The Age of the Bristling Beard!

Yes and yes, hold up brainstorm time. So I am thinking of slicing off the top half of the dwarf, leave the legs, put on a longbeard with great weapon (what proper duardin uses a pole arm? After all, those are for Aelves) and then using that as some basic cavalry of Awesomeness, then I want to take the stonehorn, see if i can find a properly sized bear head, and put on that with a cannon/dwarven war party, run it similar to a stegosaurus with a bunch of skinks, except bear and dwarves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

On an unrelated note while we wait for a  Valaya themed army, does anyone know of a good source of female dwarven warriors, shield maidens etc? I figure some one must make them. I've seen plenty of individual hero figures for D&D, such as the wizkids and reaper models, but does anyone know of good infantry or gun  line type kits?

I just checked and I think mine must have been Kickstarter only.  I got some nice ones from Oathsworn Miniatures several years ago, but looking on the webstore there they aren't on it any more.  I've got enough from there to do a mixed male/female unit of 20, which is part of my upcoming metal horde.

8 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

He's Bugman, he can be a runelord if he's drunk enough! 

On an unrelated note while we wait for a  Valaya themed army, does anyone know of a good source of female dwarven warriors, shield maidens etc? I figure some one must make them. I've seen plenty of individual hero figures for D&D, such as the wizkids and reaper models, but does anyone know of good infantry or gun  line type kits?

https://www.atlantisminiatures.com/products/dwarf-female-unit

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=139

Though the later is more about male dwarves.

D&D and pathfinder dwarves from all suppliers are also more diverse.

I intently watched an unboxing of Atlantis and purchased them.

They may seem like renders, being so crisp and devoid of mold lines, but that's actually true for the models the guy unboxed as well. At an eye height of 21 mm, they will be a bridge between my metal dwarves and the plastic ones I could still buy.

This is the model I got as a Runesmith- female dwarf smith from Reaper

https://www.reapermini.com/search/female dwarf/latest/14082

Hoping we get some female Kharadron sometime- love the imagery in the new book and the story Code of the Skies.

Interested to see what the rebirth of Warhammer will bring- hoping for proper Norse Dwarfs- the return of the Magnificent Sven and maybe dwarf berserkers! 

I know the White Dwarf is around the mortal realms - anything on Bugman? He started off as a brewmaster on a revenge mission but towards the end of Warhammer he seemed to have become something more. 

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, silverstu said:

This is the model I got as a Runesmith- female dwarf smith from Reaper

https://www.reapermini.com/search/female dwarf/latest/14082

Hoping we get some female Kharadron sometime- love the imagery in the new book and the story Code of the Skies.

Interested to see what the rebirth of Warhammer will bring- hoping for proper Norse Dwarfs- the return of the Magnificent Sven and maybe dwarf berserkers! 

I know the White Dwarf is around the mortal realms - anything on Bugman? He started off as a brewmaster on a revenge mission but towards the end of Warhammer he seemed to have become something more. 

I think there is something about Bugman being a brewery in a Skyport.

8 minutes ago, Ork-en Man said:

It is on pg 19 of the new battletome. Bugman's Brew is mentioned as being in high demand. It's also stated that they also sell in Sigmar's free cities.

I believe in the new Gotrek Audio drama/novels he doesn't speak very highly of Bugmans of the Mortal Realms. 

Though I've read/heard them I don't recall specifically, but he is generally grumpy about most things

32 minutes ago, Overread said:

I believe in the new Gotrek Audio drama/novels he doesn't speak very highly of Bugmans of the Mortal Realms. 

Though I've read/heard them I don't recall specifically, but he is generally grumpy about most things

I left out the part where it's watered-down in the free cities. 

5 hours ago, Ork-en Man said:

I left out the part where it's watered-down in the free cities. 

What! That's going in the book.

My City is a big producer of malt and hops (since Ghyran produce can be Nurgly), and brews right off the heat of a volcano. The associated Skyport is Barak Valdahaz, or the Brewery Port, though much of the brewing is actually done on the surface (this isn't hidden, it is stated in the 56th page of the contract for the buyers).

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

What! That's going in the book.

My City is a big producer of malt and hops (since Ghyran produce can be Nurgly), and brews right off the heat of a volcano. The associated Skyport is Barak Valdahaz, or the Brewery Port, though much of the brewing is actually done on the surface (this isn't hidden, it is stated in the 56th page of the contract for the buyers).

Um sir, this beer doesn't taste quite - *pukes*

51 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I might be mis-remembering but didn't Gotrek also have some sort of "Fire ale" with the Fyreslayers in the first audiodrama? 

Absolutely... still he had manling beers that were better. The fyreslayers used all kinds of spices in their ale. 🤭

And there's also that 10 year project... Making 14 Mordheim thematic dwarf warbands !

From top to bottom, the warbands are :

1. Runemaster party

2. Runelord party

3. Adventurers

4. Bandits

5. Explorers

6. Merchants

7. Imperial dwarves

8. Engineers

9. Mountainers

10. Miners

11. Slayers

12. Brewers

13. Chaos dwarves (!)

14. Tamers

For each line, from left to right, the dwarves are supposed to represent, in that order : Noble, Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Warrior 3, Engineer, Thunderer, Troll Slayer 1, Troll Slayer 2

I wish I finally find the time to paint them all...

14.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1