Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

6 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Great report! The big blob did good then. Especially against a tough unit like black orcs 

It even survived several 5“ catapult shots of the Arachnarok! The black Orks never got to hit back since he didn’t do well on armour saves.

Edited by JackStreicher

Assembled another Old World army from the pile of opportunity! Vampire counts this time. 

Vampire Count on Abysmal

Terror Flying ghoul king.                 

Vamp on foot                                   

Wight King

Black Coach

Fell bat's, dire wolves, ghouls, black knights, skeletons, spirit hosts and blood knights. 

Almost finished painting my flesh eaters so think I'll paint these next. 

IMG_20240316_162532.jpg

IMG_20240316_163507.jpg

IMG_20240316_162404.jpg

IMG_20240316_163719.jpg

IMG_20240316_162444.jpg

IMG_20240316_162647.jpg

IMG_20240316_162554.jpg

IMG_20240316_163128.jpg

IMG_20240316_162723.jpg

IMG_20240316_163241.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

That looks so great. Lol, if you see how great a fit those Soulblight mini's are for Vampire Counts, it's absurd that they moved that faction to legacy. Although as long all the core armies haven't received their Arcane Journal and solong there are no campaign books yet. There is no difference between core and legacy.

It's going to be an amazing army!

• Like 4

Thanks! Apart from snipping off a small piece off the boats base every went onto square bases and ranked up without any issues. 

I'm looking forward to painting them, should be fairly straight forward and easy. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

What are you using the boat as @Ogregut?

A black coach. The new coach is way to big for a chariot base and the old coach doesn't fit in with the new soulblight models. 

When I was making the spirit hosts I was inspired to look at the rest of the nighthaunt range and had a light bulb moment lol. 

• Like 4

Here's me hoping vehemently that the 2nd wave of OW stuff is announced today, going to Warhammer World on the first week of April and really want to pick up a Casket whilst I'm there! 🤞

Don't suppose anyone's heard anything about the rest of the TK and Bret stuff coming?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Here's me hoping vehemently that the 2nd wave of OW stuff is announced today, going to Warhammer World on the first week of April and really want to pick up a Casket whilst I'm there! 🤞

Don't suppose anyone's heard anything about the rest of the TK and Bret stuff coming?

No, honestly I already expected that we already could pre-order O&G. The release schedule is imo a bit to slow.

• Like 2

We had the 2nd wave a couple of weeks ago so waiting on 3rd and presumably last wave of brets and tomb kings. 

I suspect it will land in April along with wave 1 of orcs and goblins. 

I'm hoping we get a road map at adaptacon. 

51 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

No, honestly I already expected that we already could pre-order O&G. The release schedule is imo a bit to slow.

Well, it is a Forge game. If you compare it with other systems (HH appart, it is a bit of a special case) they are going quite fast. We cannot expect them to be as fast as AoS.

There is a rough pattern to GW releases. 

40k and AoS get 1-3 releases a month 

HH seems to get 1 release a month 

Kill Team, warcry and underworlds are on a quarterly release cycle

I suspect necromunda is as well apart from the odd resin characters. 

Middle earth and blood bowl seem to be ad hoc. 

I can see TOW being the same as HH with monthly releaees, going something like this:

1st release wave of an army

Next month 2nd wave 

Following month 3rd wave and 1st wave of the next army to be released. 

Edited by Ogregut

8 hours ago, Ogregut said:

We had the 2nd wave a couple of weeks ago so waiting on 3rd and presumably last wave of brets and tomb kings. 

I suspect it will land in April along with wave 1 of orcs and goblins. 

I'm hoping we get a road map at adaptacon. 

😂😂😂 That prediction of April for orcs and goblins aged well!! 

So happy to see so many wonderful greenskin models coming back and also the return of paper banners! I hope they release a pack of them like they used to do. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Anyone here thinks it is kinda odd they release the O&Gs next week and we still have Bret and TK stuff that has been announced, but not released yet? Any thoughts on why this is so and when can we expect those models (if ever)?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

So happy to see so many wonderful greenskin models coming back and also the return of paper banners! I hope they release a pack of them like they used to do. 

You may do more of these wonderful predictions 😄

28 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I wonder when we'll be seeing the rest of the TK/Brets?

I'm definitely looking forward to picking up all the Goblin heroes (both Night and Common), and the Nasty Skulkers, though I'm prepared for nearly everything to sell out once it's gone up, because of how popular O&G are. Still waiting on the metal TK characters to come back in stock!

It's also wild that we still have more O&G to come. I'm curious how GW are going to handle the factions once everything is released, given how extensive and complete the majority will be. I hope we start to see updated kits (either for old plastics, or metal into plastic), within the next five years, not just resin minis.

• Like 1

Think it’s a much better plan for them to release the first wave for a third army for old world rather than third wave for the 2 launch armies. I’m sure those will come in the next month or so but at the moment getting a greater variety of factions some level of support is more important. 

I doubt many of the tomb kings and Bret’s buyers have finished all their models yet 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

You may do more of these wonderful predictions 😄

😂😂😂 I'll do my best!! 

Want to get my hands on some big uns (some of my fave orc models) plus those glorious ogres and the troll hag. 

I swear I should just set up a direct debt straight to GW every month!! 

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

😂😂😂 I'll do my best!! 

Want to get my hands on some big uns (some of my fave orc models) plus those glorious ogres and the troll hag. 

I swear I should just set up a direct debt straight to GW every month!! 

Predictions for Adepticon? 😅

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Predictions for Adepticon? 😅

I shall consult the tea leaves!! 

A fairly safe bet would be to show off the dwarfs. 

It must be to early for a campaign book surely. I predict they won't release that until later in the year! 

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I shall consult the tea leaves!! 

A fairly safe bet would be to show off the dwarfs. 

It must be to early for a campaign book surely. I predict they won't release that until later in the year! 

Do you think we would get a campaign book even before we get all the core armies?

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do you think we would get a campaign book even before we get all the core armies?

I don't know, it seems to me that the game is marketted to players with old armies so a campaign book before all armies are out isn't out of the question but who knows. 

This is why a roadmap would be great!