The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Anyone Else Barely  able to contain their excitement? cannot wait to see these new Stormcast and Skaven. 

Wonder if there’s cheeky silhouette teasers of things to come.  

Probably when we are closer to the preview, once Warcom posts their classic "link here" article.

20 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I hope to find something to bedazzle me with this preview but it seems like this one will pass me by as not much rumored for anything I'm all that interested in being a destro fan first nd death second.

Rat ogors, if shown off, will probably be my biggest wow. 

Eh, win some ya lose some. 

The rat fans will definitely carry th experience fo sho. 

Nothing? NOTHING?! What about the BIG BOX!!!???

Is it wrong to expect disappointment? I'm assuming we'll see a rat and a stormcast as per last year's adepticon reveals plus a trailer.

With darkoath being shown early I'm not sure much will be seen. Happy to be wrong but tempering expectations seems a better way to avoid disappointment.

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nothing? NOTHING?! What about the BIG BOX!!!???

I kinda get it. I also thought this reveal wouldnt be for me. It seems like a surprise CoS warband could be nice. I am also hoping for a Sylvaneth Warcry release but im not holding my breath on that one. 

What i really want to see this reveal:

Index yes or no?

Roadmaps for AoS and Warcry.

Information about how much of a change 4th is going to be compared to 3rd. AoS is the testing ground for 40k rules so i really expect a complete rework of the rules (or none at all, but rumours seem to point towards index).

@Ejecutor

Big box? You mean 4th starter?

If so, yea, not really my jam with what factions are inside. I'm more excited to see rules changes. 

Going to be slow going next half a year for this fella until the 4th dust settles and releases start picking up again. 

No bother, I've got plenty to work on. 

Again, excited for the ones who are. It's a pretty big deal for some. 

• Sad 1

Just now, 01rtb01 said:

Is it wrong to expect disappointment? I'm assuming we'll see a rat and a stormcast as per last year's adepticon reveals plus a trailer.

With darkoath being shown early I'm not sure much will be seen. Happy to be wrong but tempering expectations seems a better way to avoid disappointment.

Always best to keep expectations low with these preview shows I think.

Very rarely they meet the hype imo, especially depending on what factions your interested in. Always nice to be pleasantly surprised though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 01rtb01 said:

I think 3rd edition had some massive delays and they are pumping out everything 3rd edition related to be ready for 4th edition. Darkoath could have been a massive hype any other day. I just feel like they are rushing these last models/ dawnbringer stuff to be done with it. The WD stuff with what it seems like Season of War Gallet content kinda confirms this theory for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

I don't collect SCE or Skaven but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what's in store for the core rules, also warcry

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Anyone Else Barely  able to contain their excitement? cannot wait to see these new Stormcast and Skaven. 

Wonder if there’s cheeky silhouette teasers of things to come.  

Literally was like "I really hope the other warcry team is Kurnothi or Idoneth tomorrow... wait.. IT'S TONIGHT 8D"

15 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Ejecutor

Big box? You mean 4th starter?

If so, yea, not really my jam with what factions are inside. I'm more excited to see rules changes. 

Going to be slow going next half a year for this fella until the 4th dust settles and releases start picking up again. 

No bother, I've got plenty to work on. 

Again, excited for the ones who are. It's a pretty big deal for some. 

Even if you are not collecting the minis inside the box (which is my case as well, unless there's one particular Stormcast that catches my eye) the big box is always a big hype moment for me. I guess I let myself flow by all the hype it created, and minis aside, it is always a nice moment if you are a lore enthusiast as well. You never know if what is brought in a new edition could affect your beloved faction or not.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Well, I don’t really care about SCE or Skaven, so it’s mild curiosity here. Skaven players have served their time though and the visible excitement (dong?) is understandable.

But there is still Warcry and, most importantly, a chance to hear something about the new rules. This USR and „no melee range” rumour made me more excited than any blurry model image ever could.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even if you are not collecting the minis inside the box (which is my case as well, unless there's one particular Stormcast that catches my eye) the big box is always a big hype moment for me. I guess I let myself flow by all the hype it created, and minis aside, it is always a nice moment if you are a lore enthusiast as well. You never know if what is brought in a new edition could affect your beloved faction or not.

I totally get that. I'm definitely excited for future lore, rules changes, etc, as well. Really hoping DB 6 does some conclusions to what's going down with my fav lil bog ninjas and the pony. 🤘

It just this initial here and now that's not all too exciting for me. Maybe I will be surprised, never know. 

I've just never been a get on the hype for hypes sake kinda fan.

Geedubs gotsta earn this attention and this $$, booooiiiiii!!  😄 😉 

I don’t expect to be wowed (Ossiarch Warband aside, but Ossiarch are like jingly keys to me), since unless they start revealing new rules and such for 4th Edition, there’s nothing beyond the Ossiarchs I’m expecting to see that I care about. I’m not interested in Skaven or Stormcast, and there’s no Idoneth stuff probably. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am. 

I'd advise really keeping your expectations limited when it comes to info about 4th ed rules changes tomorrow. I'd expect mechanics to be kept very tight to their chest for now, and only parcelled out slowly over the months to come.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I'm setting my twins for bed and myself to get some sleep before the preview. Is any other EU fella staying awake at 4 AM with me?

Im EU, but I usually dont sleep before 5 in the morning anyway XD drawing works better at night

38 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

If it's like last year then the focus is more about announcing what the direction of the new edition will be, like they did with 10th. So it's better to be realistic than optimistic but we should hopefully get some information to help us know what's coming.

Just now, Grunbag said:

I’ve seen this on Facebook . Not sure if it has been shared here yet or if it’s all true 

That's the leak that's been going around for days that's just an amalgamation of every existing rumour (plus a few wishlist items). We're fairly certain there is no Khul and the Chaos Lord is in power armour, not terminator armour

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I'm setting my twins for bed and myself to get some sleep before the preview. Is any other EU fella staying awake at 4 AM with me?

I'm getting my much deserved beauty sleep, then enjoying the reveals at my own pace over breakfast. Much as I enjoy the reveals I'm not an influencer in need of getting a reaction video out there or something. 😅

• Like 6
  • Haha 2