The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

While it is a cool concept, please GW, stop replicating everything from Marines into SCE. Thanks. AoS players won't carry your company only purchasing Sigmarines

It's true but you know....

It's only one time each three years. Let's them give us Stormcast and we won't see them until the end of the 4th edition. GW won't release a Stormcast Lieutnant each month. image.png.32f7d00cdf8e4b7e353e2363bd78607a.png

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

What about death as protagonist in 4th

isnt the spire that mute dwarfs are bulding in the last Dawnbringers chronicles made out of stone that is brought from Shyish? What if the new "SCE Deathcompany" are made with death magic?

Edited by Gutsu17

I would definitely love  some Death Company style Stormcast.

Succumbing to a storm filled rage after too many reforgings, turning into Slayer esque doom seekers. They will earn a final death but of course that means by unleashing their last fury against the biggest, most numerous foes there is. And then once they're defeated, they literally explode taking even more of the enemy with them.

Maybe guided by a Relictor or something. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I would definitely love  some Death Company style Stormcast.

Succumbing to a storm filled rage after too many reforgings, turning into Slayer esque doom seekers. They will earn a final death but of course that means by unleashing their last fury against the biggest, most numerous foes there is. And then once they're defeated, they literally explode taking even more of the enemy with them.

I'm all for it because SCE without golden plate armour ? Sign me up. One of the reasons Ionus was a breath of fresh air was to see a dude that wore black with bones and skulls next to the studio's SCE army where all the others are golden.

I wanna see some shirtless gigachad SCE berserkers so the army can have a more varied palette - they would denote well next to virtually all SCE units (yeah even the Sacrosanct ones with their togas). 

• LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I wanna see some shirtless gigachad SCE berserkers so the army can have a more varied palette - they would denote well next to virtually all SCE units (yeah even the Sacrosanct ones with their togas). 

image.png.23d9f44065945561eb2ea9b506aff880.pngPaint their skin in a human tone and convert their head.

And tada, you have new stormcast berzerkers ! 

• Haha 3

Some death magic is possible between Lethis & the Tower built in Relictor specifications.

Could be the “Death” Company is AoSified by them being more skull-headed like the other Relictors to mark that they’re pulling powers from Shyish and following Ionus’ armor pattern.

Could even be bulkier to nod to his older form.

image0.jpg?ex=65d41d4e&is=65c1a84e&hm=da

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I saw the Soulbound stuff a couple years back, but is the PTG part from our 3e tome?

Yes.

IMG_2407.jpg?ex=65d7ae35&is=65c53935&hm=
IMG_2406.jpg?ex=65d7ae35&is=65c53935&hm=

IMG_2408.jpg?ex=65d7ae35&is=65c53935&hm=

40 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

While it is a cool concept, please GW, stop replicating everything from Marines into SCE. Thanks. AoS players won't carry your company only purchasing Sigmarines.

They’ll probably heavily magicify it to stand out.

There’s already lore on that kind of reforge stage makes you more like a automaton than a berserker so probably closer to ruthless cold machine men than crazed zealots.

Also could push harder into Stormcast having Azyr magic make up their lost humanity(thus why also colder like space) so them manifesting lightning and unleashing their soul fires will come at the cost of humanity.

With stuff like Soul fire & the Tower in Aqshy the Chamber could be very Fire themed as well with the whole Last Blaze of Glory theme for those few wills who fell between the cracks of immortality.(also I imagine them super elite with that power so they aren’t just “standard marines” with a different color)

IMG_2409.jpg?ex=65d7ae36&is=65c53936&hm=

Example:

49 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

No way. There’s no bloody way they’re gonna do Nagash dirty with the Skaven AGAIN! 

Tbf, it could be Nagash vs Chaos Duardin half-way through. Remember the 2018 Corebook(and current one) and now the recent Ossiarch tome notes they’re becoming a problem in Shyish.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

While not as well established as the heresy, the idea of deathcast vs stormcast is possibly more interesting than SM vs CSM. A huge point could be that deathcast get cured of the reforging problems, which creates interesting motivations, as they need to struggle with their duty and faith, or their sense of self. To push things even further they can still continue the fight against chaos alongside nagash, so maybe siding with nagash will make them more effective in the fight against chaos since they might retain their memories etc.

• LOVE IT! 1

That's it, I had an epiphany.

We haven't had any news from Arkhan since his fight with Teclis, haven't we.

What if Sigmar discreetly recovered Arkhan's soul/essence while Nagash was exhausted, and told him something like this:
-So, you want Nagash and I to be friends again?

-Yes?

-Well, fix these guys for me with your witchcraft coming from Nagash and maybe we'll find a solution to resolve his ego problem.

- Yes yes ! (Arkhan is secretly a Skaven and he's going to ****** everything up by putting warpstone in the stormcasts)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

What about death as protagonist in 4th

With Nagash and Arkhan both currently "dead," I would love if this edition focused on that GA! Either in the context of "how are things with these factions that were very much on Nagash's short leash" or "how are the Death factions acting/reacting without Nagash and Arkhan breathing down their necks?"

Olynder is a wildcard, Katakros is struggling with his wound from Archaon, Ushoran is back and active with some sort of plan he's hiding, Neferata is seemingly on the backfoot; a mention about her and Mannfred at war and she's now very much been duped by the ghouls, Mannfred has... not done much? He's arguably the protagonist of the first act of the End Times and I cant remember much at all that he's been up to in AoS; very exciting stuff narratively!

7 minutes ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

That's it, I had an epiphany.

We haven't had any news from Arkhan since his fight with Teclis, haven't we.

What if Sigmar discreetly recovered Arkhan's soul/essence while Nagash was exhausted, and told him something like this:
-So, you want Nagash and I to be friends again?

-Yes?

-Well, fix these guys for me with your witchcraft coming from Nagash and maybe we'll find a solution to resolve his ego problem.

- Yes yes ! (Arkhan is secretly a Skaven and he's going to ****** everything up by putting warpstone in the stormcasts)

The only problem with this is that Arkhan’s soul is still very much active- He lacks a body but can manifest out of a massive sandstorm, and probably wouldn’t be too keen on working with the Lumineth unless they stay out of Shyish. 

10 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

A huge point could be that deathcast get cured of the reforging problems

except even if Nagash DID fix Reforging flaws, he would never ever let 'Deathcast' retain their humanity and memories? At least in any non-torture-you-forever type of way.

• Like 1

Just now, ScionOfOssia said:

The only problem with this is that Arkhan’s soul is still very much active- He lacks a body but can manifest out of a massive sandstorm, and probably wouldn’t be too keen on working with the Lumineth unless they stay out of Shyish. 

I'm going to continue to hope that the Morghast wing we saw is actually a reboot of Arkhan's sick flying chariot from the early days!

With TOW in play, he'd be one that could pull double duty as a Tomb Kings character as well; especially if they didn't Ossiarch him too too hard aesthetically

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

except even if Nagash DID fix Reforging flaws, he would never ever let 'Deathcast' retain their humanity and memories? At least in any non-torture-you-forever type of way.

Keeping their humanity and memories, but being forced to serve under nagash is a kind of torture is it not?
Like sure, maybe nagash lets them fight chaos, but at some point they'll inevitably be forced to fight the followers of sigmar as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Eh, I do get why they’re working this reforged death company/slayer/flagellant angle, it’s been in the works as even by the end of 1st ed the reforging flaws were introduced to make stormcast less boring.

But it really is very obvious angle to take and to my mind the whole “half-mad suicide troops seeking absolution in death” thing is maybe the most played out trope in GW’s IP. Maybe the execution will save it but eh.

Yeah, this is copying 40K for 100%. SCE = SM. That said if the mini's are cool and the 4th edition ruleset is good. I am ready for some Sigmarines. 😉

Edited by Tonhel
  • Confused 1

Seeing all of you panicking over the slight chance of BoC getting squatted, this really is the proof that End Times was a high risk bet that comes once and again to bite GW executives that inherited Kirby's management: now their clients are insecure over the long term because, once you end a universe, wheres the limit?

They must be tired of the constant fear of their fanbase over anything they do.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jator said:

They totally can reasure costumers that BoC will stay, there's no reason for them not to deny it and let people get discouraged from buying more miniatures...unless doing so will make them look bad when the culling/"reinvention"  happens, specially if it's in short term.

The easiest way to test this would be to ask the same question about a faction we can be pretty well 100% sure isn't going to be removed and see if they answer it the same way. Either S2D for the similar position re: the Old World, or something like Seraphon, Soulblight, etc. 

Too many stuff is related to death and Shysh in the latest bits of lore.

Ionus comes from Shysh

The dark tower like the dark buildings in Lethis

Next dw is about Morai heg, related to crows (like Lethis) and Death.

4 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Too many stuff is related to death and Shysh in the latest bits of lore.

Ionus comes from Shysh

The dark tower like the dark buildings in Lethis

Next dw is about Morai heg, related to crows (like Lethis) and Death.

The Rook also with that Lethis like flavour.

• Like 1