The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

I agree about not being that interested in the Gitmob, they do however feel very out of place in the Gloomspite tome. Having just 2 Gitmob units (snarlfang riders and rippa's snarlfangs) in there without any synergy is dumb. But adding another entire faction to the Gloomspite tome would make it even more of a mess than it currently is with the amount of armies crammed in there. I'd rather they expand on something like Troggoths first to flesh them out beyond Dankhold, Rockgut and Trugg.

Grotbag Scuttlers however... now that's something wacky I really want to see a full army of.

Something that's also quite out of place about them is that they have zero connection to the Bad Moon. Remember that the reason why the Glomspite are called like that is because they worship or have a connection to the Bad Moon, and the Gitmob have none of that.

29 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

J'espère vraiment que GW publiera une feuille de route pour AoS lors de la quatrième version. Quelqu'un se souvient quand nous avons reçu la feuille de route 40k après le 10ème lancement ? 

Au fait, j'adore entendre parler de nouveaux Troggs et je suis toujours tenté à ce jour de reprendre les Troggs après avoir vendu ma première armée. 

Games have release a roadmap at Warhammer Fest 2023 after showing Leviathan box set.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I could be talking complete ****** as I don't know the theme that much, but what about the spider theme being completely removed and replaced by Gitmob?

It has been mentioned that the Gloom tome is quite messy and bloated, but it still includes a lot of WHFB minis. That includes all the spider-theming stuff (apart from the endless spells which are partially themed with Spiders).

Nothing spider-related has been released for AoS so far, right? I know they had a big presence in some phases of the Realmgate Wars, were they important at any other point?

My points here are:

1) Old minis as I said.
2) Lack of spider releases.
3) GW don't mind doing some lore cuts to fit their refreshes, so maybe there's an option.

Thoughts?

I for one absolutely love the Spiderfang, they, just like other Factions have already done, just need updates. Not even that many.

The Arachnarok is still a literal beast of a kit so much so that my arachnaphobia is set off sometimes by them.

Update the Spider Riders and Spider Boss, add in a medium sized Spider as a unit of 3 and maybe an infantry option and that subfaction is complete.

38 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I really hope GW puts out a roadmap for AoS when 4th releases. Anyone  remember when we got the 40k roadmap after the 10th launch? 

Wasn't this specifically because 10th was a reset and moved from Battletomes (or whatever they're called in the grimdark future) to indexes so at launch no one had a valid Tome?

41 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I really hope GW puts out a roadmap for AoS when 4th releases. Anyone  remember when we got the 40k roadmap after the 10th launch? 

btw I love hearing about new Troggs and I am still tempted to this day to pick up Troggs again after selling my first army. 

Not after: the roadmap for 40k's 10th was released before the actual launch, if I remember correctly

Also, 10th was a huge reset for 40k, so they needed to anounce a lot of codexes very early and very quickly

Edited by Garrac
  • Thanks 1

Legions Imperialis and Leviathan stand-alone pre-orders next week. However...

Here at Warhammer Community, the return of Hammerhal Herald digs up dating advice and hopeful classifieds from the Mortal Realms, while missives from the Horus Heresy dig into The Great Slaughter for a closer look at its lore and rules. Finally, the long-awaited Battlescroll drops this week with Metawatch commentary from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar studio.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I am incredibly confused... We are getting a book about Knights and Titans in LI.... But they are not releasing the big Knight and Titan boxes they advertised would be coming 6+ months ago with it? Eh? Also pretty sure there are several Titans which aren't being sold again yet, but they aren't coming back with the book based on Titans? What is happening?

Oh well, am very excited for Battlescroll!

Edited by Goatforce

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Hammerhal Herald nous dira que Hammerhal n'est en aucun cas menacé par une armée du Chaos et que vous ne devriez pas vous inquiéter des rumeurs sommaires sur ce qui se passe à Cinderfall.

Where's Cinderfall ?

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

C'est un secteur d'Hammerhall, celui impliqué dans l'enquête de Callis & Toll. C'est pourquoi leurs minis s'appellent C&T, Saviors of Cinderfall.

about this, how is Callis and how is Toll ?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Danaork said:

i will said "who" and "who" sorry.

It's an exploration of the people and dark places of the Mortal Realms, far from the front lines of war. Witch Hunter Hanniver Toll and his companion, former Freeguild soldier Armand Callis, brave the deadly seas and jungles of the Taloncoast as they try to prevent their nemesis, Ortam Vermyre, from seizing an artefact that can reshape reality.

From Callis and Toll: The Silver Shard's summary.

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I could be talking complete ****** as I don't know the theme that much, but what about the spider theme being completely removed and replaced by Gitmob?

It has been mentioned that the Gloom tome is quite messy and bloated, but it still includes a lot of WHFB minis. That includes all the spider-theming stuff (apart from the endless spells which are partially themed with Spiders).

Nothing spider-related has been released for AoS so far, right? I know they had a big presence in some phases of the Realmgate Wars, were they important at any other point?

My points here are:

1) Old minis as I said.
2) Lack of spider releases.
3) GW don't mind doing some lore cuts to fit their refreshes, so maybe there's an option.

Thoughts?

I dont think Gitmob would ally with Gitz for a long time. Also love this art.

20240211_201343.jpg.cec7e6527e2e8ac63fa441a57cd62c46.jpg

I dont think the tome is messy and bloated at all. I like it much better than Orruk Warclans. Each of the Subfactions feel really different and fun imho and u dont get punished that hard for mixing them.

This is just a random thought i just had. Could Kruleboyz maybe share a tome with Gitmob? I feel like their designs match really well. I could see Spiderfang moved out of Gloomspite Gitz, but not replaced by Gitmob. I feel like Bonesplittetz and Spiderfang would be the best combo. But i know there isnt enough space in the GW schedule to make this all happen. I give Glareface Frazzlegitz the best chance because its been name dropped a lot this edition, hopefully together with Grotbag.

Edit: i like the AoS lore of the Spiderfang so far. Hope they get a refresh some day. The Arachnarok is still a beautifull kit.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I dont think Gitmob would ally with Gitz for a long time. Also love this art.

20240211_201343.jpg.cec7e6527e2e8ac63fa441a57cd62c46.jpg

I dont think the tome is messy and bloated at all. I like it much better than Orruk Warclans. Each of the Subfactions feel really different and fun imho and u dont get punished that hard for mixing them.

This is just a random thought i just had. Could Kruleboyz maybe share a tome with Gitmob? I feel like their designs match really well. I could see Spiderfang moved out of Gloomspite Gitz, but not replaced by Gitmob. I feel like Bonesplittetz and Spiderfang would be the best combo. But i know there isnt enough space in the GW schedule to make this all happen. I give Glareface Frazzlegitz the best chance because its been name dropped a lot this edition, hopefully together with Grotbag.

Even a weirder and more random theory. Open to share BT with someone else, what about Gitmob playing a role with Chorfs? They could have been something temporary with GSG and once we have chorfs move them in their BT.

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even a weirder and more random theory. Open to share BT with someone else, what about Gitmob playing a role with Chorfs? They could have been something temporary with GSG and once we have chorfs move them in their BT.

How would they be allied to Chorfs? Dont really see any connection there. Am i missing something? Fighting chaos is what greenskins do best, its how the mortal realms survived archaon/ end times right? Grots also have a long history with Skaven, might be a nice segway of an early 4th edition tome for the grots.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2