The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

If your based near Nottingham and looking for a play group, we're got a great bunch playing regularly in Boards and Swords Hobbes.  Throw me a PM if you want more details.

Also stoked for 4th.  Feels like they've got rid of lots of the unnecessary complexity (faffy combats, heroic actions and rampages) while keeping the flavour.

Unfortunately not near Nottingham - was just passing through by chance! - but thank you for the offer :)

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I think I'm in the minority when I say I'd like to see a few things 'nerfed'

Everyone wanted the lethality to be reduced, the problem is that people just want the lethality of their rivals to get the nerfs xD

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Everyone wanted the lethality to be reduced, the problem is that people just want the lethality of their rivals to get the nerfs xD

I just want the lethality of my weapons to do more damage to my competence (my own troops) than the rest (the enemy)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Seems a bit crude. More in line with the CoS humans' stuff.

image.png.f4bd25dc862a1f7c1b16e4e0a4013a17.pngimage.png.32617d075dc712e83c1fde4afccaeeea.png

The base of the metal cage is the exact same as the Fusilier's torch, and the cage is 100% Cities.

Not to celebrate too early, but

Wooo Yeah Baby GIF - Wooo Yeah Baby GIFs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Asbestress said:

The base of the metal cage is the exact same as the Fusilier's torch, and the cage is 100% Cities.

Not to celebrate too early, but

Don't forget they sometimes re-use CAD files ; )

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Don't forget they sometimes re-use CAD files ; )

Yeah, but would someone go into "AoS/Order/CoS/Refresh23/Gunline/Acc2/TotallyNotGalensTorch.CAD" to use it almost entirely unchanged for a non-Cities mini?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Yeah, but would someone go into "AoS/Order/CoS/Refresh23/Gunline/Acc2/TotallyNotGalensTorch.CAD" to use it almost entirely unchanged for a non-Cities mini?

"It's a torch, Garry, no one's gonna look at it. I'm not resculpting it, sue me."

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

It's lacking some warpstone on the light source to be a skaven torch. Also, what a weird effect on the flame, doesnt it look like a bat?

Now that you speak about the torch effect... does it feel windy over there?

Mariscal Adalid del Gremio Libre Freeguild Cavalier-Marshal Ciudades de  Sigmar Warhammer Age of SigmarFreeguild Cavaliers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

After quite a hectic few years with family illness and the local AoS group disappearing completely in AoS 3, I'm hopefully not being too optimistic when I say I (alongside the play group) will be returning to Age of Sigmar with 4th edition.

I'm happy with most of the changes presented, and glad that there's going to be a 'simple' spearhead mode for quick games. One of the biggest issues the group had for adopting AoS 3 was how finicky it felt, and that much of the complexity felt tacked on - which hopefully AoS 4 remedies. 

I actually had the chance to play AoS 4 at Warhammer World, and it might just have been the time between that and last playing, but I really enjoyed myself. The gameplay was smooth and nothing felt overly strong.

I think I'm in the minority when I say I'd like to see a few things 'nerfed' - I'd like the game to be a bit less lethal, and for more opportunities to use the models brought to the table before they're destroyed. AoS 3 games relatively quickly began to feel very samey.

So, glad to be back for AoS 4!

Welcome back mate!!

• LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Seems a bit crude. More in line with the CoS humans' stuff.

Not sure I agree with that, we have pretty similar torches in Cities.

galen.png.10f660c4b5a2656e2f8389ce139a6eba.png

torchguy.PNG.44c0285ebd31e41b7d38fe9fb7092be0.PNG

EDIT: Should have read the thread before posting, lol

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep