Ghur
    - Big Name: Giantbreaker

BATTLELINE

6 x Ogor Gluttons (240)
    - Crusher
    - Bellower
    - Tribal Banner Bearer with Lookout Gnoblar
    - Ogor Club or Bluntblade and Ironfist

4 x Ironguts (240)
    - Gutlord
    - Bellower
    -  Rune Maw Bearer

4 x Leadbelchers (160)*

4 x Leadbelchers (160)*

ARTILLERY

1 x Ironblaster (200)

OTHER

4 x Mournfang Pack (170)
    - Hornblower
    - Tribal Banner Bearer
    - Skalg
    - Gargant Hackers

3 x Maneaters (150)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Warlord

TOTAL POINTS: (1920/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

it is mostly for fun, and as somebody who really likes the old world fluff I opted to go for such an army

• Like 1

That's good all corners list right there!  When the moment is right you can also pile on the charge rolls into a megagargant (after blasting it of course).  The Tyrant could even possibly finish it off.  Best part about Ogors for you is you could just make all Rat Ogors and use them in 2 different armies; and even the Lightning Cannon could be the Ironblaster :D 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

That's good all corners list right there!  When the moment is right you can also pile on the charge rolls into a megagargant (after blasting it of course).  The Tyrant could even possibly finish it off.  Best part about Ogors for you is you could just make all Rat Ogors and use them in 2 different armies; and even the Lightning Cannon could be the Ironblaster :D 

Love the idea, although I’d probably stick with the normal orge models.

it is kinda funny but I started the army with the release of the ogre kingdom trailer from total war warhammer.

and I loved it

What about this for some Yhetee action but with Boulderhead:

Huskard on TT (general, touched by Everwinter, Rimefrost Hide, vulture)

FLoSH (Rockmane Elder, Seat of Alvagr)

1x6 Yhetees, 2x3 Yhettees (battleline)

1x8 Ironguts

Thundertusk Riders (vulture)

Battle Regiment (so 2 drops)

That gets some strike last potential near Ironguts with the TTR, and the FLoSH is so tanky and can get beyond screen units with him Monstrous Action.  Not sure why but I'm really tempted by this!  Maybe I'll try it out with some proxies first.  I've been known to go wild on building without testing and regretting it hard later.

• 3 weeks later...

All warcry kits get AoS warscrolls, yeah.  Though we probably won't see it for another week or so.  Even if the rules aren't incredible, 5 deepstriking bodies are considerably more useful than the single model gorger unit, assuming the points aren't outrageous.

• Like 1

I'll be fighting an unknown Stormcast army tomorrow with my Underguts.  Going with Slaughter of Sorcery so I made my Butcher the general Gastromancer for a juicier target.  But I think the guy's a newer player so maybe he won't be able kill my 1 wizard.  My first game with Ogors in a long time!  

Butcher (general, Gastromancer, Hoarfrost)

Tyrant (Brawlerguts, Trophy Rack)

Bloodpelt Hunter

3x4 Leadbelchers

1x4 Ironguts

4 Ironblasters

Bloodthirsty Triumph

I'll take pics and report later....

• Like 1

Mission was Frigid Zephyr, exactly the WRONG mission for a bunch of Ironblasters!  But we were in combat pretty quick so I could really only shoot what was engaged then anyways. 

Leadbelchers kinda suck unless they stand still and fire, and even then, not super hot.  The cannons did alright, and being Underguts I just moved forward and did Hail Shot everytime.  Wanted to do the big shots turn 1 but: Zephyr.  Oh well.   I spread out too thinly I think, as he was able to pick me off very effectively in combat; I keep doing that with my armies.  Especially in games with that few objectives (3 in this game) you really only need to control 2.  He had Stormkeep though so many of his units counted as 3 models on objectives.  I did some decent Trampling Charge rolls, but his Annhilators and Storm Chariot did it even better!  And he managed several 10-12" charges into all my cannons so they were never able to do the Blubbergrub Stampede.

Also Stormcast explode!  And his subfaction could fight on death on a 5+.  All that adds up over a game.  Yes, I think castling is the way to go.  Also, I realized the Bloodpelt Hunter cannot deepstrike, for some reason I thought he could, but he did sneak around until I just forgot about him.  

Ironguts did pretty well turn 1 and were able to get rid of 10 Vindictors over 2 rounds.  But I think next time I might try taking them, a cannon or two, and the Hunter out, and putting in a Stonehorn and Thundertusk instead.  Probably still Underguts though, and Command Entourage for extra Mount Trait.  

I played terribly, forgot the Hunter was out there, AND forgot I had two Grand Battery battalions so coulda saved some CPs and blasted better.  Oh well, it was still a fun furious learning game.

IMG20231007135816.jpg

IMG20231007150451.jpg

• Like 1

Wondering how this frozen list might fare next game?  Yhetees are still intriguing me for some reason.  Guess I'm always looking for stuff that nobody really sees on the table....but that could be for a good reason(s)?  Not quite sure of the other particulars yet.  Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
Huskard on Thundertusk (330)
- Blood Vulture
- Prayer: Call of the Blizzard
Slaughtermaster (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast

Battleline

Units
6 x Icefall Yhetees (220)
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
2 x Mournfang Pack (170)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (170)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (170)
- Gargant Hackers
20 x Gnoblars (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Wounds: 140
Drops: 9

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 1:57 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

Wondering how this frozen list might fare next game?  Yhetees are still intriguing me for some reason.  Guess I'm always looking for stuff that nobody really sees on the table....but that could be for a good reason(s)?  Not quite sure of the other particulars yet.  Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
Huskard on Thundertusk (330)
- Blood Vulture
- Prayer: Call of the Blizzard
Slaughtermaster (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast

Battleline

Units
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
2 x Mournfang Pack (170)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (170)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (170)
- Gargant Hackers
20 x Gnoblars (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Wounds: 140
Drops: 9

Have you had a chance to test this? I've been wanting to play around with Yhetees myself but never had a chance.

And do you find the thundertusk to be particularly useful? I know that for the most part people have often preferred the double stonehorn.