AoS Reminders - Tournament-ready reminders with 20+ Supported Factions, Endless Spells, Realmscapes, and more

This is fantastic, and it was extremely helpful in a game my wife and I played recently!  We did notice one possible issue.  The Akhelian King's command ability "Lord of the Tides" didn't seem to show up anywhere with the other command abilities.  

I'm super excited to try out the azyr import feature!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, willange said:

This is fantastic, and it was extremely helpful in a game my wife and I played recently!  We did notice one possible issue.  The Akhelian King's command ability "Lord of the Tides" didn't seem to show up anywhere with the other command abilities.  

I'm super excited to try out the azyr import feature!

Good catch! I will have that fixed by end of day

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, willange said:

Fixed

15 minutes ago, Maturin said:

You also got an issue with the Lord Celestant ability. He doesn't take D3 attacks when he charges, but he gets a flat 1 attack :)

Fixed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Weird enhancement request/bug report for you.  In Azyr, I use emojis in the front of my list names to facilitate finding which lists go with which faction (corn cob for Khorne, a mouse for Skaven, a goat for Beasts of Chaos, etc).  It just helps me find them faster in the app.  The problem is that AoS Reminders doesn't like it when I import a list with an emoji in the name and fails.  If I rename the pdf file so that there's no emoji, then it works.  Not sure if the problem is specific emojis, all emojis, just android emojis or what, but that's what I've observed.  The list name itself doesn't seem to matter, only the filename.

Would it be possible to change AoS reminders to still import lists that are "🐁 Moulder.pdf"?  Or should I just start using a different text-based convention for this purpose?

Also, I only observed this when going to the site via my Android Tablet.  If I try to import the list on PC, it works.  I don't have my tablet with me to check, but is that just a mobile device problem or did you patch already?

Thanks!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, willange said:

Weird enhancement request/bug report for you.  In Azyr, I use emojis in the front of my list names to facilitate finding which lists go with which faction (corn cob for Khorne, a mouse for Skaven, a goat for Beasts of Chaos, etc).  It just helps me find them faster in the app.  The problem is that AoS Reminders doesn't like it when I import a list with an emoji in the name and fails.  If I rename the pdf file so that there's no emoji, then it works.  Not sure if the problem is specific emojis, all emojis, just android emojis or what, but that's what I've observed.  The list name itself doesn't seem to matter, only the filename.

Would it be possible to change AoS reminders to still import lists that are "🐁 Moulder.pdf"?  Or should I just start using a different text-based convention for this purpose?

Also, I only observed this when going to the site via my Android Tablet.  If I try to import the list on PC, it works.  I don't have my tablet with me to check, but is that just a mobile device problem or did you patch already?

Thanks!

That is the funniest bug report I have ever seen. I am still chuckling as I write this. Yes, I will work on it. Haha.

I will be honest, this never crossed my mind before :D

EDIT: It might take a while for a fix. I tried an emoji filename on both Mac and PC and they worked fine. Trying to see if any contributors have an android to debug on.

Edited by daviseford
  • Thanks 1

I'll be sure to give it another shot on my tablet tonight.  I normally use the tablet, but now that I check, it's worked on my phone as well.  Bizarre.  They're both android devices, though the tablet is significantly older.  Perhaps this is something you don't need to worry about, and it just comes down to me having a weird, old device.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, willange said:

Yeah, still fails on my tablet, but works everywhere else.  I'll see if I can update my tablet's browser or something.

Could well be the browser in truth, I've found the browsers on quite a few older tablets (often Android based) tend to have some weird old quirks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tool! Some inputs about KO abilities:
-I can't see any skyport special ability like : Oportunistic Privateers (Barak-Mhornar), Amendment: Always take waht you are owed (Barak-Urbaz), etc...
-Aethersight Loupe was FAQ'd: Page 101 – Treasures of the Sky-ports, Aethersight Loupe Change the last sentence to: ‘If they can already attempt to unbind a spell, they can attempt to unbind one extra spell.’.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Thanks for the tool! Some inputs about KO abilities:
-I can't see any skyport special ability like : Oportunistic Privateers (Barak-Mhornar), Amendment: Always take waht you are owed (Barak-Urbaz), etc...
-Aethersight Loupe was FAQ'd: Page 101 – Treasures of the Sky-ports, Aethersight Loupe Change the last sentence to: ‘If they can already attempt to unbind a spell, they can attempt to unbind one extra spell.’.

Appreciate it, we will will fix these issues shortly!

1 hour ago, XReN said:

You guys are GODS, preping for a game has never been so easy

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, Banshee1978 said:

Is the tool collecting all the different stats of the army too? Would be a nice goodie to get them exported simultaenously using the same tool

No.

This is something I will never add to AoS Reminders (unless we get a blessing from GW). It gets too close to entirely replacing the need for a battletome, and I don't want GW to think I'm trying to do that. It's a great idea but not one that I will do :)

• Thanks 1

v2.5.0 released!

Added Favorite Faction feature

• Set your favorite faction on the Profile page. This faction will automatically be selected when you visit the site.
    • This feature is not useful for Beastclaw Raiders players 🤣
    • It is useful for everyone else
  • Added Google Analytics events to track errors and usage of this feature
  • This is a subscribers-only feature

UI

• Allegiance/battalion/unit side effect items are now automatically displayed in the selections
    • For example, if you selected Hermdar (Lodge) for Fyreslayers previously, you would not see Tyrant Slayer artifact selected (but it would be listed in the Reminders section)
    • This should cut down on confusion when adding allegiance abilities that grant certain artifacts/spells/etc
  • Added a banner for subscribers whose subscription has expired
    • Tells the user to resubscribe
  • Fixed a bug where the "Cancel Subscription" modal didn't close after canceling the subscription
  • Fixed a subtle bug where units with commas in their name and identical abilities would be displayed oddly in the Reminders
  • Added new demos to the Subscribe page
    • Also re-did the layout, hopefully it looks better now :)

Project Maintenance

• Updated react, typescript, and other libraries
  • Added support for recurring payments on the API side

Rules and Armies

• Fixed a bug where certain Azyr imports would fail with complex unit names
  • Updated Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz with information available online
    • The battletomes are pre-ordered and should be arriving shortly!
  • Added Da Great Waaagh
    • It's essentially a placeholder at this point, will be fleshed out ASAP
  • Added a fix for when Gotrek is imported and marked as an Ally from Warscroll Builder
  • Fixed a Sneaky Snuffler typo
  • Added more translations for Warscroll Builder imports
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

@daviseford Could you look into why “Turn One Start of Round” gets placed on the last page?

These reminders are amazing BTW.

They are placed last on purpose. The reasoning is:

You get up to five turns of utility out of the general phases. You only get one turn of utility out of the Turn One Start of Round entry. So turn-specific phases are kept towards the end. I used to have it the other way around and got a lot of comments asking me to change it, since it was just taking up space on the other four rounds etc.

One day we'll have re-orderable/draggable phases so you can pick and choose where things print :)

• LOVE IT! 1

Hey guys, new version just released!

Added Orruk Warclans and Cities of Sigmar

UI

• Re-arranged the Subscribe page
  • Fixed some minor spacing issues on the Profile page

API

• Updated both API's to use query rather than scan
    • Users may notice slightly faster retrieval times
    • I notice slightly lower DynamoDB bills :)

Project Maintenance

• Added generic <Link /> components
  • Added a generic <NotificationBanner /> component for the application
  • Added more detail to certain subscriber events in Google Analytics

Misc

• Condensed PDF output - less wasted whitespace
  • Condensed spell descriptions - removed "If successfully cast, ..."
  • Fixed a couple bugs when naming PDFs to be downloaded (@exonian)
  • Moved FEC delusions from Traits to Allegiances (@Zirhark)
  • Added Be'Lakor
  • Added Soul Grinder
  • Thanks 1

New version released! v.2.54 is mainly bug fixes and QoL improvements - plus you can now sign in with Github!

UI

• A user's current selections will be retained when logging in or subscribing.
    • Previously, when a user left the page, they would lose all their selections, which could be pretty annoying!
    • Credit to @wspencermiller for the idea
  • Hide "By Davis E. Ford" on small screens, taking up too much valuable real estate
  • Removed .txt import for Warscroll Builder
    • This feature was not used enough to justify the continual maintenance.

API

• Failed list imports are now shipped off to S3 for further debugging #572
    • This allows us to work with the original text and reconstruct any issues
  • Refactored the cancellation API

Project Maintenance

• Updated redux-starter-kit
  • Updated auth0-spa-js
  • Updated core-js
  • Added a ton of unit tests for PDF imports

Misc

Edited by daviseford
  • Like 1

v2.6.0 released! Go check it out :)

UI

• AoS Reminders is now available offline!
    • Once you've accessed the site normally, you will have a cached version of the website available on your device.
    • Should be great for tournaments with spotty WiFi or checking rules on the train :)
    • Subscribers are able to access their Saved Armies and Favorite Faction even if they don't have internet
  • Added an update banner to let the user know when there is new content available (close all tabs to install it)
  • Updated favicon (it's 99% the same)
  • Fixed a bug where a Favorite Faction would override a selected faction name in the header
  • Added a warning when a user tries to import an AoS Reminders PDF

Project Maintenance

Misc

Edited by daviseford
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...