Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

6 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

I know mate we're all having our patience tested........just imagine what this community thread is going to be like when we do get our hands on them ( you have 325 unread messages from the grand alliance community) hehΒ heh

Mate I cannot wait!! I'm just as excited to get my hands on the Battletome!! A whole book dedicated to Gargants, I cant wait to read stories and most importantly their lore. What are their motivations? What is daily life to a Gargant? How do they live?Β 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I cannot wait!! I'm just as excited to get my hands on the Battletome!! A whole book dedicated to Gargants, I cant wait to read stories and most importantly their lore. What are their motivations? What is daily life to a Gargant? How do they live?Β 

Gonna be a good read that's for sure. Wonder if their deity is gorkamorka like the rest of destruction, and if so how they'll perceive him?......maybe behemat became a god and king brodd is his living vessel to the mortal realms?.....gordrakk is supposed to be the living embodimentΒ  of gorkamorka after all so anything is possible.

1 hour ago, Gutlord said:

Gonna be a good read that's for sure. Wonder if their deity is gorkamorka like the rest of destruction, and if so how they'll perceive him?......maybe behemat became a god and king brodd is his living vessel to the mortal realms?.....gordrakk is supposed to be the living embodimentΒ  of gorkamorka after all so anything is possible.

They have always said that King Brodd was unusually large even for a Gargant so he may yet just be the living body of him. I would like for Behemat to remain their deity but also Gorkamorka as a lesser deity or certain tribes prefer him.

Β 

Im hoping for the early side of October also now ^^'Β 

I've been waiting for more Aleguzzlers to come back in stock....anywhere at all so I can do the next projects alas, I feel like theyre holding them back for the release now so they have a pile of them.Β 

Edited by Moogypies

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

Im hoping for the early side of October also now ^^'Β 

I've been waiting for more Aleguzzlers to come back in stock....anywhere at all so I can do the next projects alas, I feel like theyre holding them back for the release now so they have a pile of them.Β 

Definitely holding them back and more than likely repackaging as well. I currently have 3 on order.

Hm... while Behemat himself was killed during the RGW, he wasΒ a godbeast and a particularly significant one at that. I could see a conventional death heaving trouble sticking, especially if his primal magics were tickled by the Necroquake.

Also let us lore junkies snicker at those poor unknowing ones who will inevitably make suggestions like 'could there be a godbeast model coming in the future!?' They have no concept of Behemat!

Edited by NinthMusketeer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Hm... while Behemat himself was killed during the RGW, he wasΒ a godbeast and a particularly significant one at that. I could see a conventional death heaving trouble sticking, especially if his primal magics were tickled by the Necroquake.

Also let us lore junkies snicker at those poor unknowing ones who will inevitably make suggestions like 'could there be a godbeast model coming in the future!?' They have no concept of Behemat!

The sheer size of him alone has to make him one of if not the largest of the Godbeasts. Hes basically a living continent!! Or was...

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Definitely holding them back and more than likely repackaging as well. I currently have 3 on order.

Yeah they probably have them but also have sons of behemat logos all over them. There were also rumours of a new sprue in there. I think that's unlikely but who knows.

Β 

Wondering if they will do a 3 box of aleguzzlers or just leave them single.

Edited by Riavan

8 hours ago, Riavan said:

Yeah they probably have them but also have sons of behemat logos all over them. There were also rumours of a new sprue in there. I think that's unlikely but who knows.

Β 

Wondering if they will do a 3 box of aleguzzlers or just leave them single.

They did have a box of 2 at one point so perhaps that will return? I'd love a new sprue but I doubt itll happen honestly.

2 hours ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

Well I'm hoping it's all in september along with the lumineth as october is the release of the new 40k necron and space marine books and models.

Damn dude I hope so as well, if not at least in the first half of October because I really hope they dont drop after in November because...well that's just too long away haha

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

They did have a box of 2 at one point so perhaps that will return? I'd love a new sprue but I doubt itll happen honestly.Β 

We gotta remember that it's all about what's financially beneficial to GW at the end of the day....as boring as that sounds it is a buisness and they'll want to make as much profit as possible.....so I agree that we wont see a new sprue (it'd cost thousands to design, manufacture and box up), and GW know that we'll need aleguzzler/mancrushers as our battle line so we're gonna be buying them anyway......I think they'll encourage us to kit bash them using all the spare parts from the mega gargant kits (and I believe theres going to be loads of ways to build a mega gargant, parts we haven't even seen on the preview pics yet) I remember when the ghorgon/cygor kit came out and there where different weapons and a head for the cygor that I hadn't seen in the previews.

Also I believe we're going to get more than just a single new kit.....in GHB 2020 we got our points values for everything including the lumineth realmlords and I'm sure they're due more models not listed in that booklet. As they say in a PC stragergy game I used to play......time will tell, sooner or later, time will tell (hell march song plays)

Something to keep in mind about a potential mancrusher reboxΒ is that back near the start of the year jan/feb? The aleguzzler got a new box, which I noticed didn't mention any factions at all on it, it also was brought back into GW stores after not being stocked in stores for a while. It also got a price increase fairly recently.

2 hours ago, Gutlord said:

We gotta remember that it's all about what's financially beneficial to GW at the end of the day....as boring as that sounds it is a buisness and they'll want to make as much profit as possible.....so I agree that we wont see a new sprue (it'd cost thousands to design, manufacture and box up), and GW know that we'll need aleguzzler/mancrushers as our battle line so we're gonna be buying them anyway......I think they'll encourage us to kit bash them using all the spare parts from the mega gargant kits (and I believe theres going to be loads of ways to build a mega gargant, parts we haven't even seen on the preview pics yet) I remember when the ghorgon/cygor kit came out and there where different weapons and a head for the cygor that I hadn't seen in the previews.

Also I believe we're going to get more than just a single new kit.....in GHB 2020 we got our points values for everything including the lumineth realmlords and I'm sure they're due more models not listed in that booklet. As they say in a PC stragergy game I used to play......time will tell, sooner or later, time will tell (hell march song plays)

I cannot wait to take a look at the Mega Gargant kit, all the extras and bits like you've already said that we havent seen yet, especially the parts for the bases. I'd love a new sign or a crushed wagon or cart and dead horses.

On the topic of extra kits though I dont think we will get another untill our 3.0 Battletome when they will introduce a King Brodd/Leader kit. I'd love to be wrong though.

Edited by KingBrodd

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!! EARLY OCTOBER RELEASE IS PERFECT!!Β 

I hope they release this in Paperback!!

They can keep bringing more random Sons stuff out and ill just add it to the buy on release heap.
Gargant sized dice, Gargant size dice bags, comedy gargant 3x size tape measures.

But I definitely feel this is a sign of rough time estimate (Or they may come out the week before!)Β would be very weird to have a audiobook for a race that...isn't buyable πŸ˜›

• Like 1

But I definitely feel this is a sign of rough time estimate (Or they may come out the week before!)Β would be very weird to have a audiobook for a race that...isn't buyable πŸ˜›

Hope you're right mate, it's my birthday on the 4th october....... that would be perfect timing πŸ₯³πŸ»

They can keep bringing more random Sons stuff out and ill just add it to the buy on release heap.
Gargant sized dice, Gargant size dice bags, comedy gargant 3x size tape measures.

Β 

27 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Hope you're right mate, it's my birthday on the 4th october....... that would be perfect timing πŸ₯³πŸ»

I'm guessing Pre Order October 10th for release on the 17th!!Β 

****** the premise alone of campfire stories about Mega Gargant encounters has me beyond excited. It sounds like World War Z but with Gargants!!

39 minutes ago, Souleater said:

We won't be able to pre-order until 10th October.Β 

October still seems a long way off but Β it's a pretty solid indication of the release date.Β 

I'm guessing the rest of the range will drop around the same time, so October 17th. My basket will be quite heavy with the 3 Aleguzzlers I have on order, the further Mega Gargant to be added, the Battletome and now the Audio Drama.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm guessing the rest of the range will drop around the same time, so October 17th. My basket will be quite heavy with the 3 Aleguzzlers I have on order, the further Mega Gargant to be added, the Battletome and now the Audio Drama.

I hear you. My wallet is going to be out $500 USD at least. (I currently own only 3 Gargants from my times in the old world)

Big Bois come with a Big Boi price.

• Like 1

Just had a crazy idea that wont happen but would be well cool.....artillery for SOB, two mancrusher gargants on a massive base, one with a sling shot of some kind (or just a rock held over his head like an Albion giant) and the other carrying some debris or loading the sling. A nice pile of rocks,Β maybe a dead rhinox and other ammunition that shoots 12" (18" if king brodd is nearby and inspires/threatens the mancrushers to throw further)......but like I said probably wont happen. Good idea to get some other mancrusher models out their though wink wink nudge nudge GW πŸ˜„

• Like 1