The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Warhammer fest has historically been thier biggest preview event of the year. Are they really doing nothing to replace it?  If they are why don't they announce it now?

I think they are just bad at communicating. What they should be saying (in my opinion), is "We've listened to feedback from the previous WarhammerFest and want to make it bigger and better than ever. In order to do that, we've decided not to do it this year, but we have these other cool things going on." (or something like that :D )

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think they are just bad at communicating. What they should be saying (in my opinion), is "We've listened to feedback from the previous WarhammerFest and want to make it bigger and better than ever. In order to do that, we've decided not to do it this year, but we have these other cool things going on." (or something like that :D )

Or even better: "This year's Warhammer Fest has been stolen by the Skavens that are coming in the 4th ed box from Age of Sigmar, but we are sure they will return it bigger and better for the next year.... ups, did I leak something?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

So as there is no warhammer fest , V4 could be announced at Adepticon ? If I recall 40K V4 was at adepticon too last year ?

When did they release that tease of a close up if a nid eye with a terminator reflected in it? (Or was it the other way round)

I sort of hope they at least do some sort of livestream in the vein of a Nintendo Direct: I've never been to a Warhammer Fest, but I do always look forward to the reveals and cellphone camera pictures of stuff in glass cases (whether it's upcoming WIP models or painted stuff) 

With a ton of cool stuff coming out this year, I'm surprised they're swerving the opportunity to hype it up!

4 hours ago, Garrac said:

Renouncing to the ninja rats, the frankenstein rats and the plague rats would be the most freaking stupid decission ever commited by an executive, and it would make me rebase everything again and not play a single match of AoS while I hold a breath into my body.

But, granted, it's GW.

Yeah "rats!" are cool and all, but the diversity of the ratmen is why I think they're cool. Frankensteins, crazy machinery, demon rats, wizards, Ninjas, Plague Monks, legions of endless numbers; all of those concepts should be competing under the Ratmen umbrella! It's why they have the council of 13 and everything! Their whole thing is "if only this faction could stop infighting they'd win!"

I'm all for AoSifying things! If they want to blur the lines between the factions I think that'd work well: the stormfiends are an example of Moulder + Skyre, and we've seen Parasite Englines that seem like Pestilines + Moulder + Skyre, but thewiki page suggests that, actually, all the Clans may have them

I would be happy to see ratsassins become an elite hero-hunter unit if not battleline, but Plague Monks are a part of the faction identity imo; filling the "sturdy chaff" role and letting one make an army with a Pestilines identity. For the most part, I would expect Eshin to be a smaller more elite force by comparison. 

Skaven don't really need a reboot imho: everything from them in AoS suggests they're on their same BS they were in WHF just bigger and more complicated. Give me a new monster like the hell pit (maybe just bigger?) with build options to let it represent what it'd look like in a few major clans: maybe "more" mutations, guns, and some sort of plaguebringing device. Idk! 

Skaven walker-tanks! any of the hybrid monsters that have come up in passing! Skaven have an extremely strong and unique identity and really they could just use some slight adjustments and new/refreshed sculpts!! At least from my perspective!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

I sort of hope they at least do some sort of livestream in the vein of a Nintendo Direct: I've never been to a Warhammer Fest, but I do always look forward to the reveals and cellphone camera pictures of stuff in glass cases (whether it's upcoming WIP models or painted stuff) 

With a ton of cool stuff coming out this year, I'm surprised they're swerving the opportunity to hype it up!

Yeah "rats!" are cool and all, but the diversity of the ratmen is why I think they're cool. Frankensteins, crazy machinery, demon rats, wizards, Ninjas, Plague Monks, legions of endless numbers; all of those concepts should be competing under the Ratmen umbrella! It's why they have the council of 13 and everything! Their whole thing is "if only this faction could stop infighting they'd win!"

I'm all for AoSifying things! If they want to blur the lines between the factions I think that'd work well: the stormfiends are an example of Moulder + Skyre, and we've seen Parasite Englines that seem like Pestilines + Moulder + Skyre, but thewiki page suggests that, actually, all the Clans may have them

I would be happy to see ratsassins become an elite hero-hunter unit if not battleline, but Plague Monks are a part of the faction identity imo; filling the "sturdy chaff" role and letting one make an army with a Pestilines identity. For the most part, I would expect Eshin to be a smaller more elite force by comparison. 

Skaven don't really need a reboot imho: everything from them in AoS suggests they're on their same BS they were in WHF just bigger and more complicated. Give me a new monster like the hell pit (maybe just bigger?) with build options to let it represent what it'd look like in a few major clans: maybe "more" mutations, guns, and some sort of plaguebringing device. Idk! 

Skaven walker-tanks! any of the hybrid monsters that have come up in passing! Skaven have an extremely strong and unique identity and really they could just use some slight adjustments and new/refreshed sculpts!! At least from my perspective!

Give us Rat Mega Gargants! Something like this beauty I saw on Reddit image.png.45cd2af4e40aa4cce24e0dd9e470a76f.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Give us Rat Mega Gargants! Something like this beauty I saw on Reddit image.png.45cd2af4e40aa4cce24e0dd9e470a76f.png

Omg yesss!!!! Stuff like that, with just a few optional components to make it seem at home in a few distinctive clans, would be so beyond cool. I think blurring the lines could do a ton of good, and it's in line with the new short story that featured the verminlord telling those engineers to work together. Who is to say he didn't pop up and tell some pestilines guy to pack up the toxic smoke grenade launcher he's been cooking up and head their way?

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I totally forgot that warband! They are indeed their pretty cousins, but I find something odd about these skeletons, the Cursed City ones and the boxed ones, and it is their legs' placement.

image.png.2fdc2b66943b3aa399e4e8e3bcd6677f.png

They feel so weird. It reminds me of the chat about TOW skellies and their weird dancing-like legs:

image.png.b90ef226643fd8983766d50431f2754b.png

I'm actually a big fan of the leg poses, because they look more like they're this unstable shambling construct. They look less dancey in real life. But yeah I'm not touching grave guard until someone comes out with a good 3D print or GW updates them. I hope it's what's next for soulblight, if not a deadwalkers update.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Love the new Kroot, but five dogs to a box seems guaranteed to be overcosted in real money. At least it's gonna be a better deal than Dire Bats, probably.

With 40k's current points values, trust me, it's not gonna be a better deal.

Regarding this talk of Rat Ogres and Hellpit Abominations - First off, the Hellpit abomination is frankly a timeless model, nothing wrong with it, full of customisation, easy to build and looks beautiful once assembled. Possibly in my top 3 favourite kits., It’s better than some recent kits, but its not a competition 😂, just think it shouldn’t be touched.

On talk of these beasties, Moulder was by Far my favourite faction of the Skaven. Throt the unclean and the Moulder lot were one of the most Macabre and dark sides of the Old World. Undeniably Some of scariest lore. The White Dwarf Article with Army list really being a thing beauty in it’s own right and was actually what inspired the Hellpit (I believe the Chimera Rat being the catalyst).

I think there’s still a lot that could be done wih that side of the Skaven. Ghoritch or some sort of Rat Ogre Character, Throt or His AoS counterpart (More arms, more legs, more unclean.  

IMG_0480.png

IMG_0482.png

IMG_0483.png

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, pitzok said:

I'm actually a big fan of the leg poses, because they look more like they're this unstable shambling construct. They look less dancey in real life. But yeah I'm not touching grave guard until someone comes out with a good 3D print or GW updates them. I hope it's what's next for soulblight, if not a deadwalkers update.

I really like the new look as well. 

I'm hoping for a deathrattle update too. Update the black knights as their own kit with build options for ranged and melee and a new grave guard kit or equivalent in the same vein. Maybe the wispered about mummies are what the new GG kit will become. 🖤💀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, madmac said:

Love the new Kroot, but five dogs to a box seems guaranteed to be overcosted in real money. At least it's gonna be a better deal than Dire Bats, probably.

Can't be worse than the current kit asking you 24 euros for 4 resin hounds.

25 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Can't name another such boring unit as those Kroot dogs released from GW since I'm in the hobby. Just being honest.

I painted the hounds from the kill team a while back and they were pretty fun, more interesting than generic space marine with slightly different weapon.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

This may be the wrong thread to post this in, but has anyone seen the scarabs & scorpions included in this earlier preview post? I know odds are these are part of the tomb swarm kit, but I like to hope this means more plastic kits are inbound....TlYjpIhM9ZfEW1uI.jpg.324f5c41f5d29f5cf720a1c7f66b9000.jpg

Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure those lil' bugs are copied and pasted across all the new models that have "lil bugs" on 'em

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Can't name another such boring unit as those Kroot dogs released from GW since I'm in the hobby. Just being honest.

I find them more interesting mini designs than some other full factions that if I named everyone would bully me to hell

Also, too soon for 4th ed teasers, there's still Dawnbringers 5 and 6 to be anounced. 40k got so much mistery and hype because, I mean, it's 40k. One single subfaction of a xenos race in 40k can have more players than entire playerbases for other game systems.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, pitzok said:

I get that's the reason behind it but they look so useless, if that's the case, that even a farmer with a rock could kill thousands of them. IMO it should be something in the middle.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Fwiw, they're pretty good at being "Kroot Hounds" ngl; I don't really know what else they could reasonably look like? 

Looking at 'em again, are these kroots who have eaten so many dogs that they've become dog-like? Isn't that a thing for that species? Like winged Kroot and such? Bc they almost look like they're running on all fours; with wrist guards on even? They could actually be combined with Clanrats to make some nice looking Wolf-rats tbh! Just need the heads and tails from em: could be a good use of parts for anyone rocking any ape-rats that get updated

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I get that's the reason behind it, but they look so useless, if that's the case, that even a farmer with a rock could kill thousands of them. IMO it should be something in the middle.

I agree! They both look sort of useless like they're "barely animated" (something I traditionally associate with WH zombies instead) but simultaneously "too armored" for "basic skellies;" I actually stocked up on grave guard assuming the new Deathrattle were going to replace both kits.

I felt like "all of them moving forward as automatons" gets across the idea that, functionally, the big squad of them is "one weapon" for a vampire or necromancer to wield. It also makes them look not-smart: walking lockstep for big huge Chaos Warriors looks like "ah man I'm done for" but a bunch of skeletons read as "controlled" or "mindless" to me. Rereading the End Times, it's well in line with how Skeletons are often described even in AoS! 

Don't really love the 8ft tall marionette vibe; one of the very few refresh kits I'm not a huge fan of

Edited by Pizzaprez