The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Stormcast Gheist? 

IMG_7961.jpeg

It’s 100% for the new edition. But lightning could be celestial lightning for SCE or warp lightning for Skaven. I’d say wait and see if it’s one or the other, but that’s already good if we can point a rumour engine to 2 specific factions. 

11 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Colour me intrigued, how can you tell this, what are the “signs”. Is it casting detail?

Well, this is assuming this is even for AoS and not something Psychic for Agents of the Imperium. 

Yeah. I tend to see it all with the AoS eyes xD

20 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Colour me intrigued, how can you tell this, what are the “signs”. Is it casting detail?

Well, this is assuming this is even for AoS and not something Psychic for Agents of the Imperium. 

I just compared the Void Dragon lighting and the Lumineth Endless spells

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't you find it weird that we are 16 days away from seeing the full box but we don't know its name yet?

It’s called Cardassian Union, following on from GW’s odd trend of naming AoS starter sets after Star Trek Deep Space Nine villains.

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

It’s called Cardassian Union, following on from GW’s odd trend of naming AoS starter sets after Star Trek Deep Space Nine villains.

This is a spectacular reference, and I appreciate you for it.

17 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Skavendassian Union. The new Skaven iconography is from this new pool of Skaven clans.

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Is there a rumour for new endless spells that could confirm (or deny) that this RE is from an endless spell ?

I'd be hugely suprised if we saw any new ones. GW already had issues with the supply of the old ones, we've seen them having problems with terrain, and basically anything related to China in trms of production is a logistical risk. I doubt they'd be willing to risk delays in releases where everything produced in the UK is prepared and ready to go and then has to wait for a few bits and pieces stuck on a ship somewhere. We'll see a continuous support for the existing ones in this edition, but by the fifth, they might be gone altogether.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Is there a rumour for new endless spells that could confirm (or deny) that this RE is from an endless spell ?

I think Whitefang Jr said something about new generic Endless Spells.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I'd be hugely suprised if we saw any new ones. GW already had issues with the supply of the old ones, we've seen them having problems with terrain, and basically anything related to China in trms of production is a logistical risk. I doubt they'd be willing to risk delays in releases where everything produced in the UK is prepared and ready to go and then has to wait for a few bits and pieces stuck on a ship somewhere. We'll see a continuous support for the existing ones in this edition, but by the fifth, they might be gone altogether.

Wasn't confirmed that they are not producing in China anymore? If that's the case nothing should be delayed.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Wasn't confirmed that they are not producing in China anymore? If that's the case nothing should be delayed.

I don't know, but I have noticed that some of the scenery I recently built from Stormbringer (presumably originally some of the Warcry stuff?) was definitely the Nottingham plastic.

Still, seeing the spider incarnate unreleased and allegedly launch box terrain scrapped, it would seem not all is well, beyond the core miniatures.

7 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It reminds me a bit of Bonereapers magic where something’s being reshaped, but also a bit of the Krondspine Incarnate. Maybe the Spider Incarnate and it’s made of magical webbing? 

It's HAPPENING!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

It is possible all current existing endless spells get scrapped for a new set of generics that play better with logistics. 

GW already mentioned in the articles so far that the existing ES from the Soul Wars and Malign Sorcery are in the game, devided into thematic spell lores.

5 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I don't know, but I have noticed that some of the scenery I recently built from Stormbringer (presumably originally some of the Warcry stuff?) was definitely the Nottingham plastic.

Still, seeing the spider incarnate unreleased and allegedly launch box terrain scrapped, it would seem not all is well, beyond the core miniatures.

But in the other hand we have the new S2D scenery.

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

GW already mentioned in the articles so far that the existing ES from the Soul Wars and Malign Sorcery are in the game, devided into thematic spell lores.

Ah fair. I forgot about that.

I wonder what the endless spells scrolls are this time.

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It's HAPPENING!

NO! It’s me really, really wanting a Shyish themed Incarnate and it could be any number of things, including a new Endless Spell, a Lightning Gheist, a new Ossiarch thing, or like, 500 other things that I simply haven’t considered yet. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

NO! It’s me really, really wanting a Shyish themed Incarnate and it could be any number of things, including a new Endless Spell, a Lightning Gheist, a new Ossiarch thing, or like, 500 other things that I simply haven’t considered yet. 

Spider Incarnate of Ghur. IT'S HAPPENING! hahaha

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Its secretly the Gnabzabbler, an overcharged with azyr magic goblin who has stolen some lightning from Sigmar. (or so the story goes)

3 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I would expect them to be somewhat toned down, seeing how we don't spend points on them any more.

Not like points have ever been that indicative of the power of Endless Spells. ;) 

I hope for some more variety than "moves and deals mortal wounds" though.