The Rumour Thread

Analysing what we got so far from Warhound in terms of SCE leaks I think we can assume that we "saw" 80-85% of the box, right?

We seem to have all the units.

- 10 Liberators
- 3 Prosecutors
- 3 Paladins

And one of the heroes. If we compare it with previous releases we are just a bunch of heroes out of knowing the full SCE side.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Analysing what we got so far from Warhound in terms of SCE leaks I think we can assume that we "saw" 80-85% of the box, right?

We seem to have all the units.

- 10 Liberators
- 3 Prosecutors
- 3 Paladins

And one of the heroes. If we compare it with previous releases we are just a bunch of heroes out of knowing the full SCE side.

Whose to say everything we've seen is in the big box?

Some of those could be the rest of the SCE stuff that's going to be released with the launch of the edition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Did i miss anything? I just got to be father of a healthy boy after already having a 2 year old daughter. I feel blessed (and sleep deprived).

Its hard to keep up with this warhound, hes savage XD.

42 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Congrats to you! I’ve also became father of a boy 3 weeks ago. Now painting minis is a very hard and rare task, so I breathe rumours and hype at least😁

Congrats to you both!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I dunno - I find it very hard to believe they would squat an entire army this late into the game. I mean sure, it happened with Chorfs in end of 2nd but I don't think they received any support if I'm not mistaken.

I personally don't see it happening

Everything is possible. Remember the latest case with harlequins, who became part of aeldari codex in 40k. I know beastmen have plenty of units compared to space clowns, but still it can happen they become part of StD. I can see GW also want StD to be dark version of CoS, so it has full soup of different chaos units. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dindi said:

Whose to say everything we've seen is in the big box?

Some of those could be the rest of the SCE stuff that's going to be released with the launch of the edition. 

For me it is obvious. Everything we saw is from the big box, but yeah, no one confirmed it.

One awkward question with beast is that they're also a ToW army. And GW have been drawing some pretty heavy lines between ToW and AoS models. And beastmen and beast of chaos won't just share a few kits, it's currently basically the entire army.

7 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

If they genuinely scrap beasts then I’d also wonder about scrapping dark elves and dwarves from cities and maybe all the finecast ogor models - just clean house of legacy models - which to be honest it’s probably now time to do.

If I was to guess, I'd say it would be to retire the models to go off and do stuff in The Old World. If they were going to do anything with Beasts, it would probably be new range. 

24 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I dunno - I find it very hard to believe they would squat an entire army this late into the game. I mean sure, it happened with Chorfs in end of 2nd but I don't think they received any support if I'm not mistaken.

The difference at that time, a lot of the armies were still free warscrolls and GW weren't supporting Chaos Dwarfs as they were a Forgeworld range. The 2nd edition moved the game into more of what we see today after the early days of where there wasn't much of a framework apart from just use the models you like. But I 100% agree I don't think Beasts will go. Just get redesigned.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

If they genuinely scrap beasts then I’d also wonder about scrapping dark elves and dwarves from cities and maybe all the finecast ogor models - just clean house of legacy models - which to be honest it’s probably now time to do.

A bit late, but yeah. Make it clear what will stay in AOS.

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

If i should believe rumours i should have sold my Bonesplitterz. We would have gotten a duardin soup tome. Chorfs would never return. We would have seen a Kurnothi wave. Spider Incarnate........... I think Skaven have had their rumoured refresh since AoS launched. In the end its all just rumours and we just dont know. I know its not fun to have the rumours against you. Browsing this thread can be a curse too sometimes XD.

The only thing that was really true and it was proved by Workshop publishing part of the book in the WD was the Spider Incarnate.

I was claiming that the Kurnothi wave was really small and I was almost acussed of being delusional.

Bonesplitterz rumour was not originated by players, it is a problem that GW has created by himself removing them from the competitive game and ghosting them. We have examples like you didn't get a prize playing them on Worlds and they don't appear in Metawatch since months.

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

Bonesplitterz rumour was not originated by players, it is a problem that GW has created by himself removing them from the competitive game and ghosting them. We have examples like you didn't get a prize playing them on Worlds and they don't appear in Metawatch since months.

I think that issue was a combination of the data they were getting, people weren't playing them as much and they have probably already shifted to 4th edition at the time and it's difficult to support two systems without getting confused (yes I know there are ways round it but I also know how focus changes with projects!)

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

The warhound sad reacted my question. Beasts are being removed from AoS. I wish Games Workshop could go under without costing everyone else their toys because (this word goes against forum rules) that (this word goes against forum rules) company and its (this word goes against forum rules) cohort of incompetent (this word goes against forum rules) suits who don't give a (this word goes against forum rules) about the actual players and fans.

They don't deserve this world. (Warhammer not life).

I actually DM'd them with the intention on asking the same (think they may have thought I was trying to figure out their identity lol).

But I guess the writing is on the wall, considering the reacts and rumours that have been reacted to.

10 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think that issue was a combination of the data they were getting, people weren't playing them as much and they have probably already shifted to 4th edition at the time and it's difficult to support two systems without getting confused (yes I know there are ways round it but I also know how focus changes with projects!)

I got 2 more issues.

Its weird to me that 3/4 subfactions in the tome get mentioned and 1 left out, no other tome does that, not even CoS or GG.

The other thing is that it doesnt reflect Bonesplitterz models playrate as they are a part of Big Waaagh. The Wurrgog Prophet is seeing play for sure and pigs have been good for a while.

A bunch of weird GW choices and some confusion in the community and u get talk like this. 

I understand the fear of getting put into legends though. We are nearing the end of a cycle of refreshing all armies to a certain AoS standard and some subfactions and now BoC still have an unclear future. 4th will shed some much needed light of we are getting indexes. Thats what i am hoping for most this Adepticon, just more information about 4th and roadmaps for all systems.

Edited by Gitzdee

If things are going to get cut I guess an Index release would be the time to do it really. 

I think for some of minis it's been a matter of when not if (cities elves/dwarfs for example especially after the CoS release). Losing beast/savage orcs would be a shame though for sure. 

I guess all these BS and BoC concerns are quite wide and not something just from this forum, right? If so, it wouldn't surprise me that someone asked about it during the Adepticon Q&A session, so we could have an answer quite soon.

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

A bunch of weird GW choices imho. 

Yup but we've got 4th edition soon and we aren't privy to the thinking about how the studio is run when it comes to this, so I don't think we will ever know.

All I know is that I need to work out how I'm going to watch the preview and I think it will be either lunchtime tomorrow or in the evening. 😭

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yup but we've got 4th edition soon and we aren't privy to the thinking about how the studio is run when it comes to this, so I don't think we will ever know.

Wouldnt be weird to think that the part of the team focused on the 4th edition would be different from those working on the remaining 3rd edition bits, wouldn't it?

So, there is that Warhound rumour about USR. What do you expect?

I hope that the units still retain their flavour and the USR are not attached to weapon profiles like 40k. I don't have any problem if most interactions and bubbles go away and warscrolls become more powerful by their own merits.

Btw, what about heroes joining units? Anything to say about that?

6 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

All I know is that I need to work out how I'm going to watch the preview and I think it will be either lunchtime tomorrow or in the evening. 😭

It's at 2pm for me here, so perfect timing for that after lunch coffee!

On the topic of "are they or are they not from the big box" they still very well might not be. Same way we had dominion stuff, then range extension stuff shown off and all incorporated in the book so that there wasn't anything weirdly lingering that will be immediately replace, nor was there spoilers for something not officially announced.

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

So, there is that Warhound rumour about USR. What do you expect?

I hope that the units still retain their flavour and the USR are not attached to weapon profiles like 40k. I don't have any problem if most interactions and bubbles go away and warscrolls become more powerful by their own merits.

Btw, what about heroes joining units? Anything to say about that?

Personally I agree with you. I welcome USRs in a way that retains flavour and I hope they're not weapon attached either. The new 40K system is great and awful all at once.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

32 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Beastmen have fallen. Billions must sacrifice to the herdstone.

(Tbh I could see Beasts in S2D just like they did Kroot recently but that’s another debate entirely).

4th edition is going to make us look for the hidden cow level.

(Just hoping it doesnt turn out to be an underground party of Lumineth funny hats)

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Haha 1