The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Snarff said:

I'm hoping for Warcry this pre-order. It's got beautiful models, really fun rules, great game length and table size and it's very accessible. With the new focus on other warbands besides chaos, it's genuinely become my favourite system. I like that the two sidegames are now connected to AoS in the narrative too, really helps flesh out the lore. I can't wait to see which realm they do next (though I'll always keep hoping for a proper Aqshy terrain set from Warcry).

We have not heard any leaks on the last warbands on the roadmap right? Or when the Nighthaunt and Lumineth are supposed to be releasing?

3 hours ago, Sception said:
  Hide contents

Project202402101214.jpg.95917951c8a9005c6014caa8992db2cf.jpg

Project202402101213.jpg.0a830f395c237d0ab8ba562072d62f1d.jpg

Had my first game of warcry just last week.  Was a lot of fun, & yeah, way more manageable game size to paint/play.  I just hope the current season wraps up soon & we get a different theme for terrain.

Honestly the new Warcry Warbands get me more excited than some of the mainline AOS releases.

I cannot wait to see what the next Warbands are.

Im hoping we move onto Ulgu and get a look at some;

Morai-Heg Aelves.

Idoneth Deepkin.

Kharadron Scouting Party.

Gloomspite Spider-Fang Raiders.

Skaven Moulder creations.

Ossiarch Tithe Bringers.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Guesses for tomorrow's preorder announcement? It feels like it is Kill Team time for me.

The last Kill Team box only came out four weeks ago and these are supposed to be quarterly releases, it's way too soon for the next one.

Warcry feels more likely, given that Hunter & Hunted was now four months ago.

Edited by Halandaar
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly the new Warcry Warbands get me more excited than some of the mainline AOS releases.

I cannot wait to see what the next Warbands are.

Im hoping we move onto Ulgu and get a look at some;

Morai-Heg Aelves.

Idoneth Deepkin.

Kharadron Scouting Party.

Gloomspite Spider-Fang Raiders.

Skaven Moulder creations.

Ossiarch Tithe Bringers.

Last but not least : Umbraneth/Malerion elves/Ulguroth Legionnaires 🌑🏴‍☠️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Garrac said:

Please, no. We need more Eshin or Pestilens refreshes.

Sad React from @Whitefang themselves.

Personally for me Clan Eshin was always my least favourite of the Clans, not that I dont like the Assassin side of Skaven No-No just that an army of Assassins seems...pointless?

There really isnt a need for Gutter Runners and Night Runners so I wouldnt be suprised to see Eshin have those units become one.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally for me Clan Eshin was always my least favourite of the Clans, not that I dont like the Assassin side of Skaven No-No just that an army of Assassins seems...pointless?

There really isnt a need for Gutter Runners and Night Runners so I wouldnt be suprised to see Eshin have those units become one.

Same aplies to Verminus and Masterclan, you look at them, and think, why is it even a thing?

• Sad 1

What are the odds we get kurnothi in Warcry? That seems like kind of the best fit for how they’ve been described, and it’s extremely weird we got one as the POV character in a dawnbringers story and had them be the bulk of Belthanos’ forces in the actual dawnbringers book he appears in, but still have no models for them (Belthanos’ dawnbringer box even comes with spiteriders for some reason, despite them not appearing in his lore or the dawnbringer book they’re supposed to tie into, which feels so odd)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Togetak said:

What are the odds we get kurnothi in Warcry? That seems like kind of the best fit for how they’ve been described, and it’s extremely weird we got one as the POV character in a dawnbringers story and had them be the bulk of Belthanos’ forces in the actual dawnbringers book he appears in, but still have no models for them (Belthanos’ dawnbringer box even comes with spiteriders for some reason, despite them not appearing in his lore or the dawnbringer book they’re supposed to tie into, which feels so odd)

I think there's a high chance for Silvaneth to get a Kurnothi warband, but it won't be the type of Kurnothi that you have in mind. It would be, IMO, the Kurnothis we are getting. Tree-men like Kurnoth worshipers.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Halandaar said:

The last Kill Team box only came out four weeks ago and these are supposed to be quarterly releases, it's way too soon for the next one.

Warcry feels more likely, given that Hunter & Hunted was now four months ago.

To be fair, the Kill Team box that came out before this last one came out in May. That's a 7 month gap. Most people seem to agree there was a delay and Salvation should have come out last year.

Plus, they have had Warcry and Kill Team go up for preorder on the same day before. There's no reason that couldn't happen again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gutsu17 said:

Same aplies to Verminus and Masterclan, you look at them, and think, why is it even a thing?

I can see Verminus getting focus.

Some of the stronger elite martial elements are under them and they recently got badass lore when Sigmar’s tempest broke upon the Realms and the Stormcast Eternals took all chaos by surprise across the Realms their clan’s holding actions until Chaos got momentum back was the only reason the Skaven weren’t exterminated completely from the Realms(which is a nice build upon RGW saying since the start the Stormcast had slain countless billions of Skaven, so getting reaffirmation on those numbers and a reason why they survived that was nice) 

They might make make Skryre, Pestilens & Verminus the main clans for now as an easier objective to focus on(and a theme of 3 like their gnaw-holes). It was always hopium we’d get a massive refresh of everything, especially now when they’re biting off more demands than they can chew.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sealven said:

To be fair, the Kill Team box that came out before this last one came out in May. That's a 7 month gap. Most people seem to agree there was a delay and Salvation should have come out last year.

Plus, they have had Warcry and Kill Team go up for preorder on the same day before. There's no reason that couldn't happen again. 

Yeah, per the roadmap Salvation was originally supposed to be out last autumn, and Nightmare this winter season (ie. next two weeks).

Salvation missed its slot by at least a month-and-a-half, but maybe Nightmare gets back on schedule?

//

(Also, Into the Dark released on Sept 10th 2022, and was quickly followed by Shadowvaults on October 22nd 2022. Five weeks later.)

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think there's a high chance for Silvaneth to get a Kurnothi warband, but it won't be the type of Kurnothi that you have in mind. It would be, IMO, the Kurnothis we are getting. Tree-men like Kurnoth worshipers.

Imo that would make everything even weirder, considering how much focus the centaur and faun aelves have gotten and the way they’re tied so heavily to Belthanos.

The imagery used recently with the art from the WD short story and the stuff in dawnbringers/the warcom short story probably blends the aesthetic better than Skaeth’s stuff, they’re depicted with like wooden antlers cracking out of their skin and wounds being healed over by bark flesh to give them wooden claw arms or patches of moss and bark across their skin, but they’re all still non-sylvaneth being transformed by into Skaeth style kurnothi by the power of the wild hunt & Ghyran magic that flows through it. Focusing so heavily on that stuff and then going “here’s Questor Soulsworn but Kurnoth Hunters” when we get kurnothi models would be strange

Edited by Togetak
  • Like 4

Random thoughts. 

2023-12-07.PNG.01f7461798caff46243b9f1f0147956e.PNG

2023-12-12.PNG.47b8aaefc673e18eaa8873fd3b7d6ac8.PNG

I think these two may in fact be gitmob. Here's my thoughts. 

First off the top image has a jaggedy blade but this is also similar to hobgrot weaponry but I think this is more so to reflect the sun (aka: glareface snazzlegit). It also has a round object behind it or on top depending on the angle that looks very similar to a snarlfang shield rim. 

The second image contains an arm damn near identical to the snarlfang riders and any of the Kruleboyz grots. 

Both images are very reminiscent of Kruleboyz aesthetic and its pretty obvious the same sculptor(s) did the grots for the kruleboyz and snarlfang kits.so it would make sense that more snarlfang would have similar design wok to a degree or two. 

Just same rando late night musing from a greenskin fan. 

Could be wrong but I dd totally get it right on the kroot spear tip markings. 😜🤘

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Rat ninjas are fun, like, come on!

Also: f

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cyrus said:

Rumors says Skryre and Moulder 🐁🐀

I still dont know how much trustworthy is the SG warhound, but he wasnt talking about warcry either way. None of the units he talked about fit on warcry unless you want a stormvermin warband.

Edited by Garrac

Moulder’s so iffy to me. On one hand that would fit the Ghur focus and especially whatever’s going down in Gnarlwoods building up mutative energies(which could be 4th’s link back to Ghur with new Bonesplitterz hunting these twisted wretches)

But dang has so much stuff been Skryre & Pestilens focused I’d lean on them instead. But who knows? Maybe getting unlocking one of the 13 plagues thanks to Kragnos’ stolen fur was their win for these editions and will be built up for something down in 5th?

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Random thoughts. 

2023-12-07.PNG.01f7461798caff46243b9f1f0147956e.PNG

2023-12-12.PNG.47b8aaefc673e18eaa8873fd3b7d6ac8.PNG

I think these two may in fact be gitmob. Here's my thoughts. 

First off the top image has a jaggedy blade but this is also similar to hobgrot weaponry but I think this is more so to reflect the sun (aka: glareface snazzlegit). It also has a round object behind it or on top depending on the angle that looks very similar to a snarlfang shield rim. 

The second image contains an arm damn near identical to the snarlfang riders and any of the Kruleboyz grots. 

Both images are very reminiscent of Kruleboyz aesthetic and its pretty obvious the same sculptor(s) did the grots for the kruleboyz and snarlfang kits.so it would make sense that more snarlfang would have similar design wok to a degree or two. 

Just same rando late night musing from a greenskin fan. 

Could be wrong but I dd totally get it right on the kroot spear tip markings. 😜🤘

I hope u are right so much. What kind of units do u think we will get for Gitmob? I hope we get:

AoS version of Grom, big grot riding a big sandworm.

Shaman riding a Scorpion

Rock lobber/ Doomdiver hydrid

Some kind of desert glider/catamaran.

Grot mob with nasty skulkers

Yes i really hope they go with a desert theme here.

Another option would be a sky pirates theme making a combo with grotbag.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I hope u are right so much. What kind of units do u think we will get for Gitmob? I hope we get:

AoS version of Grom, big grot riding a big sandworm.

Shaman riding a Scorpion

Rock lobber/ Doomdiver hydrid

Some kind of desert glider/catamaran.

Grot mob with nasty skulkers

Yes i really hope they go with a desert theme here.

Doomdiver & glider are probably taken by Grotbag Scuttlers with their Wingboyz but it would be cool to see the giant Grindworms from the Realmgate Wars show up again after how deadly they were in the Bone Sea being able to swallow a gore-gruntaz & Ironjawz rider at once(could bring back “grindworm arrows” too that the Jercho city soldiers used made from their teeth)

Would also be cool to see them use rogue spirit constructs since Gitmob inhabit both Ghur & Hysh. Ghur has some Soulbound notes that it’s land spirits can be channeled like those of the Alarith to inhabit masked constructs and Hysh has some stories were the spirits went mad from inhabiting the wrong thing like a mountain spirit possessing an old broken wall so it attacked travelers out of pain as a walking pile of rubble and flying bricks.

So Gitmob shamans could do something with that to make more sun-beast looking spirit golems.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Garrac said:

Please, no. We need more Eshin or Pestilens refreshes.

A shame as the plague monks for the underworld set are perfect. I wish they would redo the plague monks to that level. Hopefully the Skaven refresh will not lead to less options / play styles.

• Like 2

@Gitzdee Me too! 

Outside of refreshed classics I'd love a snarlfang war coach. Think like how the black coach was turned up to eleven with its refresh and just imagine a four fang strong armored up gitmob coach overflowing with grots!! Could be used as a transport or equipped with some devastating weaponry. 

I hoping the theme is speed for them with a snarfang as battline. Throw in a foot troop kit for good measure and for something the coach can dump a squad in your opponents face with. Hell, they could become nasty skulkers.

All heros get mounted as well. 

Never heard of the worms but your deep insightfullness of AoS lore, @Baron Klatz, is always a joy to read. And the bits on Hysh magic is pretty rad. 

Gimmie da grots! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Moulder’s so iffy to me. On one hand that would fit the Ghur focus and especially whatever’s going down in Gnarlwoods building up mutative energies(which could be 4th’s link back to Ghur with new Bonesplitterz hunting these twisted wretches

Rat ogres feel like a pretty safe bet for a refreshed kit, that and a new master moulder could make a good warcry team, think a low model count one similar to the gorgers. A master moulder, 1 or 2 apprentice skaven, 3 rat ogres and a couple bases of rat swarms.

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Doomdiver & glider are probably taken by Grotbag Scuttlers with their Wingboyz but it would be cool to see the giant Grindworms from the Realmgate Wars show up again after how deadly they were in the Bone Sea being able to swallow a gore-gruntaz & Ironjawz rider at once(could bring back “grindworm arrows” too that the Jercho city soldiers used made from their teeth)

Would also be cool to see them use rogue spirit constructs since Gitmob inhabit both Ghur & Hysh. Ghur has some Soulbound notes that it’s land spirits can be channeled like those of the Alarith to inhabit masked constructs and Hysh has some stories were the spirits went mad from inhabiting the wrong thing like a mountain spirit possessing an old broken wall so it attacked travelers out of pain as a walking pile of rubble and flying bricks.

So Gitmob shamans could do something with that to make more sun-beast looking spirit golems.

A reimagined rogue idol for gitz would be very cool 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1