The Rumour Thread

Some ideas i had a while back. I also posted a paint thing somewhere, cant seem to find it. So many ways Gitmob or Frazzlegitz can be designed in areas that are still unexplored.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:37 AM, Gitzdee said:

I hope u are right so much. What kind of units do u think we will get for Gitmob? I hope we get:

AoS version of Grom, big grot riding a big sandworm.

Shaman riding a Scorpion

Rock lobber/ Doomdiver hydrid

Some kind of desert glider/catamaran.

Grot mob with nasty skulkers

Yes i really hope they go with a desert theme here.

Another option would be a sky pirates theme making a combo with grotbag.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Hope Wolf Riders were a one off. They don't fit at all current GSG range. Neither squigs, nor Trogghoths. Not even the shroom theme. Move "normal" goblins to the old world. That's were they belong. I own fully painted 2k Squigs and on my way to 2k Trogghoths. If GW wants to expand GSG range do it with some crazy Spiderfang. They fit AoS way much better.

Gitmob needs to leave Gloomspite Gitz asap. They just dont fit, even in the lore they arent the best of friend. They could use a completely different setting to dank caves and dark places. I also hope they can ally with Ogors, that would be awesome for a Destruction collector.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Hope Wolf Riders were a one off. They don't fit at all current GSG range. Neither squigs, nor Trogghoths. Not even the shroom theme. Move "normal" goblins to the old world. That's were they belong. I own fully painted 2k Squigs and on my way to 2k Trogghoths. If GW wants to expand GSG range do it with some crazy Spiderfang. They fit AoS way much better.

Just give them their own subfaction. They can move into higher fantasy stuff like worm riders.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Gitmob needs to leave Gloomspite Gitz asap. They just dont fit, even in the lore they arent the best of friend. They could use a completely different setting to dank caves and dark places. I also hope they can ally with Ogors, that would be awesome for a Destruction collector.

Personally I want Gnoblars to leave Ogor Mawtribes. They make no sense being in there now in AOS.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Here's the original comment. It looks like they're trying something new with this set. It's interesting that it's still being called a launch box in the video. This sounds like a product that should be a permanent range item.

Leviathan still follow the Launch Box + 3 starter sets format though, and we already had terrain in the Extremis Starter Set variant for Dominion, so maybe not (I'd also still like intact Azyrite building...)

BTW I'm late but what a preview ! :)

Favorite was the Bolt Brethren and the AOS trailer (so much better than the Dominion one), showing both AOS larger-than-life aspects (literal GOD OF DEATH and continent-sized explosion) and the down-to-earth reality of the Realms : simple, human barbarian fighting against Beastmen, and the soldiery of the Cities of Sigmar, with the Stormcast Eternals tribulations in between. 

Speaking of which, the first death of that brave Liberator is a nod to the Swarming from AOS 1 (Realmgate Wars : Quest for Ghal Maraz, pp. 67 & 72), which is IMO pretty nice. 

QuestForGhalMaraz_TheSwarming.png.6276f61cd18bf4b79df5b076c148f0e6.png

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

People kept saying "beastmen" in the trailer so I finally had to watch it and there aren't beastmen. There are tzaangor. Beastmen are definitely going away if they chose tzaangor for the lowest fantasy portion of their trailer where a regular gor would have fit perfectly. 

Following on I agree it's boring that sigmars big lie was the thing everyone has known this whole time. The ruination chamber which had the potential to be really cool SO FAR appears like it will just be blue eyes and popped collars.  And yes the fact that not a single stormcast even dies in the trailer is cringey like Garrac said.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, The Red King said:

People kept saying "beastmen" in the trailer so I finally had to watch it and there aren't beastmen. There are tzaangor. Beastmen are definitely going away if they chose tzaangor for the lowest fantasy portion of their trailer where a regular gor would have fit perfectly. 

Following on I agree it's boring that sigmars big lie was the thing everyone has known this whole time. The ruination chamber which had the potential to be really cool SO FAR appears like it will just be blue eyes and popped collars.  And yes the fact that not a single stormcast even dies in the trailer is cringey like Garrac said.

Maybe for someone doesnt know AoS a regular beastmen would look to similar to Skaven? Could also be because Tzaangor are more mainstream choice because of the  realms of ruin game or connection to a well known chaos god? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The Red King said:

People kept saying "beastmen" in the trailer so I finally had to watch it and there aren't beastmen. There are tzaangor

1. Why wouldn't you watch the trailer ? It's awesome.

2. Tzaangors are 💯 beastmen. Just the Tzeentch basic variant. 

https://ageofsigmar.fandom.com/wiki/Tzaangors 

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tzaangor

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tzaangor

__

On another note, I hope oh-so-dearly we'll get new plastic objectives with 4th Edition, the set with Soul Wars and Dominion were great !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Red King said:

And yes the fact that not a single stormcast even dies in the trailer is cringey like Garrac said.

The Jezzails kill some Stormcast, its really obvious what with the lightning bolts zapping to the sky. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, The Red King said:

No Stormcast died? I would thought that at least 3 died. 1 prosecutor and two liberators. The prosecutor shot by a skaven sniper, the new machine killing a liberator and the rat ogor killing the other liberator with flames.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

No Stormcast died? I would thought that at least 3 died. 1 prosecutor and two liberators. The prosecutor shot by a skaven sniper, the new machine killing a liberator and the rat ogor killing the other liberator with flames.

I think the ROGOR with the flames merely made the liberator toasty. He took it like a boss...

53 minutes ago, The Red King said:

They'll find a home for the Beastmen, they'll get them into S2D where all the Beasts sculpts that BoC deserved (hello Ogroids) already are waiting for them.

Also btw, just wanna say, it feels great that Hallowed Knights are the new posteboys now instead of Hammers of Sigmar. The full bright gold armour was definitely overdone, and lore wise the Hammers definitely felt more "vanilla" and generic than the Knights who are all righteous holy warriors of Sigmar. Also, I do find their colour scheme better, aven if this is personal, but from what I've seen here, lots of people share that opinion.
(Edit : I'd love it if the launch release gives us another Hallowed Knights named character to go alongside Gardus)

Honestly it's kind of a big deal ! GW rarely switches colour schemes for whole studio armies and especially not posterboys one. Last time I remember something similar, it was in 2016 with the Tau range refresh where they switched from their classic tan armour to pure white.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

(Edit : I'd love it if the launch release gives us another Hallowed Knights named character to go alongside Gardus

Not on the launch box I think.

Yndrasta is a member of Inner Circle, so, she can join every stormhost that you want, include the homebrews stormhost. 
But Iwant to see another Hallowed Knight dude during that summer release.

3 minutes ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

Not on the launch box I think.

Yndrasta is a member of Inner Circle, so, she can join every stormhost that you want, include the homebrews stormhost. 
But Iwant to see another Hallowed Knight dude during that summer release.

*Cough*Astral Templar*Cough* *Cough*Purple*Cough*

Hamilcar Beareater.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Also btw, just wanna say, it feels great that Hallowed Knights are the new posteboys now instead of Hammers of Sigmar. The full bright gold armour was definitely overdone, and lore wise the Hammers definitely felt more "vanilla" and generic than the Knights who are all righteous holy warriors of Sigmar. Also, I do find their colour scheme better, aven if this is personal, but from what I've seen here, lots of people share that opinion.
(Edit : I'd love it if the launch release gives us another Hallowed Knights named character to go alongside Gardus)

Honestly it's kind of a big deal ! GW rarely switches colour schemes for whole studio armies and especially not posterboys one. Last time I remember something similar, it was in 2016 with the Tau range refresh where they switched from their classic tan armour to pure white.

The funny thing is that logically speaking the Hammers of Sigmar should have the biggest Ruination Chamber, due to them suffering the most from the Reforging Flaw due to being the first Stormhost to fight in the Mortal Realms and their refusal to retreat in battle. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

They'll find a home for the Beastmen, they'll get them into S2D where all the Beasts sculpts that BoC deserved (hello Ogroids) already are waiting for them.

Thats a good point, maybe they will do as GW has never done before and start to actually rotate focus and not give it all (as well as 9/10 special characters) to 1 subfaction. Perhaps next edition it will shift to Astral Templars or Knights Exelsior or something.

13 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Thats a good point, maybe they will do as GW has never done before and start to actually rotate focus and not give it all (as well as 9/10 special characters) to 1 subfaction. Perhaps next edition it will shift to Astral Templars or Knights Exelsior or something.

I don't know, I feel if they forego the Hallowed Knights in AoS5, it's either to return to Hammers or have the Celestial Vindicators as the next posterboys. Given that these are the OG 3 SCE subfactions. 

Personally, I'd like the Knights to saty for future editions. With named characters for other subfactions of course, and more subfaction agnostic characters like Yndrasta or the dragon siblings.

1 hour ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

Halfing slaves for Ogor Mawtribes ! 

I always wanted to see Halflings Return in AoS but with the Mawtribes, but as a Cannibal Race.  I wouldn’t want them to lose their Charm of Simple folk with an affinity for farming and riding Big roosters, they just happen to eat everyone 😂

We’ve had one Aelf for Breakfast yes, But what About Second Aelves?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The Knights Excelsior could bring pretty nice and interesting narratives, like the end of Realms of Ruin.

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

This is how I feel too. I love soup, but I feel like Moonclan is such a powerful aesthetic that having gitmob smashed into it. They completely overshadow it, and I cant help but fear that if I committed to trying to run a gitmob army, I'd just be forced into a few goblins, with moonclan and troggs.

Which is fine if you like that. But I love my faction have more to them then just "they exist as a minor faction for the main guys".

I think that's why despite wanting gitmob more then anything, Skaven is more appealing because at least I'm invested in a full faction.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 12:58 PM, Sarges said:

Abraxia is a nice miniature but I feel like the creature's back needs something to make silhouette more interesting. First rough idea:
 image.png.cefb5ec6e3f3bb9f81d0a2d7dd56d09f.png

Where is this helmet from ? It completely fixes the only part of the model I hate!

• Like 1