The Rumour Thread

As for playtime in AoS there seem to be a problem getting it done in three hours even in tournaments. Most perhaps succeed in finishing the game, but just like a student can finish an exam in 1 hour, the student perhaps don't do a good work in that hour since it's stressed about answering all the questions in time.

And that's how it feels in AoS, to be sure to finish in three hours you can't allow yourself or your opponent to think too much about your strategy and what decisions to make.

This is also amplified by how the rules work in 3d edition, like the fact that the different heroic actions and monsterous actions are on different dice roll results so you can't just roll a dice and see if you succeed before you decide what monsterous action you will do. So you spend a couple of minutes thinking about it and it turns out it was wasted.

I haven't played in a tournament yet but for our games it takes about 30 minutes deploying (my friend usually has prepared the board and rolled the scenario before we arrive, otherwise add another 30 minutes) and then the game takes about 2-4 hours where we are quite good at the rules of our armies. And the two hours games are the one where you have a clear winner in the third round and there is little reason to play on. In a tournament where every point could matter this wouldn't be possible.

What I have seen of 4d edition it probably will be less time to play, but it feels wrong that the game don't allow you to think a lot about tactics and strategy if you should finish it in 3 hours unless you are really good.

• Like 5

I wonder why the article didn’t mention any unit limitations. Thought it was the key feature for matched play games. If GW really throws out any limits, it’d be awkward and maybe even unbalanced. Even 40k has 3 units each or 6 for battleline/transport

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Id day Top 3 Armies in need of a release are;

Fyreslayers.

Idoneth.

Ogor Mawtribes.

DoK is always the forgotten one. They have fewer kits than ID or FS and some are still from WHFB. That's why I classify it as a top 3 in need of refresh.

I would put them at the top instead of ID.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bethebee said:

i think it could go 3 ways. 

1. is a general army expansion.  maybe a new trogg, new stabbas, an armored grot knight unit.
2. is increase the gitmob stuff.  more wolves and plains grots, give them a hero and a chariot.
3. is a spider refresh/expansion to make them fit into the army better.

i think 2 is the most likely personally but i also would like it the least; GSG is one of the most thematically rich and congruent armies in the game (even with Spiderfang) and i think that the Gitmob stuff sticks out like a sore thumb.  it's not bad, but i'd so much prefer if it was just it's own army without being forced to cross-pollinate with a completed army.  1 would be nice; GSG doesn't really need this but i mean i'll take it.  3 would be ideal, both by replacing old models but also working out the last few kinks in the army's aesthetic and really expanding on the insect theme of GSG which i think is wildly under-utilized.

Reading you I can visualise case 2 having a release similar to Kroots, with its own thematic army box, maybe a few more kits and being it all released with the BT release.

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

With spearhead coming at launch and require a spearhead or vanguard box to play , we can expect an ironjawz box before V4 right ?

That's a good point, but I guess it will be a few weeks after the launch rather than before. Maybe announced earlier but definitely not sold earlier.

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

With spearhead coming at launch and require a spearhead or vanguard box to play , we can expect an ironjawz box before V4 right ?

Not necessarily an actual box. If I remember correctly, 40k released a Combat Patrol list in White dwarf so we might just get Ironjawz Spearhead rules via a pdf instead of an actual box.

But if this happens it isn't unlikely we get that list as a box in the future

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I always assumed that the Lore is after and completely appart from the minis.

Yeah, it can go in both ways. Not mentioning them and having minis or mentioning them and not having minis 🤣

7 hours ago, bethebee said:

i think it could go 3 ways. 

1. is a general army expansion.  maybe a new trogg, new stabbas, an armored grot knight unit.
2. is increase the gitmob stuff.  more wolves and plains grots, give them a hero and a chariot.
3. is a spider refresh/expansion to make them fit into the army better.

i think 2 is the most likely personally but i also would like it the least; GSG is one of the most thematically rich and congruent armies in the game (even with Spiderfang) and i think that the Gitmob stuff sticks out like a sore thumb.  it's not bad, but i'd so much prefer if it was just it's own army without being forced to cross-pollinate with a completed army.  1 would be nice; GSG doesn't really need this but i mean i'll take it.  3 would be ideal, both by replacing old models but also working out the last few kinks in the army's aesthetic and really expanding on the insect theme of GSG which i think is wildly under-utilized.

Regarding gitmob release, I think it'd be better for them to get their own tome or be moved to KB. They differ a lot from the concept of crazy shroom-eaters and cave dwellers. Expanding their range within GSG tome will make tome bloat. I've always been wondering why they put gitmob in GSG army, unless it is just a temporary harbour. They don't even have synergy with any of GSG heroes or traits.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Regarding gitmob release, I think it'd be better for them to get their own tome or be moved to KB. They differ a lot from the concept of crazy shroom-eaters and cave dwellers. Expanding their range within GSG tome will make tome bloat. I've always been wondering why they put gitmob in GSG army, unless it is just a temporary harbour. They don't even have synergy with any of GSG heroes or traits.

When we have the Chorfs release we could get a nice hint about this. If Horns of Hashut and Hobgrots appear in the Chorfs tome, which seems to be the case, then this could hint us a similar scenario for Gitmob.

33 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Frankly I alway though it was because the underworld warband was super popular or something (I know during the Beastgrave era they where consider one of the strongest warband for Underworlds thaw game) that they made them into an actual unit for AoS and Gitz was the only place for them.

Edited by novakai

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I see Silent People as almost impossible to come, and kinda unfair if they do. We know Chorfs are coming after Chorfs presumably Malerion at either the end of the ed or the beginning of the 5th edition. If any other faction comes before Malerion the poor guy will be a walking meme for AoS.

I really thought that Malerion was coming in 3rd edition , and Chorfs coming before him in 4th edition is totally unexpected to me .

He is really a big AoS character since the beginning and he actually rules over Ulgu , the realm of shadow: it is really wierd we haven’t seen him yet !

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Id day Top 3 Armies in need of a release are;

Fyreslayers.

Idoneth.

Ogor Mawtribes.

I should say :

1) Ogor with firebellies expansion

2) Fyreslayers with new/updated battle line

3)Idoneth with elite infantry 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cyrus said:

He is really a big AoS character since the beginning and he actually rules over Ulgu , the realm of shadow: it is really wierd we haven’t seen him yet !

I assume it's partly because any character in AoS needs an army to be in (or lead). I can't claim to be that knowledgeable about the lore, but from what I've gathered there's been precious little said about who it is that Malerion rules over. So, we're effectively talking about creating and conceptualising a whole new faction. 

• Like 1

Using the data from @Ejecutor 's sheet:

Top ten lowest kit count (all AoS core branded), alongside top ten lowest kit count (non-WHFB era made FOR AoS core):

image.png.165ba8815e039e9092632256eb29ff61.png

Probably safe to say Sons don't really count, and magenta can be eliminated for new wave.
Non-matching are not coloured and can be considered least in need in a needy bunch.

So; DoK, FS, KO, Ogors and Tzeentch looking like hotspot contenders for a decent wave.
IDK and OBR co-piloting the "I-need-more-kits-mobile".

EDIT: My moneys on Ogors and DoK.

At least that seems logical to me 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Top ten lowest kit count (all AoS core branded), alongside top ten lowest kit count (non-WHFB era made FOR AoS core):

Probably safe to say Sons don't really count, and magenta can be eliminated for new wave.
Non-matching are not coloured and can be considered least in need in a needy bunch.

So; DoK, FS, KO, Ogors and Tzeentch looking like hotspot contenders for a decent wave.

- Ogor Mawtribes will be revamped using the lore of the Warcry and Dawnbringers campaign
- DoK will have the Malerion Daemons.
- Chorfs will come before any of these armies

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Top ten lowest kit count (all AoS core branded), alongside top ten lowest kit count (made FOR AoS core):

Last time I counted IDK had 11 kits in total (I do not count Underworlds & terrain). Let's check!

1. Thralls

2. Reavers

3. Eels

4. Shark

5. Leviadon

6. Eidolon

7. Akhelian King

8. Thrallmaster

9. Tidecaster

10. Lotann

11. Soulrender

I don't know where the above numbers come from.

10 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

EDIT: My moneys on Ogors and DoK.

Unless DoK/Malerion is the starting faction for the 5th edition, which would fit the theory of the 1st edition being an Order edition, then Death, Destro and now Chaos. So the 5th would be Order again.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Last time I counted IDK had 11 kits in total (I do not count Underworlds & terrain). Let's check!

1. Thralls

2. Reavers

3. Eels

4. Shark

5. Leviadon

6. Eidolon

7. Akhelian King

8. Thrallmaster

9. Tidecaster

10. Lotann

11. Soulrender

I don't know where the above numbers come from.

Kits sold currently on the web. So all counts. Terrain, warbands and whatever they want to include, like Kragnos to SoB or Ogors.

In the end, if GWs put them under their page section for AoS, they are counting them for AoS, IMO.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, novakai said:

Frankly I alway though it was because the underworld warband was super popular or something (I know during the Beastgrave era they where consider one of the strongest warband for Underworlds thaw game) that they made them into an actual unit for AoS and Gitz was the only place for them.

Yeah, kinda that. But the whole concept of GSG was raised mostly from moonclan goblins, so I hope we will see more classic greenskinz in future, maybe just gitmob tome or gitmobs combined with chorfs or orruks be it KB or some new orruks as well. 

5 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Me too. It's suspicious that ALL dwarf armies are in that list... (another page in the book)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ookami said:

Yeah, kinda that. But the whole concept of GSG was raised mostly from moonclan goblins, so I hope we will see more classic greenskinz in future, maybe just gitmob tome or gitmobs combined with chorfs or orruks be it KB or some new orruks as well. 

Yeah I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd rather have sungobbos and the like in a different army. I want to keep the living in caves and being a lunatic thing to the gitz identity.

• Like 4