Dreddships

I have had a thought for some time about making a rock n roll thene Slaanesh army and This may be the time to do it.

I wanted to make the keepers in the style of Rock/music icons eg ziggy stardust, Freddie Mercury, prince. The rest of the army would be groupies done in the style of other groups eg Kiss, ABBA, Kate bush and so on.

Not only would it be fun but I get to quote Led Zeppelin- they’ll give you every inch of their love

Whats not to like?

290C591C-46E8-48E5-B46F-373A52F39A43.jpeg

B9E56572-E1B1-46C3-8DB9-E5BC3F1D0F70.png

14811BF5-0097-4241-97ED-1299EBEBA98F.jpeg

94D927FA-04A4-4207-8381-394DB2F66337.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

I have had a thought for some time about making a rock n roll thene Slaanesh army and This may be the time to do it.

I wanted to make the keepers in the style of Rock/music icons eg ziggy stardust, Freddie Mercury, prince. The rest of the army would be groupies done in the style of other groups eg Kiss, ABBA, Kate bush and so on.

Not only would it be fun but I get to quote Led Zeppelin- they’ll give you every inch of their love

Whats not to like?

Oh I love this idea!

I feel like a unit of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Twinsouls Band would be a nice looking unit that can say Hello, Goodbye simultaneously!

Also Later Elvis as Lord of Gluttony and  Shalaxi Liberace!  So many possibilities! 

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Oh I love this idea!

I feel like a unit of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Twinsouls Band would be a nice looking unit that can say Hello, Goodbye simultaneously!

Also Later Elvis as Lord of Gluttony and  Shalaxi Liberace!  So many possibilities! 

Amazing. Had not thought of those.  There are so many options especially from the 70s and 80s to draw on for inspiration

• LOVE IT! 1

I am thinking this year is going to be more focused on finishing what I have rather.

I have a few things I picked up from battle boxes or SC sets that then didn't really go anywhere that I'd like to round out to 1k and both my FEC and Nighthaunt armies just need some time invested to make fully painted 2k armies.

I'll continue adding to my ever swelling collection of Stormcast through the Mortal Realms magazine.

I also think I'm gonna finally bite the bullet and start the Morathi+snake army that I've wanted since getting into the hobby like 2 years ago. Really struggling with a paint scheme though, must have repainted my Ironscale at this point, I just can't get it right for some reason :(.

• Like 1

I've started this year as I mean to go on: painting Stormcast and Nighthaunts! Mainly because I'm staring down the barrel of 80 Chainrasp and 16 Myrmourn Banshees, all secondhand and in need of a little TLC before I can start painting. Not to mention all the grand plans I have for my Heralds of Sigmar (they bear his word)

But, in the theme of the thread, I have finally decided to start both Daughters of Khaine and Lumineth Realmlords after I resisted the temptations of Slaanesh. The biggest stumbling block was a cohesive paint scheme that I could share between both armies, but still include their own little nuances to set them apart. An Elven alliance, if you will, in which each faction claim they want the same goal; an anti-Slaanesh policy, yet are determined to further their own agenda's through political backstabbing, fractious alliances and being politely snide to one another during negotiations.  (insert satirical similes as you see fit)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Futa Manticore said:

being politely snide to one another during negotiations. 

You better enter a few doubles tournaments and make this happen 😂

and when a TO complains that you are breaking the code of conduct you can say it’s just the narrative. 
And that your uppity elf co-players is a bit full of himself just because his white robes aren’t covered in blood.  

I've got a lot of armies already, so I don't want to start another unless it meets specific criteria:

Skaven Clan Eshin gets an update  and expanded release (ninja rats, what's not to love?)

They release a human army following the aesthetics of the teased vampire-slayer model.

Depending on a athletics, if they release a new melee-focused Dwarven faction.

If Tyrion aelves are released as a separate faction (unlikely in my opinion.)

Presently, I plan to continue to finish painting up my existing collections and try to get my armies to 2000/2500 points of finished units.

That said, I have a bunch of Bonesplitterz I picked up that could technically count as my new army for the year.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1

All my existing armies (Slaves to Darkness, Cities, FEC) are all armies that I've been able to pick up for 'cheap'er due to having models carry over from the old world. I feel like in particular with my last few armies as well (Cities and FEC) that I've been happy enough to paint them to a good standard, but I've definitely been lazy in certain areas.

So late last year I decided to put some money down on an exclusive AoS faction for new year new army. I had originally written off this army due to the high cost, but managed to find a way to get it a lot cheaper from overseas.

So for my New Year New Army, I'll be building.... Lumineth Realm Lords.

I also want to start figuring out a storage solution for my armies. A lot of my newer painted stuff sits on my shelves and I don't really have dedicated cases or a proper spot for them. So I need to figure out how to store them, so I can put newer stuff on my shelves!

• Like 1