Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

Vargheists almost 100% - I was more talking about certain Nighthaunt , Morghasts with Arkhan , the Engines etc. at least some final confirmation - or perhaps an alignment type of thing because they did mention not just Soulblight but death alliance itself under Nagash - the Tome is “packed” under their first unveil 

2 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Vargheists are likely to stay in right? X.x

Almost for certain - it would be incredibly disappointing if they were relegated to FEC. I doubt they won't be in the book. 

5 minutes ago, Sception said:

The build up to the event has certainly been more about Kragnos than vampires, so muted expectations on our part may be in order.

One of the preview hype posters mentions vampires so we may not get the full reveal...but we'll get *something* for sure

6 minutes ago, El Syf said:

And the little flag thing is vampire to be sure. 

Full range reveal and Abhorash ****** it!

I admire your courage, while also wincing at the weight of your possible let-down. 

• Like 1

aigh, aigh, so...
HOLY ******
The vangorian lord and the named version look amazing, like not even fun amazing. Horse+ lord confirmed, ****** yeah!!!
radukar is cool but not my thing aestethically, gonna proxy him
the wolf lady is very cool but imma proxy her to because me like horsey
wolves are all i needed

ALSO one guy said vangorian BLOODLINE

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1

Just now, Malakithe said:

Yep sounds like a totally new bloodline confirmed. Looks like a cross between vamps and wolves. Cuz normal bat vamps werent terrifying enough apparently lol

the vangorian are the mega dragon bat ones though, wolves themes are on the vrykos like radukar

Vangorian lord is really cool, freaky to the max. Damn I'm glad that there is a non-named version. 

The rest...eh. 

This release looks to be 6 resculpts and 5 named characters, plus a dual kit new hero type. 

I remain hopeful that the rules are kick-ass, strong but fluffy. 

Just now, Aren73 said:

Vangorian lord is really cool, freaky to the max. Damn I'm glad that there is a non-named version. 

The rest...eh. 

This release looks to be 6 resculpts and 5 named characters, plus a dual kit new hero type. 

Those named guys can be used of course as generic lords which will be nice for a unique look

Did anyone get wich unit was on the army shot on the top right? 

I didn't catch grave guard, but corpse cart, unmounted terrorgheist and vargheists were all there

1 minute ago, Aren73 said:

The rest...eh. 

A lot of armies would be super grateful to get 6 unit reescultps XD

• Like 1

Lauka Val can be built as a generic lord, at least. Not gonna lie, a bit disappointed with the large number of unique characters rather than new units, I'll have to give some thought as to whether if  I want to get into Gravelords after all. But it's not like all this was unexpected, anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Causalis said:

How so? Their base size is waaay to big for a generic Vampire Lord isn't it?

Bases can be swapped. Conversions/kit bashes made. Im not too worried about it. They all look too good not to use. Hell might have to use some on a VLoZD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gotz said:

Did anyone get wich unit was on the army shot on the top right? 

I didn't catch grave guard, but corpse cart, unmounted terrorgheist and vargheists were all there

A lot of armies would be super grateful to get 6 unit reescultps XD

Of course they would XD 

I guess based on how great GW releases have been recently I set my expectations higher than Gloomspite Gitz, who got:
6 resculpts too, 7 new units (1 named char, 6 new units) and that's counting the Dank trolls and the Gobbapalooza as 1 each ;) , Endless spells and Faction terrain. 

I'm not complaining, just mentioning that it was below my expectations which were informed by the above. May have been completely unwarranted but I don't think they were utterly unreasonable. 

Then again they didn't show any faction terrain or endless spells...so are we not getting those or is there more to reveal? 

2 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

Of course they would XD 

I guess based on how great GW releases have been recently I set my expectations higher than Gloomspite Gitz, who got:
6 resculpts too, 7 new units (1 named char, 6 new units) and that's counting the Dank trolls and the Gobbapalooza as 1 each ;) , Endless spells and Faction terrain. 

I'm not complaining, just mentioning that it was below my expectations which were informed by the above. May have been completely unwarranted but I don't think they were utterly unreasonable. 

Then again they didn't show any faction terrain or endless spells...so are we not getting those or is there more to reveal? 

Could be a splitrelease like lrl once again... They got their faction terrain in the second wave aswell

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Bases can be swapped. Conversions/kit bashes made. Im not too worried about it. They all look too good not to use. Hell might have to use some on a VLoZD

And despite my disparaging previous comment I am excited for all the lovely conversions coming!

Plus...the Vangorian Lord is amazing.