The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I'm really happy for Skaven and SCE, new miniatures, even if some of them are an update from existing ones, is always awesome.

But I'm more interested in 4.0 rules. The AoS team has a lot of work, and Imho, a lot of stuff to fix.

Same. I can't remember a mini I disliked the last couple of years. It are the rules that are important. There is to much clutter, without adding anything extra. I also really dislike the battle tactics, the useless of foot characters, the very small power difference between a Loonboss hero and Chaos Lord. The Loonboss hero having a higher max damage output than a Chaos Lord.

I am hoping for big changes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

Same. I can't remember a mini I disliked the last couple of years. It are the rules that are important. There is to much clutter, without adding anything extra. I also really dislike the battle tactics, the useless of foot characters, the very small power difference between a Loonboss hero and Chaos Lord. The Loonboss hero having a higher max damage output than a Chaos Lord.

I am hoping for big changes.

It really feels like we are one core rules revision away from finally seeing the AoS system reach a truly refined form. They did a lot of experimentation during 3rd edition with the different GHBs. I hope they take what they learned from that and give us a really polished 4th edition that takes what worked well in 3rd and leaves the rest behind. I think resetting everything back to indexes at this point would be a waste of potential, so I strongly hope this is not the plan.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Même. Je ne me souviens pas d'une mini que je n'ai pas aimé ces dernières années. Ce sont les règles qui sont importantes. Il y a trop de désordre, sans rien ajouter de plus. Je n'aime pas non plus beaucoup les tactiques de combat, l'inutilité des personnages à pied, la très petite différence de pouvoir entre un héros Loonboss et un Seigneur du Chaos. Le héros Loonboss a des dégâts maximum plus élevés qu'un Seigneur du Chaos.

J'espère de grands changements.

The Tyrant too is not strong enough like i wished

16 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I get that's the reason behind it but they look so useless, if that's the case, that even a farmer with a rock could kill thousands of them. IMO it should be something in the middle.

Well, they're almost useless with a 4" move. But the fun part is when you knock them down they stand right back up.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It really feels like we are one core rules revision away from finally seeing the AoS system reach a truly refined form. They did a lot of experimentation during 3rd edition with the different GHBs. I hope they take what they learned from that and give us a really polished 4th edition that takes what worked well in 3rd and leaves the rest behind. I think resetting everything back to indexes at this point would be a waste of potential, so I strongly hope this is not the plan.

I agree, except the resetting back to indexes. If it is done in the same way as forces of fantasy / ravening hordes for TOW, than I don't see it as huge step back if each grand alliance would recieve such a book, until individual battletome start replacing it.

If they want to keep the AoS 3 battletomes useable in AoS 4 than there isn't much room to change things. Imo 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I agree, except the resetting back to indexes. If it is done in the same way as forces of fantasy / ravening hordes for TOW, than I don't see it as huge step back if each grand alliance would recieve such a book, until individual battletome start replacing it.

If they want to keep the AoS 3 battletomes useable in AoS 4 than there isn't much room to change things. Imo 🙂

Rather than a book, like TOW received with forces of fantasy / ravening hordes, I would expect individual indexes like what happened with 40k or the legacy armies from TOW.

13 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I do, I really do! 🖤🤘 

My ideal unit would be 3 man unit with an alternate build option with single handler and rider- less toofs.

Throw in a third ranged build option and what's the expression all the lil devil kids are saying these days? "TAKE MY $$$$!" 😅

Other than a gnashtoof unit i hope we also get a juvenile troggoth unit (marshcrawla or mirebrute, doesn't really matter to me) that has a breakanob handler, that would be an awesome heavy infantry option.

26 minutes ago, pitzok said:

Other than a gnashtoof unit i hope we also get a juvenile troggoth unit (marshcrawla or mirebrute, doesn't really matter to me) that has a breakanob handler, that would be an awesome heavy infantry option.

There’s so much creature and monster teased in the kruleboyz book that I prefer they bring new type of creature than usual gnashtoof or troggoth . For exemple they mentioned toad wyvern, quagmire gargant, mire drakes.

imagine a cav unit of toad wyvern riders 

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

50 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

There’s so much creature and monster teased in the kruleboyz book that I prefer they bring new type of creature than usual gnashtoof or troggoth . For exemple they mentioned toad wyvern, quagmire gargant, mire drakes.

imagine a cav unit of toad wyvern riders 

I mean yeah, I haven't really gone into the lore of kruleboyz that much but it's sad to see a killaboss on great gnashtoof without a unit of lesser gnashtoof to lead, and there's room for flying cav and other monsters too I was just thinking of filling missing roles in the roster.

• Like 3

On rules, for the love of all that is green I hope magic stays. It will probably be moved to other phases but I wish they don't go into the same direction as 40k. I also hope they keep more of the unique abilities of units like the marrowscroll herald or hand of dust because it's really fun and flavourful. I honestly hope they go more into customisation like Old World rather than smoothing all the edges like 40k.

Edited by pitzok
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Battletomes in this edition are 100% made for the core rules, if they want to change core rules in a significative way, then we need an index.

But if they don’t, why we need another edition?

How else are they supposed to sell every army a new book again? 

With Anvil of Apotheosis on the outs after 2.0, I wouldn't be surprised if Path to Glory got dropped for something else

I know GW wants an always-updating/evolving game, but ngl I'd love to see the core rules stay the same for awhile and them find other ways to iterate the game: buying the same books regularly turns me off compared to most any other tabletop games

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah i agree. Buying the same book with updated rules again and again isnt my favourite thing. Especially now that i own multiple armies, i rather buy more minis.

I really hope we are still getting free access and warscrolls in the AoS app 4th edition. I dont like the silence before a new edition drops.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I'd say it looks kinda krooty too

2023-06-06.jpg.0dfe774323167c3ed9bac7cf29188a33.jpg2023-06-06a.jpg.6af96fcfb73cbe166015eb77cb0d3aa5.jpg

(Alltho, granted, cape is too clean for that?)

Also, GW please stop with the capes on the REs, this is the second in a row

I thought that at first too but I think this is more like regular manufactured strips rather than spikes and hide, like a ghillie suit. IG snipers or ratlings, maybe.

9 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I thought that at first too but I think this is more like regular manufactured strips rather than spikes and hide, like a ghillie suit. IG snipers or ratlings, maybe.

Probably if not the already rumoured by Valrak votann pioneers on foot

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pitzok said:

I mean yeah, I haven't really gone into the lore of kruleboyz that much but it's sad to see a killaboss on great gnashtoof without a unit of lesser gnashtoof to lead, and there's room for flying cav and other monsters too I was just thinking of filling missing roles in the roster.

In the lore only killaboss ride gnashtoof (and great gnashtoof only) . Rest of lesser gnashtoof are used as a hunt pack by kruleboyz but not mount them. 

« Gnashtoofs are used by Kruleboyz for various purposes with the smallest being used for dog-fights and hounding prisoners during blood hunts. Larger Great Gnashtoofs are used by mounts by the Killabosses who must first ride off a rodeo on the beast to claim it »

Edited by Grunbag
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

In the lore only killaboss ride gnashtoof (and great gnashtoof only) . Rest of lesser gnashtoof are used as a hunt pack by kruleboyz but not mount them. 

« Gnashtoofs are used by Kruleboyz for various purposes with the smallest being used for dog-fights and hounding prisoners during blood hunts. Larger Great Gnashtoofs are used by mounts by the Killabosses who must first ride off a rodeo on the beast to claim it »

That's my lesser gnashtoof riders ! :) (count as snarlfangs)

JD271YM.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 5

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Yeah i agree. Buying the same book with updated rules again and again isnt my favourite thing. Especially now that i own multiple armies, i rather buy more minis.

I really hope we are still getting free access and warscrolls in the AoS app 4th edition. I dont like the silence before a new edition drops.

Eventually, I'd like to own a "combined forces" army for each of the four Grand Alliances. Minimum, that's $200 an edition right now in only books so I can be up-to-date. In reality, my Free City is Sylvaneth + Kharadron + Cities, so that's three books. My Undead force is currently Soulblight + Nighthaunt and a handful of Ghouls, so another three books. Chaos is Slaves + Chaos Duardin + stuff from Orruks. Another three. I'd like my grots to have some orruk friends, so that'll be two for them. 

If I wanted to roll into 4.0, able to use all the models in my collection, that's 10 books. $500 in only battletomes just to use my GW toys in the GW game. That isn't even mentioning the Seasons of War, Dawnbringers, or Broken Realms type books that I always pick up bc I love them, usually another $50 a book. For now.

Frostgrave is cool: it has had one new edition to tighten up the rules, and all the shovelfuls of new stuff is across a bunch of cool, thematic, expansion books. I'd love that for Warhammer! Really, if they went back to free get-you-by rules for the core game and free warscrolls, I'd happily buy all the other books they'd release. Expansions, campaigns, Storm of Magic, Battle in the Badlands, narrative books, arcane journals, etc etc etc! I'd buy it all! 

But, like, I can't even often justify $50 or $60 on a new 200+ hour videogame with how often things go on sale: how can I justify $60 for an update (that will immediately get an FAQ) and like maybe three new pages of text and a new piece of art or two? $50 that'll expire very soon?

If they want to sell a bunch of books, make some creative stuff up and stick to the same solid core ruleset for like a decade! If they want to sell a ton of toys but update the game constantly, look to OnePageRules for a really solid template to build off of! 

I'd like to see GW iterate a bit: AoS 1.0 felt like something new, but it turned out to be a stopgap to get AoS to the 40k book cycle

• Like 11