Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Still-young

AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mr Spadge said:

Just curious.... I'm taking this list to throne of skulls next year and wondered what issues and positives people think I'll run into with it... aiming to some decent variety:

(Petrifex)

Liege kavalos - general, petrifex relic

Soulmason- spell tbc

Soulreaper - spell tbc 

Boneshaper - spell tbc

20 mortek  guard - swords

10 mortek guard - swords

5 kavalos deathriders - spears

4 morghast harbingers - halberds

Gothizzar harvester 

Catapault

 

Soulstealer carrion  spell

 

2000pts spot on

Morghasts are just worse stalkers. For 10 more points you get less dmg and squishier models who are slower. Stalkers get better at charges and not dying when you need either or, unlike morghasts who have to be set at one or the other. 

 

Make them stalkers, use those points 20 points elsewhere. Also you probably do not need the reaper, hes kinda lame tbh and doesnt do enough compared to the guy that heals or the Mason. 

I'd drop the horses and put in more guard. Guard are just better and cheaper. I'm on the fence about the harvester. I honestly think stalkers or catapults are too good compared to it. 

 

Also the tithe shrieker is probably the only endless spell worth taking. The carrion suffers from being used to let the wizard see things out of LOS, so you want to use it to snipe with spells, while also making it harder to cast spells. Alone it doesnt do enough dmg to be worth the debuff. 

Edited by Jaxler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played Ossiarch Boneripers with my Faithfully Ironjawz. 🙂

How  'Mortal Contract' spell works? 

Because I charged with a MawKrusha, debuffed with Mortal Contract. 

I made 24 damages to the unit. 

My enemy rolled 24 dices at the end of combat phase doing 18xD3 mortal wounds... Is it correct? It seems to me a little bit broken, but maybe he was right....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DestructionFranz said:

Just played Ossiarch Boneripers with my Faithfully Ironjawz. 🙂

How  'Mortal Contract' spell works? 

Because I charged with a MawKrusha, debuffed with Mortal Contract. 

I made 24 damages to the unit. 

My enemy rolled 24 dices at the end of combat phase doing 18xD3 mortal wounds... Is it correct? It seems to me a little bit broken, but maybe he was right....

Hmmm. It was my understanding that the debuff just deals the d3 if your unit did any damage to the OBR during that turn. I don't think it does a series of d3 based on the number of wounds your unit inflicted.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arcian said:

Hmmm. It was my understanding that the debuff just deals the d3 if your unit did any damage to the OBR during that turn. I don't think it does a series of d3 based on the number of wounds your unit inflicted.

I hope so, although it would be a little bit broken. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

I hope so, although it would be a little bit broken. 😁

It should be played like this: Did the model do any damage in that phase? if yes, it takes d3 wounds at the end of the phase, no matter if it was 1 or 10 damage etc. So for a charging MK it would probably be d3 after the destructive bulk at the end of the charge phase (unless it rolled poorly and no damage was dealth), and then probably also again at the end of the combat phase if it dealth any damage there. If it did any damage with the shooting it would also take damage at the end of the shooting phase, but if it was me I would probably not attempt to shoot at all in that scenario.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

It should be played like this: Did the model do any damage in that phase? if yes, it takes d3 wounds at the end of the phase, no matter if it was 1 or 10 damage etc. So for a charging MK it would probably be d3 after the destructive bulk at the end of the charge phase (unless it rolled poorly and no damage was dealth), and then probably also again at the end of the combat phase if it dealth any damage there. If it did any damage with the shooting it would also take damage at the end of the shooting phase, but if it was me I would probably not attempt to shoot at all in that scenario.

Ok, like this sounds better. 

It's still a very strong spell, but acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

It should be played like this: Did the model do any damage in that phase? if yes, it takes d3 wounds at the end of the phase, no matter if it was 1 or 10 damage etc. So for a charging MK it would probably be d3 after the destructive bulk at the end of the charge phase (unless it rolled poorly and no damage was dealth), and then probably also again at the end of the combat phase if it dealth any damage there. If it did any damage with the shooting it would also take damage at the end of the shooting phase, but if it was me I would probably not attempt to shoot at all in that scenario.

Just one question. Please. 

How many arcane bolts can cast Nagash in a turn? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

Just one question. Please. 

How many arcane bolts can cast Nagash in a turn? 

I believe Nagash can cast Arcane Bolt six times, if he used all his spells on just arcane bolt for that turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arcian said:

I believe Nagash can cast Arcane Bolt six times, if he used all his spells on just arcane bolt for that turn

He can cast 8 spells per turn. So 8 Arcane Bolts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

He can cast 8 spells per turn. So 8 Arcane Bolts? 

Oops! Sorry, I apparently need more coffee and can't count. Yeah his Alakanash, The Staff of Power reads "this model can attempt to cast arcane bolt and mystic shield any number of times in the same hero phase, even if another wizard has already attempted to cast the spell in that phase."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Mortal Contract I think a charging Maw-Krusha doesn't get any damage, Mortal Cotract says attack that inflicted damage, so the Maw-Krusha shouldn't be receiving the D3 in the charge phase, only in the Combat Phase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Does Godbone Armor block mortals or just regular wounds?

It says it blocks the first wound of every phase. So I would say yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Klat said:

With Mortal Contract I think a charging Maw-Krusha doesn't get any damage, Mortal Cotract says attack that inflicted damage, so the Maw-Krusha shouldn't be receiving the D3 in the charge phase, only in the Combat Phase

I think in combat and in shooting phase as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gwendar played a game today. 2k knife to the heart. Opponent was FEC... Not sure on list but he had two terrorgheists and a bunch of ghouls. 

I went in with this list while I wait for my katakros/box of guard to arrive.

Arkhan

Liege kavalos (general: mighty arc)

Soul Mason (godbone armor and reinforce battle shields)

2x20 mortek guard

5 deathriders 

1x6 stalkers 

Mortek crawler 

 

The stalkers tore the two terrorgheists apart! At one point I came at his gheists with 3+/3+ rerolling 1s from the Mason plus -3 rend and 2 damage. He went all in with the gheists and basically scooped after then fell at the end of turn 2. He manages to kill a squad of guard and arkhan but didn't have anything to stop the advance of reapers than was coming down on him after. 

 

I'm very sold on the stalkers 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like your list. I won't say itll crumble against a heavy shooting list, but do you feel it could withstand an initial volley from say CoS or a big underguts volley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Arcian said:

I'm very sold on the stalkers 

Nice! Yeah, I've been a fan. Looked at a few recent tournament lists and all are running 2 Crawlers.. but yeah, not keen on buying a second right now.

Have a game tomorrow with Sylvaneth again (everyone else has been too busy recently so I haven't had a huge variant in opponents. Looking to either play Nagash or my Kata\Arkhan list.

 

25 minutes ago, Bryan I Guess said:

do you feel it could withstand an initial volley from say CoS or a big underguts volley?

I mean, I think we have a better chance than most armies thanks to PE... but with Shieldwall not working in shooting phase it does take it down a good notch. 20 Irondrakes fully buffed will easily remove 20 Mortek a turn, or maybe a couple left.. All other CoS shooting buffed would largely be able to do the same. Underguts though? Nah.. I don't see that. I've played against Underguts and the shooting was worse compared to the melee of the Leadbelchers 😅

Edited by Gwendar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had a game yesterday, my first win with OBR. Loss, draw, win. I'm only three games in because I'm in the process of painting them.

Last game, my opponent's Mawcrusher moved twice and went into my backline. Shot Arkhan (who didn't move and just hid due to fearing threat range) for a single wound and Protection kicked in, saving him.

Stalkers bumped speed, ghosted through a building and charged the Mawcrusher. I got 4 in. 5 attacks at 3+/2+ -4 rend 3 damage, rerolling 1s to hit is just insane. The Mawcrusher got no save and was one-rounded. They hit like trucks.

And Morteks sitting in a forest near an objective? So hard to remove.

... 

I'm trying to dig points to take some other Endless Spells to improve Arkhan's damage output- but there are just no points. =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

Also my opponent tells me you can't return Stalkers to play because it's Wounds Characteristic. =(

What is/was your list if you dont mind me asking? 

Also the only way we can return a stalker is if something with 10+ wounds dies within 3"of a Gothizzar Harvester, we roll a 4+, then roll another 4+, then there needs to be a unit of stalkers within 6" of the Harvester with no wounds allocated to any of the models in that unit. . . . Good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Bryan I Guess said:

I really like your list. I won't say itll crumble against a heavy shooting list, but do you feel it could withstand an initial volley from say CoS or a big underguts volley?

I'm not actually sure on the CoS front. I only have one player in the area who runs them, and he runs a big unit of handgunners which didn't feel like they did that much damage to my units. And the only ogor guy seems to run mainly cav ogors. 

I'm not quite ready to face people in a tournament, so my only experience is with my local players unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bryan I Guess said:

What is/was your list if you dont mind me asking? 

Also the only way we can return a stalker is if something with 10+ wounds dies within 3"of a Gothizzar Harvester, we roll a 4+, then roll another 4+, then there needs to be a unit of stalkers within 6" of the Harvester with no wounds allocated to any of the models in that unit. . . . Good luck with that.

Sure. I'm taking this list to a tournament in Jan.

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Petrifex Elite

Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)

Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- General
- Trait: Mighty Archaeossian
- Artefact: Godbone Armour
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons

Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Gothizzar Cartouche
- Lore of Mortisans: Drain Vitality

20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
6 x Necropolis Stalkers (400)

Mortek Shield-corps (120)

Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)
Nightmare Predator (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105

...

TBH I feel like it's about as tuned as I can get. The points are so tight.

The next event has a bunch of scenarios where I need to split my forces, so I can group into 20+10 Morteks with Mason and Shaper, 20+10 Morteks with Arkhan, Stalkers go where they need to. I needed some smaller units to sit on objectives, so the 20s can go out and do work. The smaller units are also for protecting my backline if I need it, so much ****** turns up on the board edge.

I originally wasn't running Arkhan, but with no shooting and only buff magic- my opponent was kind of in control. Arkhan can reliably cast and dispel, mobile enough to run off and grab objectives in a pinch.. yeah. 

Shield Corps is actually really good. You get 1 RDP for having it and a use of Shieldwall every turn. So it's basically 120pts for 3 command points and an artifact.

Shrieker is a amzing. Predator is so-so. I'd actually like to squeeze in more threatening magic, but eh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Obeisance said:

So I had a game yesterday, my first win with OBR. Loss, draw, win. I'm only three games in because I'm in the process of painting them.

Last game, my opponent's Mawcrusher moved twice and went into my backline. Shot Arkhan (who didn't move and just hid due to fearing threat range) for a single wound and Protection kicked in, saving him.

Stalkers bumped speed, ghosted through a building and charged the Mawcrusher. I got 4 in. 5 attacks at 3+/2+ -4 rend 3 damage, rerolling 1s to hit is just insane. The Mawcrusher got no save and was one-rounded. They hit like trucks.

And Morteks sitting in a forest near an objective? So hard to remove.

... 

I'm trying to dig points to take some other Endless Spells to improve Arkhan's damage output- but there are just no points. =(

Can I ask how you got them to -4 rend? I know Precision Aspect and Bludgeon is -3.  I too have to deal with a Maw Krusha and his 3 up save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SleeperAgent said:

Can I ask how you got them to -4 rend? I know Precision Aspect and Bludgeon is -3.  I too have to deal with a Maw Krusha and his 3 up save.

You can use the petrifex elite command ability to give +1 rend as well

Edit: oh right the CA is called Bludgeon

I think he means the falchions get to - 4 rend (2 base, + Prec, +bludgeon) 

Edited by NoMaDhOoK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoMaDhOoK said:

You can use the petrifex elite command ability to give +1 rend as well 

The Petrifex Elite CA is Bludgeon.  Unless he was talking about the Dread Falchions Im fairly certain spirit blades max out at rend 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...