Top Destruction Theme Songs

Lucio

Ok, don't know if these type of threads are allowed or wanted on here, so appologies if this is out of place, but after a blast of retro 80's you-tubing tonight with my other half, I was curious, what kind of theme songs would Destruction players associate with their warbands?

Loads of great songs come to mind but I don't just want to list them all so here's a good track for the ladz all lined up, you have given turn one to the enemy and your waiting to have your go and roll up ironfist and rampaging destroyers and smash face turn one charges!

"Cochise" by audioslave 

After gordrakk charged Arkhan and did 8 mortals from destructive bulk, chopped him up, then 20 skeletons, got charged by Neferatta and a necrosphynx, chopped up neffi and finally died to a double 6 scythe attack from necrofail (who was down to only 2 wounds left) this song is my current gordrakk theme tune 

13 hours ago, thediceabide said:

I'm actually assembling a Destruction playlist on Spotify...

1. Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
  2. Immigrant Song - Led Zepplin
  3. Thunderstruck - AC/DC
  4. Seek & Destroy - Metallica
  5. War Ensemble - Slayer
  6. Overkill - Motorhead
  7. Ride with Us - Turbonegro

Lets keep it going!

Sir you have an excelent musical taste!

On 8/31/2016 at 11:30 PM, Ansuz said:

Sir you have an excelent musical taste!

Thank you kindly, and I've expanded the playlist a bit, my goal is to fill up 2.5 hours, so I can have a full game's worth. The trick is finding songs that feel DESTRUCTION and not Chaos, so no mention of daemons, more about battle, raiding and pillaging.

1. Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
  2. Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
  3. Thunderstruck - AC/DC
  4. Seek & Destroy - Metallica
  5. War Ensemble - Slayer
  6. Overkill - Motorhead
  7. Ride with Us - Terbonegro
  8. Drink - Alestorm
  9. Heathen Horde - Ensiferum
  10. Vulgaris Magistralis - Heidevolk
  11. Battle Metal - Turisas
  12. When Cannons Fade - Bolt Thrower
  13. We are the Hammer - Hammer King
  14. Battle's Won - Helloween
  15. Mammoth Rider - Visigoth
  16. Metsamies - Korpiklaani
  17. Winter Woede - Heidevolk

I'm trying to not duplicate bands, though I do have two Heidevolk songs in there, so I might cut one.

Here's the playlist on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/122330946/playlist/0NmpzfUKdayMR5T1cRoNbM

Haha, great choices!

This is therapeutic in a way... I'm going to be selling off my 15,000 points of Khorne Daemonkin (downsizing my 40k collection, keeping the Imperial Knights and INQ/GK/Assassin allies), but listening to metal makes me nostalgic for Chaos, especially Khorne. I just need to reprogram my brain to accept that Destruction can be just as metal. :)

55 minutes ago, Ansuz said:

I'm also working on a playlist for my Yceslayers mixing themes of movies and videogames that remind me of winter, cold and epic battles. May I suggest Manowar's Hail and Kill for your playlist?

Another excellent addition, how could I forget to add some MANOWAR?!

23 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

Here comes your man, bybthe pixies

Funny they're from my area, I live in the same town as the guitar player. I've seen them and Frank Black a bunch of times but mostly because I was working :)

Archived