Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

10 minutes ago, drcrater said:

So I come here to ask to the experts because I want a zombie army since forever. Seeing all the leaks, how viable do you think a full deadwalker army is? I mean, corpse carts and zombies have decent warscrolls, but I don't see a super lot of rule support for them appart from the battalion. Also, I fear that having only three deadwalker units, it could turn to a pretty boring-looking army. Damn, if only Gorslav could be taken alone... :( (also is not exactly exciting the idea to paint 100+ zombie bois only for the aesthetics) 

Very. They have excellent new rules, massive inprovement. Zombies and Raynard gang plus some corpse carts. Win.

3 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

All battalions have been improved, some more than others.

All spells have been adjusted, most of them positively. 

All sub-factions have been improved.

See this is just completely wrong. The battalions havent been 'improved' because all the LoN ones are gone. These are all new. And mostly bad. And might not be useable in 3.0 anyway. 

All the spells on almost all the warscrolls are bad and too hard to cast except the Coven Throne. The Lore of Vamps is straight trash except the speed spell. Deathmages is good at least

The sub factions...they are unimaginative and lock people into certain lists. Thats not fun at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Malakithe said:

See this is just completely wrong. The battalions havent been 'improved' because all the LoN ones are gone. These are all new. And mostly bad. And might not be useable in 3.0 anyway. 

All the spells on almost all the warscrolls are bad and too hard to cast except the Coven Throne. The Lore of Vamps is straight trash except the speed spell. Deathmages is good at least

The sub factions...they are unimaginative and lock people into certain lists. Thats not fun at all.

Sir, with all the respect you entail, I have to say you are talking bunk. But that’s fine. 

4 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

I was just listing the models i want, the salt is blinding you

Oh I thought that was your list idea lol which could work. Prince V, Coven Throne, fill the rest with Blood Knights. That will be devastating compared to anything else  

Just now, Malakithe said:

Oh I thought that was your list idea lol which could work. Prince V, Coven Throne, fill the rest with Blood Knights. That will be devastating compared to anything else  

that is surely one of the possible lists that popped in my mind  but i REALLY want to run two vengorian lords so i feel pretty torn. How do you feel about the vamptaur?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

I may be tunnel visioned with all the crying going off around me but Kastelai are damn amazing and stronk. Dunno what all you paesants are complaning about. 

Imma do
2x vengorian lords
lots of bloodknights
coven throne (THAT CA, just damn)
vargheists (got buffed yay :D )
vhordrai being even more chad

i am not sure about the battalion, healing is good but i would have to bring 2 foot lords, meh

You can have

2x Vengorians

1x Vhrodai

3x Blood Knights

1x Vargheists

Leaves you with 130 pts left 

:)

Just now, Raptor_Jesues said:

How are you cryiers and not so much cryers feeling about the vengorian lord? I feel like we got a pretty dope medium boy wich can do a lot of stuff and hits like a brick

An Avengorii army would have a couple of debuffers easily with a -1 attack with the spell, -1 hit with a Mourngul ally, -1 wound with the alliance, removing -1 rend with a Vengorian... I think is a good start point for the subfaction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

I may be tunnel visioned with all the crying going off around me but Kastelai are damn amazing and stronk. Dunno what all you paesants are complaning about. 

Imma do
2x vengorian lords
lots of bloodknights
coven throne (THAT CA, just damn)
vargheists (got buffed yay :D )
vhordrai being even more chad

i am not sure about the battalion, healing is good but i would have to bring 2 foot lords, meh

Sadly I don't see them as that strong. The outflank is risky if you're not guaranteed a charge (unlike the Idoneth one where they get +3 to charge) and the buff when you kill things is quite fun and thematic, but situational. Not many good players will let you kill one of their units without retaliation. 

Not saying it's bad, but you just have to be more careful with it than you might think. 

2 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

that is surely one of the possible lists that popped in my mind  but i REALLY want to run two vengorian lords so i feel pretty torn. How do you feel about the vamptaur?

Yes, Imo they‘re good. Yet I won‘t field units I don‘t like visually ^^. Though I have a conversion in mind that will make my Vamp Lord on Steed less redundant 🥲

4 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

Sadly I don't see them as that strong. The outflank is risky if you're not guaranteed a charge (unlike the Idoneth one where they get +3 to charge) and the buff when you kill things is quite fun and thematic, but situational. Not many good players will let you kill one of their units without retaliation. 

Not saying it's bad, but you just have to be more careful with it than you might think. 

the comand trait and relics though help A LOT

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Yes, Imo they‘re good. Yet I won‘t field units I don‘t like visually ^^. Though I have a conversion in mind that will make my Vamp Lord on Steed less redundant 🥲

i was going for a snek dude with wings (like morathi) conversion but now that i am done i dont know, it does not feel right for kastelai, you know? I think i will put them on horses and put bladed wings on the mounts, that could be nice. What were you thinking for your conversion?

Edited by Raptor_Jesues

2 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

i was going for a snek dude with wings (like morathi) conversion but now that i am done i dont know, it does not feel right for kastelai, you know? I think i will put them on horses and put bladed wings on the mounts, that could be nice. What were you thinking for your conversion?

depending on the size I'll put the upper body onto the Knight of Shrouds' Horse (replacing the neck part)

1 minute ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

the comand ability and relics though help A LOT

For sure, completely agree. I think they could be fun to run and I'll try them out :) 

On that note, you guys up for helping me figure out the faction to go with? 

Units I like:

Blood Knights
Vengorian Lords
Vampire Lords
Vargheists
Fell Bats
Grave Guard
Terrorgheists

I am not a fan of one-dimensional armies so I don't like to run just Blood Knights or just monsters. Going by that, I probably won't get most use out of Avengorii (sadly), Legion of Blood doesn't interest me much either. Legion of Night likewise seems a bit meh. 

Between Kastellai and Vyrkos, which one do you think benefits the above units most? 

1 minute ago, Aren73 said:

For sure, completely agree. I think they could be fun to run and I'll try them out :) 

Units I like:

Blood Knights
Vengorian Lords
Vampire Lords
Vargheists
Fell Bats
Grave Guard
Terrorgheists

I am not a fan of one-dimensional armies so I don't like to run just Blood Knights or just monsters. Going by that, I probably won't get most use out of Avengorii (sadly), Legion of Blood doesn't interest me much either. Legion of Night likewise seems a bit meh. 

Between Kastellai and Vyrkos, which one do you think benefits the above units most? 

Avengorii or Kastelei should suit you. Yet honestly: Every faction works with those models :)

2 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

Units I like:

Blood Knights
Vengorian Lords
Vampire Lords
Vargheists
Fell Bats
Grave Guard
Terrorgheists

it really depends on how many knights you have. You need some battleline for vrykos so consider adding skellies/zombies/wolves or running kastelai instead with bloodknights battleline

Edited by Raptor_Jesues

1 minute ago, Aren73 said:

Units I like:

Blood Knights
Vengorian Lords
Vampire Lords
Vargheists
Fell Bats
Grave Guard
Terrorgheists

Kastelai could be a cool all-vamp army with a mix of Varcheists and Blood knights with general heroes, since everything is a vampire they get bonuses on their kills!

I like it overall tbh.. There are several ways to play an army.. Only problem is to get spells of with barely any bonus on casting

If i look at the vykros bloodline there are barely any wizards that profit from the rerolls since most of the bloodline are meleebeatsticks.. Right i am torn between Night / Vykros / kastelai clans.. 

I wont get any fellbats but i like it overall.. The vamp lord is a tad squishy 

The beastlord is good in combination with tankier units like graveguard and bloodknights

6 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

Beginning to feel we need two separate threads, the lovers and haters.

You’re more than welcome to set up a separate thread where you all high five each other for unconditionally loving a product a billion dollar company have released with the sole purpose of extracting as much money as possible from you.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2