The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

Honestly I'd be fine with the Silent Ones just being a Warcry and Underworlds warband to represent one of the smaller weird parts of the setting. Then if they're popular and GW think it has legs and popularity then expand them into a full faction for Destruction.

Reads like the best option for expanding the denizens of the mortal realms without having to make a too large up-front investment. 

I could totally see Kurnothi, Silent People, Ogor subcultures, and other displaced races fighting under the Cities of Sigmar banner as a warcry warband that may or may not be expanded on a few years down the line. Just the added versatility and world-building this would bring would be realm-shaking.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Captaniser said:

Reads like the best option for expanding the denizens of the mortal realms without having to make a too large up-front investment. 

I could totally see Kurnothi, Silent People, Ogor subcultures, and other displaced races fighting under the Cities of Sigmar banner as a warcry warband that may or may not be expanded on a few years down the line. Just the added versatility and world-building this would bring would be realm-shaking.

Kurnothi and firebellies could be at least handful of units for existing armies though (with allegiance like troggoths) if we think about Sylvaneth and Ogors.
Silent people seems "too alien" to have something to ally with even in a "tau auxiliaries" style.

4 hours ago, Luperci said:

Also Grungni doesn't seem to have a grudge against the KO for abandoning the old duardin way, I mean it was kinda his fault for leaving them in the age of chaos.

KO have embraced the creative and shaping part of the dwarf psyche, to the point were their science is so advanced they don't need gods anymore - is totally in line with the philosophy of Grungni, the dwarf god of the forge and by extension, creation and shaping. This is why KO are the Grungni duardins - not because they worship him but because they embraced his philosophy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

insectoid army crossed with japanese elements

I suspect the concept could have been used for Ossiarchs, they have bunch of "insect" and Japaneese elements to them, and some of their units look very stiff as if they were made for squares....hmmm....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luperci said:

a6iq45zyl4nc1.jpeg.f62ef081d801472f3de3d416fcde7ff0.jpeg

Is this art of the silent people in the latest white dwarf new? weird they get a mention after such a long period of silence(haha), it's a cool design though

I could totally see them being released into Warcry first. A brand new army right off the bat ? I don't really know, seems too good to be true. But Warcry is the perfect setting to introduce such a novel concept - test the waters for a potential bigger release later on. And I do think a Warcry band of Silent Ones would sell well. AoS players will want them to play them, 40k players to convert them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

I cannot picture Silent People inside CoS at all.

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I could totally see them being released into Warcry first. A brand new army right off the bat ? I don't really know, seems too good to be true. But Warcry is the perfect setting to introduce such a novel concept - test the waters for a potential bigger release later on. And I do think a Warcry band of Silent Ones would sell well. AoS players will want them to play them, 40k players to convert them. 

Everyone is saying Warcry, but I think nowadays we would see them before in Underworlds rather than in Warcry.

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Everyone is saying Warcry, but I think nowadays we would see them before in Underworlds rather than in Warcry.

Unfortunately I agree. For me Underworlds is the least interesting of the AOS games.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Unfortunately I agree. For me Underworlds is the least interesting of the AOS games.

It is not about being more or less interesting, is about Warcry being the little brother for AoS, giving him usable units and having less room to investigate. Probably Warcry is already set to renew units, like what happened with Gorgers, so Underworlds, with its less unit-like approach and chances to have different minis with different bases, could lead to more exploration and variation for the Silent People test.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I cannot picture Silent People inside CoS at all.

The snippet we got proves they have sapience (toolmaking, complex communication, appraising/observing). They seem to be

TBQH I think any sapient species can and should be able to live in a COS--we already have the precedent of not only Seraphon but Orruks living alongside humans/aelves/duardin. We also know Sigmar worship is not necessary. They could be similar to Reclaimed where it's a refugee/migrant situation.

If they also hate Chaos, there is absolutely some kind of room for them to ally with Order factions IMHO. Especially when we know there are non-Sigmar City States that are allowed to (co)exist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It is not about being more or less interesting, is about Warcry being the little brother for AoS, giving him usable units and having less room to investigate. Probably Warcry is already set to renew units, like what happened with Gorgers, so Underworlds, with its less unit-like approach and chances to have different minis with different bases, could lead to more exploration and variation for the Silent People test.

Exactly. Underworlds was to me, the designers able to go wild with new ideas and potential for the future.

Then Warcry kicked in the door once it was done just doing Chaos Warbands and opened the floodgates. 

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Underworlds is where GW experiments with new aesthetics and releases alternate hero sculpts.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

KO have embraced the creative and shaping part of the dwarf psyche, to the point were their science is so advanced they don't need gods anymore - is totally in line with the philosophy of Grungni, the dwarf god of the forge and by extension, creation and shaping. This is why KO are the Grungni duardins - not because they worship him but because they embraced his philosophy.

It's not how AoS works. Faction can't be described as Grungni duardins if he doesn't have some level of aythority over it. So right now the best candidate to be called as Grungni's faction are Gholemkind because he literally gave them life. But you are right KO are the one who he truly proud of and we already have so called "Rogue Admirals" who refuse to follow the Code and helping other Duardins all over the Mortal realms.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Exactly. Underworlds was to me, the designers able to go wild with new ideas and potential for the future.

Then Warcry kicked in the door once it was done just doing Chaos Warbands and opened the floodgates. 

Unless you make bands for KB, in which case you make more gutrippaz.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Silent Ones is a Destruction race.

Why are people so attached to this idea? The recnt white dwafrf article says they have sapience, and describes how instead of attacking they just observe the crusaders

• Like 3

Just now, Gutsu17 said:

Why are people so attached to this idea? The recnt white dwafrf article says they have sapience, and describes how instead of attacking they just observe the crusaders

Every Destruction race is sapient.

Also there is literally a Beastgrave card that says something along the lines of"from what little we know, the Silent People were an extremely violent people". 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

They are going out of Beastgrave at the same time that Kragnos stomp affected all the Destruction factions.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They are going out of Beastgrave at the same time that Kragnos stomp affected all the Destruction factions.

I could also see them just dropping them as a brand new faction, rather than teasing them outing Warcry/Underworlds. The shock/surprise of something brand new, I still remember the first time I saw the KO reveal video and I wasn't expecting that- could do the same with the Silent People. Could get Nid players into AoS [not the same but a similar vibe..], I think they could do well. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

It doesn't matter in which grand alliance the Silent People is. We know chorfs are coming, and presumably we would have Malerion after that. So if they are coming, we won't see them until at least... 2032? A lot of things can change until that.

Edited by Ejecutor