AoS 2 - Phoenicium Discussion

Thiagoma

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Who else is excited about our frosty and flame bois?

Oh, me, me! The battalion looks neat enough, although I do wonder what sort of traits, artifacts and prayers we're going to get.   

What we know so far

The wizards also get the empowered  Ghryan spells, only emerald lifeswarm so far. 

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Neat, that's even better. 

I can't imagine they'll tinker with the Phoenixes. 

I can. Gw have been ajusting points for it for 3 years in a row,  so maybe they will change the warscrolls to make the riderless Phoenix buffed somehow.

IMO the option without a rider is worthless:

- It loses Witness to Destiny, one of the freatures that makes the Phoenix famous for being tough, leaving it with a whooping 5+ save.

- It also loses its attacks that are not reduced by damage (Halberd 4 atks 3+/3+ dmg 1 rend 1)

It is such a loss for that nerfs both damage output AND resilience that the 80 pts discount do not offset.  On top of that you still had to pay the point cost for a Battalion that had 50% chance of dealing d3 MW, and required both Phoenix to be riderless.

It was so bad i wouldnt play with it even at 0pts cost.

12 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Wonder if Shadow Warriors are gona get Phoenix Temple Alligeance.

I have the feeling that shadow warriors have more in common with the Shadowblades than the Phoenix Temple (I know the Shadow Warriors have scale armour while the dark riders have chainmail  but it is still a more similar theme).

57 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

I have the feeling that shadow warriors have more in common with the Shadowblades than the Phoenix Temple (I know the Shadow Warriors have scale armour while the dark riders have chainmail  but it is still a more similar theme).

Indeed it fits the units lore. There was a rumor about it joining PG some time ago.

I asked on FB but got the "wait and see" answer.

Edited by Thiagoma

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Indeed it fits the units lore. There was a rumor about it joining PG some time ago.

I asked on FB but got the "wait and see" answer.

Actually, I'm hoping it gets rolled in with wanderers. We DO share a kit, after all. But I can see them joining Shadowblades and/or Pheonix Temple, but luckily it looks like everyone can use Shadow Warriors.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AthelLoren said:

Actually, I'm hoping it gets rolled in with wanderers. We DO share a kit, after all. But I can see them joining Shadowblades and/or Pheonix Temple, but luckily it looks like everyone can use Shadow Warriors.

If i understood correctly everyone can use every unit, the only conditionals are gona be the Battleline options, battalions and city traits. 

• Like 1

Phoenix Temple Changes!

Anointed:

- Can try to dispell 1 Endless Spell on your Hero Phase and one on the Enemy Hero Phase.

- Command Ability now have Range 12" instead of 8"

Phoenix Guard:

- Rend -1 (yay)

- Banners now only give 1 bravery. No more 2 bravery if close to another PG unit with another banner.

- Drummers now gives +1 charge instead of re-roll 1s on run and charge.

- Emboldened up from 8' to 12' but now requires to be Wholly Within a PG hero

- Aura of Dread is gone.

The Birds!

- Attuned to magic Nerfed: Now requires that the spell is not unbound and also can only give you +1 save.

- Flame and Frosty now have save 4 instead of 5.

- Flamespyre Wake of Fire now deal Fixed damage (5 and goes down to 1).  Wake of Fire now requires a roll of 2+

- Flamespyre Phoenix Reborn now do not have to be set up at 9" from the enemy.

- Both Phoenix with Anointed also have their CA range increased to 12"

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I have the intent to make a Phoenix Temple, however, I feel the Phoenicium is quite underwhelming compared to the rest of the sister cities. 

Same here. Phoenix Temple veteran here, but i will take my birds to another city. Having trouble to find out a good way to field then in Phoenicium

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thiagoma said:

Originally yes, but it was changed to only allow birds without an Anointed.

That is the reason why no one used this battalion.

Exscuse me, I thought u were speaking of the new phoenicium battalion. 

The old battalion cannot be taken, unless u take it with the ally point. 

On 10/4/2019 at 2:01 AM, Thiagoma said:

Same here. Phoenix Temple veteran here, but i will take my birds to another city. Having trouble to find out a good way to field then in Phoenicium

Phoenecium has the potential to be the best of the cities. It leans hard on the phoenix battalion, but phoenixes are an extremely solid unit. 

You have a pile in and attack on death CA too. If you have ever played skaven, you will know just how good that is. Big unit of phoenix guard, 3 to 4 phoenixes, and a couple of chaff, and your army is a solid ball of tanking. It's pretty close to the old phoenix order soup army. I am just wondering whether a wizard on griffin is worth dropping a fire phoenix for or not.

Well with phoenicium u can have 3 anointed on phoenix charging straight, the middle one will be the general casting every round gold mist, healing d3+1 to each phoenix (+1 for battalion) and giving all of them +1 save, with 2 4+4+ save Tnk to aqshy amulet.