Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

@Tiger Yeah, I kinda figured that might be a little bit too far out there, I was just spittballing ideas.

As for the fate of aelven souls, both Slaanesh and Nagash hunger for them.  They make a rather big deal about how Slaanesh still, even from prison, wants the Idoneth's souls, which is one of the reasons they hide the way they do.  I can't imagine the Lumineth, escaping a similar fate, wouldn't want to take steps to safeguard their souls now that they are free.

In a similar fasion, I also can't see Tyrion and Teclis being happy that Nagash is using their departed kinsmen as weapons.  And neither of them particularly is afraid of Nagash, so again, I see them taking steps to halt his plans as well.

In other news, it appears as though we might owe Katakros a small debt.  Apparantly in the Wrath of the Everchosen, Archaon has found Slaanesh and is trying to free him/her.  Katakros' invasion of Eightpoints interrupts Archaon, forcing him to return and defend his home turf.  This is probably the thing that galvanizes Teclis to lead the Lumineth out into battle.

• Like 3

The place where slaanesh is kept is already a miniature realm, almost like the eight points is. If any of the aelves are smart it’s peobably the single most fortified position they have! The only thing they could worry about is if slaanesh broke free himself, and that would never happen!

i almost wonder if these spirits of Hysh would have some way of protecting the aelves souls, maybe making a tower nexus that the spirits guide back to hyish and protect?

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Tiger ...

In other news, it appears as though we might owe Katakros a small debt.  Apparantly in the Wrath of the Everchosen, Archaon has found Slaanesh and is trying to free him/her.  Katakros' invasion of Eightpoints interrupts Archaon, forcing him to return and defend his home turf.  This is probably the thing that galvanizes Teclis to lead the Lumineth out into battle.

Oh nice find, that sounds likely, and if not, it something you could play out in a own campaign anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

The place where slaanesh is kept is already a miniature realm, almost like the eight points is. If any of the aelves are smart it’s peobably the single most fortified position they have! The only thing they could worry about is if slaanesh broke free himself, and that would never happen!

i almost wonder if these spirits of Hysh would have some way of protecting the aelves souls, maybe making a tower nexus that the spirits guide back to hyish and protect?

Calling it now, eventually we will get a campaign where slaanesh breaks free (obviously)

prediction: Teclis or similar will activate some sort of protocol that allows elves to fully utilize the spirits power. This turns them into elementals many time stronger then an elf (like a spirit warrior equivalent or whatever the wraith knights and guard are called as a collective) but forfeits their soul in some way as a repercussion. It might even use dead elf souls in the same way (maybe Teclis found a way to keep them away from nagash and slaanesh) that the spirit warriors do

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer

25 minutes ago, Dollface said:

Building a fortress-prison around Slaanesh in order to keep a returning Archaon away would be a cool story move. There could even be an order of elite, greatsword-wielding Lumineth infantry tasked with it's defence... 

Hmmm wonder what they would be called? If they are guarding slaanesh they prolly would be masters of their swords. You know, to help them fight people 

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

Somewhere in the lore it says that Teclis managed to lessen the effects of the Necroquake with Aetherquarz. And Light magic always had that kind of quality to it. So that's possible. 

Given that Slaanesh is kept in Uhl-Ghysh which is between the realms of light and shadow, I could definitely see Malerion's forces getting involved in defence of Slaanesh's prison. This would be a nice time to release the shadow aelves faction to unite with Tyrion/Teclis

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Somewhere in the lore it says that Teclis managed to lessen the effects of the Necroquake with Aetherquarz.

Malign sorcery, he built a giant tower made out of aetherquartz.

3 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

That is my long time speculation, bonding with the primordial elements of Hysh makes them a part of realm cycle.  Perhaps upon death they become part of the spirit (who are extension of the realm), with some that synchronize their souls well enough to achieve some sort of spiritual singularity. I speculate this is what the Light of Eltharion is.

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luke.w said:

Given that Slaanesh is kept in Uhl-Ghysh which is between the realms of light and shadow, I could definitely see Malerion's forces getting involved in defence of Slaanesh's prison. This would be a nice time to release the shadow aelves faction to unite with Tyrion/Teclis

Speaking of this, the rumour engine thing that had a half moon stone object with like a rune on it looks dark elf like. Apparently the rune stands for “shadow” or “silence” idk heard it from a live video on YouTube. This could very well be the year of the elves and NOT the rat if things progress like this lol. Would also make a very good box set, perhaps the boundaries between light and dark are a bit muddled due to the in between place, and some border wars occur? Or maybe they will be friendly with one another idk

the fluff on the realm of shadow is dope, shadow demon creatures and stuff. Plus whole chaos armies disappearing.

Don't you think that yet another elven-army would be too much? As it stands, right now we have 4 and Tyrion, Malerion and Kurnothi should be on the way at some point. I think it is more plausible to have Malerion joining Idoneth (Or DoK, but i can't see him allying with her mother), Tyrion bringing another "chamber" to the Lumineth and the Kurnothi joining forces with the Sylvaneth. If they follow 40K's path, it seems like campaigns are going to be "Psychic Awakening" events to release new rules and models, so probably no new elf army this year after Lumineth.

As for the campaign with Slaanesh, which will definitely happen, I think it will come next in 2021, because the lore has been building up to the battle for Excelsis, and with Stormcast being one of the first battletomes of 2.0, it seems more plausible to have that campaign in Fall than anything elven-related. With that said, I would love a dual box set for the release of Lumineth vs. Malerion. Hear our prayers, GW!

As they have specifically referenced Tyrion now in the latest army along with Teclis, I think he's going to be part if the Lumineth.  Whether he's part of this first release remains to be seen.  However, he's too awesome of a character, and the concept of his Angel Aelves too unique, for us not to see them in model form at some point.

• Like 2

Greetings coneheads.

If anyone's interested in Teclis' previous incarnations, I've just started a new blog series examining his every chronological appearance from 1992 to present. The first two parts is a little evident, but I'm currently working on posts covering his novel appearances and roles in the Storm of Chaos and End Times. Feedback as always appreciated. :) 

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2020/01/great-canon-teclis-part-1-origins-1992.html

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2020/01/great-canon-teclis-part-2-aenarion-1992.html

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 hours ago, Thaliontil said:

Don't you think that yet another elven-army would be too much? As it stands, right now we have 4 and Tyrion, Malerion and Kurnothi should be on the way at some point. I think it is more plausible to have Malerion joining Idoneth (Or DoK, but i can't see him allying with her mother), Tyrion bringing another "chamber" to the Lumineth and the Kurnothi joining forces with the Sylvaneth. If they follow 40K's path, it seems like campaigns are going to be "Psychic Awakening" events to release new rules and models, so probably no new elf army this year after Lumineth.

As for the campaign with Slaanesh, which will definitely happen, I think it will come next in 2021, because the lore has been building up to the battle for Excelsis, and with Stormcast being one of the first battletomes of 2.0, it seems more plausible to have that campaign in Fall than anything elven-related. With that said, I would love a dual box set for the release of Lumineth vs. Malerion. Hear our prayers, GW!

short answer: no.

Games workshop laid the ground work with having 4 aelven gods all hanging around and doing important stuff, and I believe they need to get all of those story lines wrapped up. Aelves have been the most popular armies after all, and humans have gotten a lions share of models in warcry, stormcasts and chaos. It's also some of the best fiction in all of AoS right now (imho) and I am excited to seeing and collecting more aelven models as time goes on.

6 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Greetings coneheads.

If anyone's interested in Teclis' previous incarnations, I've just started a new blog series examining his every chronological appearance from 1992 to present. The first two parts is a little evident, but I'm currently working on posts covering his novel appearances and roles in the Storm of Chaos and End Times. Feedback as always appreciated. :) 

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2020/01/great-canon-teclis-part-1-origins-1992.html

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2020/01/great-canon-teclis-part-2-aenarion-1992.html

Very nice, well done. Peak nostalgia for me. Looking forward to the rest.

About the Sword of Teclis - it doesn't look like it has any connection to Azyr/Lightning on the art, but of course that doesn't have to mean anything. 

My guess is that Teclis will have spells and abilities connected to the 4 geomantic Hysh elements they named in the article: mountain, wind, river, and zenith. Zenith could have to do something with Azyr/Lightning, but then it would be a bit strange if the Hysh Lumineth have no own, distinctive Light Magic (separate from the realm one), so I guess Zenith will be that, but who knows. 

This time of speculation is always the most fun part for a new army. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Heh, I'm trying to finish at least 1k of my Idoneth before the Lumineth come out.  But every time I pick up a Namarti, I look at it and lament that it's not a Vanari....

I'm in the same boat close to finishing 2k points for my Idoneth but just don't feel like painting them. 

I have compromised and am using the elf union blood bowl team to help me flesh out my colour scheme for the LRL

• Like 1

@Lyzel I picked up the Idoneth around July or so, thinking, "Well, this is pretty much the Elven army for AOS."  Cue a couple months later and we start getting Pointy Aelves rumors, and now I have this army that will be playing second fiddle to my Lumineth.  The upside is I am just getting back into the hobby, so they gave me a chance to remember how to paint as well as try some new techniques.