The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

What could Death even have? Soulblight cannibalized Halloween Skeletons, Werecritters, and Vampirates are too similar a concept to not just end up under Gravelords. Maybe mummies? 

Mummies are in the banned category liek others have put it due to the fact that Tomb kings are in TOW 

But there still

• Frankenstein monster & flesh golem-esq monsters 
  • Deathless (A sort f@#$-up immortal who can't die despite wanting to)
  • Possessed object type like living armor or Gargoyles
1 hour ago, Hollow said:

Have Soulblight Gravelords incorporate "Vampire Coast" as a sub faction. 

The return of Vampirates

image.png.0c191aba1a2699214e8f0cb8478b4c5a.png

Not forgotten btw they got a name drop in DB5

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The return of Vampirates

image.png.0c191aba1a2699214e8f0cb8478b4c5a.png

Not forgotten btw they got a name drop in DB5

Battletome: Wrath Fleet Privateers when?

Can we just have a cycle of each GA getting a pirate faction? 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

For the faction focus articles do we think it will be...

Mon - Friday     
Order>Chaos>Death>Destruction>Order

until we run out of Death and Destruction factions and have to add more Chaos/Order factions?... I really hope Death and Destruction get some more factions.

I can imagine Kruel Boyz and Ironjawz getting individual tomes if that counts? I still think a large non anthropomorphic beast army would be cool. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Alright, since we’re talking about this I’ll throw in my line: bring the tomb kings back to AOS. Seriously, just create a Ancient-Egyptian/Middle Eastern themed faction that focuses on warmachines and fast attack, create an oc Mortarch (I’m thinking “Mortarch of Eternity”) and have them be all about slowly expanding Shyish’s influence throughout the realms(desertification).

Vampirates brought back as treasure seekers/collectors of arcane lore/death god hunters. Naturally lead by a Mortarch of the Abyss (a picture of Harkon and count noctilus), with a focus on guns and sea monsters.

New Soulblight Mortarch to replace Arkhan when he inevitably becomes a OBR only mortarch.

Arkhan already IS an OBR only Mortarch. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I really like the new Jezzails teams. The whole Skaven range feels like it's going to look so good now it's getting its well deserved refresh.

But then you remember the Night Runners will still be there...

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Tell me you're hitting on 5+ without saying you're hitting on 5+* ;)

image.png.0501f09f6d300381501c2859d5f52474.png

*actually, probably 4+

Nah 3+.

It's exactly the same mini with exactly the same warscroll (with one more attack) xD

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

I would love to see "Mortal Faction" Battalion Boxes (similar to the DarkOath) for Death and Destruction. Death - Mortals who worship Nagash and form cults around the nature of Death. Destruction - Genghis Khan style mounted Mortal tribes that trade and deal with green skins. So many cool ideas. 

Ogors already have the mongolian aesthetic really, it'd be cool to instead see a different Asian mythological inspiration, there are loads of cool creatures and aesthetic styles we don't see represented as much.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Ogors already have the mongolian aesthetic really, it'd be cool to instead see a different Asian mythological inspiration, there are loads of cool creatures and aesthetic styles we don't see represented as much.

Ogors aren't Mongolian, the designers explicitly stated they were supposed to look like Cossacks. I don't know why people keep saying Ogres are Mongolians because they don't really have anything to do with them.

• Like 1

Hobgoblins were the Mongolian theme army, they had a character called Oglah Khan.

of course in Sigmar, the Hobgrots are taking in the Chaos dwarf Assyrian aesthetic a bit more and it looks like the Gitmob are going to be somewhat more Mongolian theme going forward.

3 hours ago, DinoJon said:

my long standing theory is that eventually each of the death factions would get 2 Mortarchs. However, now that Ushoran is out.. I don't think FEC needs another Mortarch. So maybe we'll see 3 new factions for Death eventually? 

Silent-People
Frankensteinian Monsters
Mortals of Nagash

for destruction with no real basis in lore
Elementals - Like the incarnates in design but a faction. 
Deep Lords (?) - the aquatic threat Idoneth are dealing with. 
Goblin Sky Pirates

If Destruction gets an army of Lovecraftian abominations from the deep it will be my first Destruction army!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Ogors aren't Mongolian, the designers explicitly stated they were supposed to look like Cossacks. I don't know why people keep saying Ogres are Mongolians because they don't really have anything to do with them.

I've been into Warhammer for about 20 years and today is the first time I've ever heard the og ogre design is supposed to be Cossacks. people will make assumptions based on other information they have, even if what's circulating is incorrect. there's overlap in that pastiche space, and tbh the hunger part of ogres I think gets linked to the "ravenous hordes" stereotype that the Mongols get painted with because of the rest of pop culture.

i do know who/what the Cossacks were and now that you've said this, I can see exactly what the intent was--but it still relies on Othering a steppe culture, and those tend to get lumped together in general.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

the ogre kingdoms come from the whfb equivalent of mongolia was my understanding. I feel like I'm not alone in that I could not tell you what a middle ages cossack looked like so that's probably why people jump to mongolia

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

the ogre kingdoms come from the whfb equivalent of mongolia was my understanding. I feel like I'm not alone in that I could not tell you what a middle ages cossack looked like so that's probably why people jump to mongolia

The Warhammer Fantasy equivelant of Mongolia is the Eastern Steppes, where Hobgoblins, Kurgan and Hung live. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it would be cool to have a Destruction sub-faction that is entirely mounted, with huge swathes of mounted warriors pouring over the Ghur landscape, shifting and swarming like schools of fish. They don't use infantry and you could take thematic design influences from various mounted warrior cultures worldwide. 

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I think it would be cool to have a Destruction sub-faction that is entirely mounted, with huge swathes of mounted warriors pouring over the Ghur landscape, shifting and swarming like schools of fish. They don't use infantry and you could take thematic design influences from various mounted warrior cultures worldwide. 

If you didn’t count the Yhtees and the Icebrow hunter, that was what Beastclaw raiders were and sort of still is. 

• Like 1

Yeah.... I'm talking about humans that worship Gork/Mork. A new human/mortal concept for the Destruction grand alliance that I think would make sense thematically, would be an interesting space for miniature design and create diversity in faction offerings for different Grand Alliances. Of course there are some factions with some thematic similarities already within Destruction. That's kind of the point, it would fit with the Grand Alliance and could be allied with any of the existing Destruction factions and wouldn't look out of place. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Yeah.... I'm talking about humans that worship Gork/Mork. A new human/mortal concept for the Destruction grand alliance that I think would make sense thematically, would be an interesting space for miniature design and create diversity in faction offerings for different Grand Alliances. Of course there are some factions with some thematic similarities already within Destruction. That's kind of the point, it would fit with the Grand Alliance and could be allied with any of the existing Destruction factions and wouldn't look out of place. 

image.png.a247d8602d8d9e9e354c66f58a8b9a22.png

I would like to see more diverse greenskins, give me some snotlings too please.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

We don't have anything based on some sort of Maori culture, right? It would be interesting to have something like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I think it is mainly the faces and hairstyles. I always thought they were Mongolian as well.

• Like 3