The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Europe warehouse: Ossiarch Battletome is Sold Out

Japan warehouse: Ossiarch and Idoneth Battletomes are Sold Out.

Oceania warehouse: Orruk Warclans Battletome is Sold Out

Index feelings...

In my personal opinion, I hope we get an index.
Increases the likelihood of USR, and other big changes that I would like to see.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Definitely think BOC will get updated. Would be a bad look to have an army that’s been in the game for almost 10 years get completely wiped without an alternative. 

I imagine it will be a cities type deal. Where a few kits will stay and the rest would be reimagined, revamped or redone. 

Seeing how they handle the Skaven launch will probably give us a solid idea of what to expect. 

The cities example won't really work here. Because the book was gigantic. And huge sections were purged entirely. Whats interesting about Cities is that they announced the purging in detail several months before it happened. So if its coming up we should see a post about it in the next two months.

So as a BOC player, your options aren't great, bc in likelihood one of the below is going to happen

Option 1 - You get an index/codex and your range is politely neglected for another 3 years with only occasional heroes/underworld kits. (see fyreslayers/idoneth)

Option 2 - You get a complete revamp. TOW continues with old models while AOS uses the new models. (see Humans in cities). Many of your old models are likely now obsolete. (unless you proxy them)

Option 3 - You go to legends (or get scattered to other factions like tzeentch) and remain a core TOW army. ( see wanderers )

If we are being objective, which seems the most likely? I would put my money on Option 1 or maybe Option 3. I just don't see Option 2 happening at all. Would be happy to be wrong though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Europe warehouse: Ossiarch Battletome is Sold Out

Japan warehouse: Ossiarch and Idoneth Battletomes are Sold Out.

Oceania warehouse: Orruk Warclans Battletome is Sold Out

Index feelings...

Gimme that index so i can start planning my next armies ! ! !

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I might be the outlier but I am hoping for Indexes. I find it more exciting to see a rewrite of everything at once and hopefully give everyone a better playing field and a more fun army to play with.

It's rather simple, really. Good index is better than old tomes which are better than bad index. Time will tell.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I hope if we get Indexhammer, it’s better balanced than what 40k got.

I think a lot of 40k players, myself included, think 10th edition 40k was the most botched edition change since end times/AOS 1.0.

They found a way to simultaneously suck the flavor, fun and balance out of the game all at once. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Landohammer said:

I think a lot of 40k players, myself included, think 10th edition 40k was the most botched edition change since end times/AOS 1.0.

They found a way to simultaneously suck the flavor, fun and balance out of the game all at once. 

I can say the only changes I think were good for 40k 10th were the reintroduction of USRs(although handled quite poorly) and the reduction of stratagems(honestly I wouldn't have minded them being completely cut)

• Like 1

Do you really want an index to come out and the army books to be useless after months or a little over a year?

It's normal that GW is more disgusting every day, if on top of that you give wings to this type of policies.

For my part, until I am sure that Bestias is not discontinued, I will not buy a miniature.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/10/2024 at 4:53 PM, willange said:

Sons of TGA! Of Morghur! My beast-brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of the weak manlings. A day may come when our tome is squatted, when we forsake our horns and break all bonds of the herdstone, but it is not this day. An hour of the man-god and shattered hooves when the Age of the beast comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we bray! By all that you hold dear on this foul earth, I bid you stand, Beasts of Chaos!

BAAAHH!!🐐🐄🔥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I feel like Indexes probably wouldn’t hurt the Bonereapers, if only because so long as we retain Relentless Discipline, Ranks Unbroken By Dissent, and Katakros’ signature ability doesn’t completely bite it, we’ll probably be able to weather any changes with relatively low discomfort. 

18 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I can say the only changes I think were good for 40k 10th were the reintroduction of USRs(although handled quite poorly) and the reduction of stratagems(honestly I wouldn't have minded them being completely cut)

Worst thing about the game is overwatch during enemy movement and the stripping of sub factions/chapters/legions. Along with the absurd amount of hotfixes they had to apply. It just killed a lot of interest in my local group. 

3 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

Do you really want an index to come out and the army books to be useless after months or a little over a year?

It's normal that GW is more disgusting every day, if on top of that you give wings to this type of policies.

For my part, until I am sure that Bestias is not discontinued, I will not buy a miniature.

Codex/Battletomes becoming obsolete is nothing new. Its been a thing for many years and ~3 year cycles are ALOT better than 5-10 year codex cycles. The index is the only fair way to allow everyone to play in an edition with overhauled rules.

Now one could argue that changing the rules to the point that old codexes become obsolete is a stupid idea. AOS 3.0 is overall in a great place and so I would probably agree with that. But indexes are not by their nature a bad thing necessarily. 

There are enough online resources that any of us could easily play AOS or 40k without a book in hand. They are completely optional. And as a TO I am more inclined to check the app or other resources for rulings than a hard copy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landohammer said:

A lot? Maybe. Depends on your definition. I don't think the vocal contingent you see online is any more representative and less anecdotal of a source than the extremely positive local reception I've been seeing. And for myself, this is the best edition 40k has ever had. That all has to do with the core rule changes, though. It made the indexes necessary, but the indexes themselves are of variable quality. I do think GW is moving in the right direction with fixes and updates to 10th, though.

With regards to AoS, I'm fine with indexes, but it will be a bit of a shame to ditch some of the amazing battletomes we've had in third by moving too far. 2023 imbalances aside, the battletomes this edition have largely been stellar IMO. I would honestly be fine with 3+ more years of 3e provided they fixed how they did seasons and made the on-ramp for new players easier.

Edited by RocketPropelledGrenade
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

I might be the outlier but I am hoping for Indexes. I find it more exciting to see a rewrite of everything at once and hopefully give everyone a better playing field and a more fun army to play with.

I have negative interest levels in an index edition because it's just another hint that we're getting changes similar to 10E 40K and I LOATHE most of the changes they made in 10E. I didn't even like 40K that much to start with, I just have zero desire to see similar changes made to AoS. I'm fully prepared to sit out the whole edition if it comes to that.

• Like 2

Yeah, if index does happen it all comes down to execution and hoping they looked at what made 40k stumble and avoid that(hopefully keeping the sub-factions and rules flavor in among those fixes)

The Ossiarch situation would be among the chief reasons they do it, get everyone invested at once with rules right out the Realmgate instead of faction veterans telling new players to wait 1 or 2 years before they get into the faction that interested them.

So only time will tell. Fingers crossed it’ll be AoS’ best and most streamlined edition yet with lore book filled goodness in the coming years for both battletomes & narrative books. 🤞 ️ 

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Crappy Valentines Day? Never fear, the Hammerhal Herald is here.

SUDVKSxhsfSLEqmV.jpg

Ahhh! Agony Aunt is back!

That made me way happier than I expected to see her again. 😄

One day I hope they fully reinstate the Hammerhal page again, loved these articles.

(personally still find it funny almost no one got the joke during Broken Realms that the Hammerhal Herald news on DoK concert traveling to the Living City was sold out. Players were thinking it was a hint that Morathi-Khaine was plotting against Alarielle but the lore joke is Verdia is a male continent with mostly native men that has to wait until mating season until it hooks up with the female continent and it’s lady population to mate. So a bunch of beautiful DoK on tour was like water in the desert to them. 😂)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

A lot? Maybe. Depends on your definition. I don't think the vocal contingent you see online is any more representative and less anecdotal of a source than the extremely positive local reception I've been seeing. And for myself, this is the best edition 40k has ever had. That all has to do with the core rule changes, though. It made the indexes necessary, but the indexes themselves are of variable quality. I do think GW is moving in the right direction with fixes and updates to 10th, though.

With regards to AoS, I'm fine with indexes, but it will be a bit of a shame to ditch some of the amazing battletomes we've had in third by moving too far. 2023 imbalances aside, the battletomes this edition have largely been stellar IMO. I would honestly be fine with 3+ more years of 3e provided they fixed how they did seasons and made the on-ramp for new players easier.

All I can speak for is my local scene. And while there are quite a variety of opinions regarding 10th, I don't think any of my 30-40 local players would call it "the best edition". Not even close. But I will agree to disagree. 

However I 100% will agree with you on AOS tho. If they revamped Battle Tactics and Grands and continue rolling out the battlescrolls I would have zero problem playing AOS for another couple years. Its in a really good place. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

battletomes this edition have largely been stellar IMO.

Lmao. I play dok, skaven or lumineth. I got three damm faqs at the price of tomes.

Idk was interesting but undertuned, gitz was crazy overtuned, slaanesh and seraphon had a terrible internal balance and obr was broken to the point that anyone wanted to play against me.

The only book I think was well made, equal fun and competitive that i have played is slaves

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Lmao. I play dok, skaven or lumineth. I got three damm faqs at the price of tomes.

Idk was interesting but undertuned, gitz was crazy overtuned, slaanesh and seraphon had a terrible internal balance and obr was broken to the point that anyone wanted to play against me.

The only book I think was well made, equal fun and competitive that i have played is slaves

I think this edition the tomes started fairly good and increased in quality as we went along, peaking at StD. Then, well then things started going downhill fairly rapidly. First the Gits being ridiculously OP, then both Slaanesh and khorne, then OBR and SBG, then Seraphon (Starborn, lets be clear, are the issue here)

• Like 1

I liked balance within the Nighthaunt tome the most when it was released, at least from the armies i played. It fell off a bit in the end though. Flavourful abilities and special rules and pretty balanced powerlevel units.

If 4th edition doesnt do it ill just stick to playing 3rd edition for a while. There is a lot there for me to keep playing/exploring. It could be better, but imho 3rd was pretty good as far as editions go for GW games.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

All I can speak for is my local scene. And while there are quite a variety of opinions regarding 10th, I don't think any of my 30-40 local players would call it "the best edition". Not even close. But I will agree to disagree. 

However I 100% will agree with you on AOS tho. If they revamped Battle Tactics and Grands and continue rolling out the battlescrolls I would have zero problem playing AOS for another couple years. Its in a really good place. 

Fair enough! To be clear, I wasn't trying to argue you should or had to agree about 40k, just that I don't think any of us have a clear picture of overall sentiment.

32 minutes ago, Ragest said:

6 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I think this edition the tomes started fairly good and increased in quality as we went along, peaking at StD. Then, well then things started going downhill fairly rapidly. First the Gits being ridiculously OP, then both Slaanesh and khorne, then OBR and SBG, then Seraphon (Starborn, lets be clear, are the issue here)

I'm largely in tune with Goatforce here. We had a ton of very flavorful battletomes where the mechanics lined up with the lore, with S2D being the peak or something close to it. I personally don't hold Gitz as having flawed battletome design though, just flawed points values. Khorne, OBR, and SBGL are closer to being outright bad design, but even there I'd go to bat and say they just live out their fantasy too well and should have been reined in sooner. The only battletomes this entire edition I would actually rate as bad design are Slaanesh (Temptation Dice are a huge chore on both sides, plus too much shooting for their ride fast, die hard aesthetic and theming) and Seraphon (which could be fixed by making the divide between Coaelesced and Starborn closer to OWC style with separate winrate tracking and balancing the units as if they were separate warscrolls per version).

• Like 1