Will Broken Realms battalions still be valid in future GHB

MightyMetro

Question

I missed campaigns like the Realm Gates and Malign Portents. So, im curious.

Are battalions found in Morathi and Co liable to be valid for match play in the next GHB or even version 3.0, if it arrives in the next 12 months?

i heard mercenary rules disappeared quickly.  So, i wanted to ask before i pull the trigger on ordering some 1.0 SE redeemers

7 answers to this question

The short answer is we can't say for certain. It depends on if what they release in Broken Realms gets folded in to each faction's battletome going forward.

That said, we've been told that much (possibly all) of the new stuff for the Lumineth in BR: Teclis will also be featured in their new battletome.

Additionally, as far as I've heard, all the BR: Morathi content for Daughters of Khaine found it's way into their new tome as well (I don't own their battletome myself, so I can't speak with certainty.)

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 6:08 PM, jamie.white said:

I can’t lay my hands on my book atm but I am pretty sure Vyperic Guard isn’t in the new battletome . 

The Vyperic Guard is part of the Daughers of Khaine Battletome. (Page 83)

At least the Daughters of Khaine are fully included into the Battletome (and the Allegiance for Zainthar Kai was updated becaue it didn't have a Artefact in Broken Realms Morathi).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/17/2021 at 2:18 AM, azdimy said:

Yet the new Slaanesh battletome did not include any of the Slaanesh content that was in the Wrath of the everchosen expansion

I think that’s because Wrath Of The Everchosen isn’t considered a ‘campaign book’ like Broken Realms is, but rather a Battletome expansion, in a similar manner to how the Slaanesh battletome also doesn’t contain any Slaves To Darkness or Beasts Of Chaos content

Content in campaign books remains valid until it is replaced*. The Realmgate Wars never had pitched battle profiles, so was never legal in Matched to begin with. But stuff like Legion of Greif or Fyreslayer/FEC mercenary rules is still useable, and that is from the Forbidden Power supplement. There may even be some stuff from the Firestorm supplement still useable in Matched, though most has been replaced and I dimly recall Grand Alliance allegiances can't be used in Matched as of the newest GHB?

*With the notable exception of warscrolls (units & battalions); these must have a point cost with a publication of August 2020 or later (as of me typing this). The way I think of it is that when a new GHB drops and does not have a point cost for something, it is essentially 'replacing' that cost with 'no longer available for matched play'.

Edited by NinthMusketeer