AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

So ossiarch lost immune to battle shock but also can't give inspiring presence, so we have no way of preventing an entire unit of battleline from fleeing I'd they are hit hard, right? What the heck....

6 minutes ago, r0olz said:

So ossiarch lost immune to battle shock but also can't give inspiring presence, so we have no way of preventing an entire unit of battleline from fleeing I'd they are hit hard, right? What the heck....

"If"

23 minutes ago, r0olz said:

What?no, where you see that?

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It says to replace the paragraphs following the one about battleshock immunity. That paragraph did not get replaced.

Ahhh, wow. Since they specified "start ing with" I thought it meant that is the one being replaced. Thank you for clarifying.

So I played in a tournament (18 players, everyone had a god monster/cabbages) and an OBR player came forth. It was a pretty hard field.

I spent ages chatting to him. I'm inspired to give OBR another chance while I paint Soulblight.

His list was one drop: Petrifex, Nagash, 3*5 Kavalos, Leige, 10 Morteks, Burning Head, Shrieker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey all, I’m wondering about whether or not to mount the Dread Falchions on my Necropolis stalkers. That 4+ to hit seems like a problem. The big rend and damage is nice but I feel like the guy is often going to whiff entirely. Same problem with Morghasts. 

On Stalkers, I'd probably just stick with spirit blades. On Harbingers.. I'm not sure. I'm inclined to say halbards because the extra rend is really important in this edition.

People who've played Nagash in OBR, how are you finding Shrieker? Would you prefer Spell Mirror?

I'll be trying this list out this week.

Screenshot_20210725-191916_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Alright Lads, Battle Report Time at a local Tournament. 3 rounds, went 3-0 for first place

List as an image.

Round 1 - Fyreslayers Hermdar - 2 units of 10 Hearthguard with Broadaxes, 1 unit of 10 Auric Hearthguard, 2 Magmadroths - Runefather and Runeson, 2 Runesmiters, 1 unit of 5 hearthguard berzerkers and the molten infernoth.

Battleplan - First Blood

He takes first turn and moves up to all three objectives. Ferocious advance. I decide to go only for the top two objectives.

I cast Mystic Shield on my Mortek Guard Blocks with Soulmason and Arkhan. Arkhan deploys the Bone Tithe Shrieker, I cast Empower Nadiritie weapons with the Soulmason, and Protection of Nagash on Arkhan. Soul Guide goes off at the end of hero phase on my center block. I pick Ferocious advance and move to the center and top, taking both objectives.

5 -5 pts end of battle round 1.

He gets the double turn, but doesnt control the vantage point. He doesnt get his wound prayer off but gets searing heat off on my mortek guard (countered by the bone tithe shrieker). Doesnt dispel the Shrieker. Charges me center and top with hearthguard and two magmadroths in the center. His 10 auric shooters take out my center gothizzar harvester, but 3+ Mortek Guard with shield wall hold the center with 9 models remaining after all is done. I wipe the hearthguard on top with endless duty from the Liege Kavalos on the 20 mortek guard. He takes the objective and completes his battle tactic.

On my turn i get 2 mystic shields off again, but also an emerald lifeswarm from the soulmason, healing my center mortek guard for 6. I pick destroy his battleline for my battle tactic. Get soul guide off twice in the hero phase, for my center and right mortek guard. Move up arkhan a little, get the -1 to hit on his battleline with the bone nexus. Right flank harvester moves to the center with the mortek guard. Mortek charge his auric hearthguard behind the berzerkers, lose 2 models to unleash hell, Harvester charges his warlord. Mortek guard kill the battleline Berzerkers, and I kill his warlord with endless duty and the harvester for 1 extra VP.

10 - 11

At this point , its mop up. He doesn't have the damage to get through constantly reviving mortek guards. so we finish up the remaining rounds with me grinding his remaining things down and trying to max on battle tactics. He did manage to almost completely kill my mortek guard up top since i didn't have harvester support and made some terrible save rolls. But the match ends 28 - 15 with me achieving my Grand Strategy.

Round 2 - Soulblight Gravelords - Vhordrai, Bloodseeker Palanquin (with a 6 inch -1 to wound aura), 4 groups of blood knights, skeletons for the rest.

Battleplan Power Struggle.

I deploy my 10 mortek left, 20 center, 20 right, with harvester support for the 20 blocks. Soulmason , Arkhan center, Liege in the middle of the center and right

He gives me first turn. I get a -1 to cast on his Palanquin. I extend the range of Arkhans spells by 6, cast mortal contract on his Vhordrai. Fail all my other spells or are unbound except for one mystic shield on the center mortek guard. I inch up to take the center.

On his turn he gets quickblood off. Doesnt get mystic shield. Moves up Vhordrai and the knights. Doesnt charge but shoots my mortek for 3 mortal wounds, i heal 2. He takes 3 wounds for mortal contract.

We both pick Ferocious advance, so 3 - 3

He gets the double, he fails quickblood, gets mystic shield off and charges my whole line, deepstrikes a blood knight on the right flank, but my whole line is now entangled with blood knights.Vhordrai in the center. I pop shield wall on the center mortek guard. He pops all out attack on vhordrai. Vhordrai also killed 3 mortek guard with shooting but takes 2 more wounds off of Mortal contract for it, so he is at 9 wounds in combat, he isnt worried cus he will heal once he kills my models.

Miraculously, dont lose any units. He kill 6 mortek on my left flank, about 5 on my right after gothizzar reanimations and i only lose 8 in the center thanks to shield wall, mystic shield and gothizzar reanimations. In my counterpunch, i delete 5 blood knights with the harvester on the right, kill 4 blood knights on the right using my mortek guard, kill 2 blood knights and 5 wounds off of vhordrai in the center ( he has a -1 to wound aura with his palanquin, so i had to use my triumph). My mortek guard on the left killed 2 blood knights.

On my turn , i reanimate a whole bunch, get the shrieker and emerald lifeswarm off. I pick the “destroy battleline” battle tactic. Get empower nadirite weapons off, get drain vitality off on Vhordari. Get two mystic shields (for mortek guard) and one soul guide going (for the center). Move arkhan left. Arkhan charges the left flank 5 blood knights , liege kavalos helps out the right and overall i am able to kill vhordrai in the center along with the blood knights, the 5 knights on the left and all but 3 knights on the right. At this point he only has the palanquin, 5 blood knights and 20 skellies left, he sees the writing on the wall and concedes.

Round 3 - Survival of the Fittest 

Celestial Vindicator Stormcast Eternals - 3 Annhilator Units, 1 unit of 10 Evocators, Knight Heraldor, Lord Imperatant, Lord Arcanum, 2x5 sequitors, 10 vindictors.

I decide to only go for the middle and top objectives. 20 mortek guard with harvester support on each. Soulmason on top, Arkhan and liege center. 10 mortek on my backlines to prevent deepstrikes. His predator units are his three backline heroes, my predators are Arkhan and 2 mortek guard.

Hooo boi annhilators are good. I move up first turn to the 2 objectives. I get two mystic shields off for my big mortek blocks, 2 soul guides off for them as well. Get the bonetithe shrieker and emerald lifeswarm pre emptively deployed. On his turn he hits me with 10 vindictors, and 6 annhilators, after all is said and done, i live with 7 mortek guard in the center thanks to mystic shield, shield wall and Gothizzar reanimations. I hit back and kill 2 annhilators and 3 vindictors. 

We both pic Ferocious Advance. 5 - 5

I win the double turn. I reanimate 6 mortek guard in the center, then get two mystic shields, empower nadirite weapons, 2 soul guides for both my mortek blocks and reinforce battleshields just on the top mortek guard. In my combat, i swing in with them and annhilate 5 sequitors, 7 vindictors, and all the annhilators thanks to bludgeon and endless duty. Harvester brings the cetner mortek guard to 14 after losses thanks to harvesting SCE units within 3 inches. Top mortek guard is at 17 models. 

On his turn he deepstrikes 10 evocators and charges the top mortek guard, with shield wall, i take 2 damage there and then he does 12 mortal wounds with his lightning zap. Thanks to reinforce battle shields, i take 8 of those then reanimate 4 mortek guard. I annhilate him to 5 models in the backswing, he loses 1 more in battleshock. 

Score 10 - 5 in my favor.

The rest of the game is just a grind down and i win 30 - 9

Some thoughts:
The list is very powerful in melee, but will fold to ranged projection like heavy shooting. Harvesters are amazing, but quite fragile at 10 wounds. Arkhan felt like an auto take, multiple mystic shield and decent spell utility and unbinding capability is amazing. Bone tithe shrieker is amazing, plop it in the center and give your whole army +1 to hit on a smaller board. 

For changes, i might drop the liege kavalos or emerald lifeswarm for more mortek guard or a kavalos deathrider for some speed. The extra rdp isnt important, you can max use like 4 a turn. Endless duty is nice to have tho. Emerald lifeswarm can be great but i didn find myself needing it a whole lot thanks to the harvesters.

Thanks for reading!

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 11.27.35 AM.png

Edited by jhamslam
adding record
  • Thanks 5

On 7/27/2021 at 12:31 AM, Obeisance said:

People who've played Nagash in OBR, how are you finding Shrieker? Would you prefer Spell Mirror?

I'm wondering the same thing. My first instinct was spell portal, since being able to delete unkillable hero monsters is incredibly valuable this edition, but the biggest offenders (Gotrek, Morathi, Archaon) are immune or very resilient to Hand of Dust, and the +1 to hit is very useful when we can't use All Out Attack. I see denying Rally and Inspiring Presence as minor, situational bonuses.

I have my first game with both Bonereapers and Nagash this weekend - vs Archaon no less - and I'm leaning Shrieker, but I'm not 100% on it.

Edited by chosen_of_khaine

1 hour ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I'm wondering the same thing. My first instinct was spell portal, since being able to delete unkillable hero monsters is incredibly valuable this edition, but the biggest offenders (Gotrek, Morathi, Archaon) are immune or very resilient to Hand of Dust, and the +1 to hit is very useful when we can't use All Out Attack. I see denying Rally and Inspiring Presence as minor, situational bonuses.

I have my first game with both Bonereapers and Nagash this weekend - vs Archaon no less - and I'm leaning Shrieker, but I'm not 100% on it.

I have my 2nd game with nagash tonight, then 3rd tomorrow which will be against a tzeentch Archaon, how’s you list looking for the battle? 

16 hours ago, Pookie said:

I have my 2nd game with nagash tonight, then 3rd tomorrow which will be against a tzeentch Archaon, how’s you list looking for the battle? 

I'm gonna be bringing:
Petrifex Elite - Prized Sorcery
Nagash
Liege-Kavalos - General (Mighty Archaeossian/Godbone Armor)
2x20 Mortek Guard
5 Kavalos Deathriders
Bone-Tithe Shrieker
...alll in the Battle Regiment for 1 drop.

We'll see how it goes!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I'm gonna be bringing:
Petrifex Elite - Prized Sorcery
Nagash
Liege-Kavalos - General (Mighty Archaeossian/Godbone Armor)
2x20 Mortek Guard
5 Kavalos Deathriders
Bone-Tithe Shrieker
...alll in the Battle Regiment for 1 drop.

We'll see how it goes!

My friend surprised me by dropping teclis on the table last night, he conceded turn 2 after I took out his blob of wardens and teclis 😀

I was running Null Myriad with;

Nagash 

liege (general with the legion stuff)

2 Archai

3 stalkers

5 death riders 

10 mortek

10 mortek

i dont think I’m getting the same result against Archaon tonight but it should be interesting all the same. 

• LOVE IT! 1

Ive found shrieker to be invaluable. It does soo much for us. Other armies are out here spamming All Out Attack and we just .....get it in a 12 inch aura. On a smaller board, plop it in the middle and youre basically hitting on 2s across the army. 

• Like 1