The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

You all know this axe is some base decoration for a new grot hero right?

Pr you know what.

it’s the axe of Skaa bloodtail. (Small story part that can be found in the book queek headtaker)

the character that never got his own model.

😂

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

You all know this axe is some base decoration for a new grot hero right?

We do have half a dwarf range refresh as Destruction statue-weapons and base decor...

So it's probably this one.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

To be fair, WHFB has sold better than 40k in some countries like Spain and Italy.

That's a lie, you just have to look at the numbers of participants in GTs like Talavera 40K and Fantasy in Spain.

And many players who didn't spend the money more than 15 years ago because Fantasy seemed expensive to them, aren't going to start spending it now buying new minis or AoS releases that are more expensive, with a different scale and having TOW with low prices or other cheaper alternatives instead.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

That's a lie, you just have to look at the numbers of participants in GTs like Talavera 40K and Fantasy in Spain.

And many players who didn't spend the money more than 15 years ago because Fantasy seemed expensive to them, aren't going to start spending it now buying new minis or AoS releases that are more expensive, with a different scale and having TOW with low prices or other cheaper alternatives instead.

I am not talking about the current situation, but about the past. WHFB objectively were more prominent in those countries once. Then obv stop selling, otherwise we wouldn't have Stormcasts.

9 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

Lol. 🙂

I don't know about you, but my disposable income is not the same as 15 years ago (luckly). Althought my free time decreased drastically.

About AoS vs TOW scale wise. GW has never been really consistent with scale between mini ranges, sometimes in the same army.

But the new CoS and StD scale perfectly fine with Empire and WoC.

image.png.bf84bbf8de54270c991c5a6e4a32f4fe.png

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

We do have half a dwarf range refresh as Destruction statue-weapons and base decor...

So it's probably this one.

All i know is that these REs are never what they seem. I think i never guessed right all these years. Time to try something different XD.

It could also be Skaven or any other faction fighting duardin on a daily bases.

Edit: Some loot on a new mancrusher gargant also an option.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Peacaf said:

You're right Fantasy was a bestseller and its audience still buys many miniatures.

What's more, Stormcasts sell because people use them to make conversations with knights of the realm on foot.

Legos have been used in 9th age tournaments, please let's be realistic.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here at all.

Are you not aware that people are buying both new and old models for TOW? Do you think thats not happening? Do you think the only people playing are old player with old armies. Because thats certainly not the case.

Edited by GhostShark

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

oh for those who where wondering if chaos warriors of aos are a possible way to play old world.

yes it does work considering the pictures of a friend of mine

ps: kruelboyz also have seen some rebasing

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_4530.png

Beautiful 🙂

If you like a mini / unit and it happens to be from GW AoS or from another company and don't play in GW shops or GW tournaments you can use it for TOW or any other game you like to play.

About the Kruelboyz, I think they actually look better ranked and on squares than on rounds. 😉 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

Beautiful 🙂

If you like a mini / unit and it happens to be from GW AoS or from another company and don't play in GW shops or GW tournaments you can use it for TOW or any other game you like to play.

About the Kruelboyz, I think they actually look better ranked and on squares than on rounds. 😉 

Yep.

funnily enough, I yet have to meet or see a gw store that wouldn’t allow one to use aos models (they produced)  in tow😂.

53 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

and while some models are slightly bigger them tow equivalent, it still works astonishing well 

also, what's the "baseline" size of TOW? For instance, I am a new player with no pre-existing collection. What's the baseline Wood Elf size since I literally cannot buy an official one? :D

as an aside, I am also generally not too bothered by different sizes as long as the difference is not huge: in my little personal experience of moving around Europe, my best friend from uni is 1.55m and the guy who stole my spot on the volleyball team was 2.06m (lanky ****** :D ) and they are both human, I think.

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Beautiful 🙂

There's something very pleasant about seeing those units piled together in square bases.

48 minutes ago, Beliman said:

- Scenario 4: 8th edition models stay with AoS, GW releases old sculpts for longbearers, hammerers and ironbreakers (ignore irondrakes), and this new rumour engine is a new Barak-Thryng hero. Win/win (/s)

You know what ? I think this is actually the most believable scenario ! This would be sooooo GW to try to resell old metal stuff for TOW.

Have the 8th edition dwarf minis been shown in the arcane journals and big books ? That would tell us a lot about GW’s plans for the TOW Dawi.

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You know what ? I think this is actually the most believable scenario ! This would be sooooo GW to try to resell old metal stuff for TOW.

Have the 8th edition dwarf minis been shown in the arcane journals and big books ? That would tell us a lot about GW’s plans for the TOW Dawi.

Yes, what we have not seen are the new StD Chaos Warriors in WoC.

image.png.d783a6ff0f5cd253386a775dd55cb58d.png

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You know what ? I think this is actually the most believable scenario !

I agree but don't want to believe it becase if so, we will have to wait a long time before getting new dwaves... 

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yes, what we have not seen are the new StD Chaos Warriors in WoC.

Is that the new ToW book? 

Edited by Vagard

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

I agree but don't want to believe it becase if so, we will have to wait a long time before getting new dwaves... 

No, it's not. Iron Drakes are a listed unit in Forces of Fantasy. Afaik this is a new unit introduced during 8th. There is no metal / old variant that they can use.

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

No, it's not. Iron Drakes are a listed unit in Forces of Fantasy. Afaik this is a new unit introduced during 8th. There is no metal / old variant that they can use.

**Dispossesed intensifies**

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Is that the new ToW book? 

It's from a youtube review about forces of fantasy. I have the books too. For WoC (Ravening Hordes), the only units that are currently AoS are chaos lord (reaperblade), lord on manticore and the spawns. All the rest is old stuff. But the mini's are not "new" AoS mini's.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

image.png.d783a6ff0f5cd253386a775dd55cb58d.png

First step done, current Ironbreakers and irondrakes are in TOW, as well as the runelord. So if my theory of minis will not be present in both games at the same time, maybe a dispossessed wave is on the way

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not talking about the current situation, but about the past. WHFB objectively were more prominent in those countries once. Then obv stop selling, otherwise we wouldn't have Stormcasts.

Yes, in the fifth, sixth edition and at the beginning of the seventh. Then the hegemony of 40k began.

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

First step done, current Ironbreakers and irondrakes are in TOW, as well as the runelord. So if my theory of minis will not be present in both games at the same time, maybe a dispossessed wave is on the way

I could be wrong, but I don't see GW release for AoS Chaos dwarfs, new CoS dwarfs and a much needed second wave for FS and KO in one edition. 

Edited by Tonhel
  • Sad 1