The Rumour Thread

Honestly, I think introducing a new Duardin faction would feel weird because for quite a while now its been reiterated that the three major cultures are Dispossessed, Fyreslayers and Kharadron. Hell, there doesn't even need to be "Grungni Duardin" because Grungni's whole goal is to get all three cultures to work together. You can say there should be new Dispossessed, but really I think Dispossessed work best as a subset of Cities of Sigmar, I'd like to see more units for them of course but still have them be part of Cities. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

If you mean me, I've been very open about how I have exactly no evidence. I even said a little while back that I don't even consider it a rumor, just an idea that's been floating around in my head.

Even if it isn't directed at me, I'd hardly call it nonsense. I mean it's generating discussion. We all seem to be of an accord that no one would like the idea of Beasts dropping from the game.

But back to the topic at hand: someone on Facebook (where no one lies) said that the Beasts Question was brought up at a Q&A at LVO, where it was answered that Beasts are definitely remaining in AoS.

That's a lot of acronyms. 

But can anyone confirm this rumor? 

She means @Whitefang back me up

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly, I think introducing a new Duardin faction would feel weird because for quite a while now its been reiterated that the three major cultures are Dispossessed, Fyreslayers and Kharadron. Hell, there doesn't even need to be "Grungni Duardin" because Grungni's whole goal is to get all three cultures to work together. You can say there should be new Dispossessed, but really I think Dispossessed work best as a subset of Cities of Sigmar, I'd like to see more units for them of course but still have them be part of Cities. 

Arent Grugni's dwarves just dispossessed? It is just a matter of time for them to get shiny new stuff.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

People bring up the idea of Beasts getting a total revamp, but honestly the language being used is very weird.

Like, imagine before the new Cities update people weren't saying "Freeguild are getting replaced" or "Wanderers will be squatted", they were just saying outright "Cities are getting squatted". And when people say there's no way they'll squat Cities, they're told that they're just going to replace the Freeguild models. Then why even say "Cities are getting squatted?"

Hell, even with the Cities redo there are a bunch of Empire models left over. Steam Tank, General on Gryphon, Wizards, Luminark, etc.

I kinda feel like this whole line of conversation is just people hearing doommongers say that Beasts will be squatting them, and somehow they both simultaneously believe them and say there will be new models as a coping mechanism. Even though there has been literally 0 rumors about what exactly will replace Beasts.  

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

If you mean me, I've been very open about how I have exactly no evidence. I even said a little while back that I don't even consider it a rumor, just an idea that's been floating around in my head.

Even if it isn't directed at me, I'd hardly call it nonsense. I mean it's generating discussion. We all seem to be of an accord that no one would like the idea of Beasts dropping from the game.

But back to the topic at hand: someone on Facebook (where no one lies) said that the Beasts Question was brought up at a Q&A at LVO, where it was answered that Beasts are definitely remaining in AoS.

That's a lot of acronyms. 

But can anyone confirm this rumor? 

Sorry I wasn't aiming my post at you, the original post with the "rumour" was several pages back by another user that people were getting excited about because they previously said we'd see Orcs and Goblins and Dwarves for TOW in January (we only saw one of those and they posted after GW announced they were doing a launch event for the game). They've also never posted any specifics and have only posted like 10 times. That said I wouldn't say it's generating discussion. It's generating a lot of hysteria the same as we get whenever someone mentions duardin being souped or bonesplitters being removed from the range swallowing the actual interesting posts about what could happen with BoC in the future.

That said I've not heard that rumour from the LVO, but GW haven't really removed anything in a while beyond some of the CoS stuff ahead of their relaunch and some of the Space Marines ahead of 10th (which again most got replaced by updated equivalents). It also wouldn't shock me for the people running the panel at the LVO to not have been told either way but I still don't think BoC will get removed, just an update eventually with more dynamic poses and new models.

10 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Indeed. The BoC model range is being squatted from AoS and being ported over to ToW. What remains to be seen is if BoC as a faction will remain in AoS under a new thematic identity, be removed entirely or be folded into other existing Chaos factions. That's my bet. That is the writing I see written on the wall and time will tell. 

That's your prediction, but there's no actual evidence that it's happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

People bring up the idea of Beasts getting a total revamp, but honestly the language being used is very weird.

Like, imagine before the new Cities update people weren't saying "Freeguild are getting replaced" or "Wanderers will be squatted", they were just saying outright "Cities are getting squatted". And when people say there's no way they'll squat Cities, they're told that they're just going to replace the Freeguild models. Then why even say "Cities are getting squatted?"

Hell, even with the Cities redo there are a bunch of Empire models left over. Steam Tank, General on Gryphon, Wizards, Luminark, etc.

I'm right there with you; it's weird and hopefully a bit off-base, but whitefang has led credence to the suggestion that Chaos Duardin are in the pipes, and I'm fairly sure one of those mentions was paired with beasts getting axed.

Maybe "Beasts of Chaos" are getting the axe and they're getting an entirely new army with AoS flair! Could be a few different things; hoping for the best with it! Ideally it'll just be straight-up wrong

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Arent Grugni's dwarves just dispossessed? It is just a matter of time for them to get shiny new stuff.

I'd love to see the "repossesed" get their own Cities-tier army. Representing the "normal" duardin living out there, maybe with the Gholemkin in there too. Make it the posterboy for "Grungi wants everyone to be friends!" with lots of opportunities to ally across the duardin factions and a Grombrindal to lead 'em! I'd love to see whatever GW has been cooking between Grungi, Grombrindal, and Nagash not having the keys to the Duardin underworlds. Idk what all that could amount to, but I'd love it to amount to something physical I can paint!

27 minutes ago, EonChao said:

In general can we just put this nonsense to rest now, it's all based off a post from a random new member with no more rumour accuracy than getting a half guess about what would be revealed at TOW launch event right, which puts them on the same level of accuracy as Dana Howl's youtube video speculation. At least until we start getting 4th edition news from GW themselves.

Respectfully, is this not the rumor thread? Haven't seen any other actual rumors to discuss... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

8 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Sorry I wasn't aiming my post at you, the original post with the "rumour" was several pages back by another user that people were getting excited about because they previously said we'd see Orcs and Goblins and Dwarves for TOW in January (we only saw one of those and they posted after GW announced they were doing a launch event for the game). They've also never posted any specifics and have only posted like 10 times. That said I wouldn't say it's generating discussion. It's generating a lot of hysteria the same as we get whenever someone mentions duardin being souped or bonesplitters being removed from the range swallowing the actual interesting posts about what could happen with BoC in the future.

I apologize - I suppose I'm invested in this topic to the point of self-importance! Very sorry. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I think it would set a bad precedent, because if another army begins to sell poorly, the question of them being next on the chopping block (Especially a smaller range like my 2 armies) is now no longer beyond doubt. 

Yeah, I'm with you: I feel like with each round of cuts that have happened in AoS it's been a sense of "ah well they're still getting started transitioning this game so I can see where they're coming from" The first factions to get cut sucked but there was a reason WHF got rebooted, the second round when things were consolidated into Cities sucked but I felt like "alright this seems good this is cool we have a baseline now" but now with a third round of cuts to Cities to prep those subfactions for their TOW unreboot I don't feel like GW is above making massive changes to things when they feel like it

I don't think its reason to get down on miniatures hobbies in general; no one can take your goatmen from you. But I do think it makes GW rulesets look like a bad investment. Sure, I could say "alright with beastmen getting shifted to TOW surely this is the last chop for AoS" but I don't feel confident in GW like that anymore. Especially since they've already set up another round of disappointment if/when the Legacy TOW factions get axed after 1st or 2nd edition. I don't see GW supporting them at all once they've got Kislev or Cathay out, and that'd mirror how AoS handled its legacy stuff.

48 minutes ago, EonChao said:

That's your prediction, but there's no actual evidence that it's happening.

The "evidence" is just inferring from what is happening across the ranges. 

Fantasy models being removed = squatted, refreshed = update of the same or redesigned High Elf = Lumineth. 

BoC being out of stock online and in stores. 

No significant updates or releases for the faction over 9 years. (I don't consider a herdstone, endless spell, warband and single character "significant"

BoC being a core ToW faction with a unit roaster and army photography within ToW publications consisting of the entire BoC range.

BoC range are all models from Fantasy.

There is a clear distinction between factions of ToW and AoS.

Add several rumours from various sources and I think there is a pretty strong argument that this is indeed happening. 

The real question is how it will be done. A complete chop/squatting of the faction and range in AoS completely, moving the current range to ToW and a new AoS-fied Beasts faction to replace it, or for removal of the BoC as a singular faction and more beast units appearing in other chaos factions. 

What I do not see happening. Is for BoC to stay within AoS as they are and to be launched in ToW using the same models. 

• Confused 1

Something just occurred to me: if the Great Goat Genocide happened, I wonder what would happen to Grashrak's Despoilers.  I don't know if you can even get them anymore off GW's website (I just looked, but I may have missed them).  Hypothetically, would they be removed?  Ported over to StD?  If they were removed from AoS, would they remain in Underworlds?

Grashrak's Despoilers are no longer listed on Warhammer.com. They are also not available from any of the online retailers. With the likes of Element games stating- "This product is currently unavailable - it is likely that distribution has ceased". 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Hollow said:

The "evidence" is just inferring from what is happening across the ranges. 

Fantasy models being removed = squatted, refreshed = update of the same or redesigned High Elf = Lumineth. 

BoC being out of stock online and in stores. 

No significant updates or releases for the faction over 9 years. (I don't consider a herdstone, endless spell, warband and single character "significant"

BoC being a core ToW faction with a unit roaster and army photography within ToW publications consisting of the entire BoC range.

BoC range are all models from Fantasy.

There is a clear distinction between factions of ToW and AoS.

Add several rumours from various sources and I think there is a pretty strong argument that this is indeed happening. 

The real question is how it will be done. A complete chop/squatting of the faction and range in AoS completely, moving the current range to ToW and a new AoS-fied Beasts faction to replace it, or for removal of the BoC as a singular faction and more beast units appearing in other chaos factions. 

What I do not see happening. Is for BoC to stay within AoS as they are and to be launched in ToW using the same models. 

Not to mention the number of BoC-like units/models that other factions have recieved:

• Kragnos
  • Centurion Marshall
  • Mindstealer Sphiranx
  • Multiple Ogroid Units.

It makes you wonder whether some of these units were originally supposed to be for BoC but were then repurposed. Kragnos would be quite believable as The Sire of Ruin, the Ogroids could easily have been Bullgor replacements and so on.

Edited by mawhis117
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mawhis117 said:

Not to mention the number of BoC-like units/models that other factions have recieved:

• Kragnos
  • Centurion Marshall
  • Mindstealer Sphiranx
  • Multiple Ogroid Units.

It makes you wonder whether some of these units were originally supposed to be for BoC but were then repurposed. Kragnos would be quite believable as The Sire of Ruin, the Ogroids could easily have been Bullgor replacements and so on.

Don't forget the killteam release xd

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Grashrak's Despoilers are no longer listed on Warhammer.com. They are also not available from any of the online retailers. With the likes of Element games stating- "This product is currently unavailable - it is likely that distribution has ceased". 

That’s not exactly a good reading either- I think only the Direchasm->Modern Day warbands have been stand-alones, with Ylthari’s Guardians and the Wurmspat being missing as well. 

8 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

That’s not exactly a good reading either- I think only the Direchasm->Modern Day warbands have been stand-alones, with Ylthari’s Guardians and the Wurmspat being missing as well. 

I wasn't making a reading. I was just stating the exact situation with Grashrak's Despoilers in reply to a question about them. They are not available on Warhammer.com and that is a direct quote from the Element games website. Make of it what you will, but this is the current situation regarding the kit. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Like waste majority of Underworlds teams, arent they from Beastgrave?

• Like 1

I just hope that 4th edition will shed some light on the not yet updated factions. Want to know if i can still safely buy more Spiderfang/ Bonesplitterz/ Ogors and keep them for at least 3 more years. Should i buy into Snarlfang Riders? Is Gitmob going to be a thing? I just wish GW finally put some clarity in the Destruction factions. Really hoped this 3rd edition (Destruction edition) would fix these things, it actually became worse with all the ToW happenings.

• Like 2

There's lots of misreading of tea leaves here. 

All the beastgrave warbands are unavailable not just the BoC one. The unavailable kits vary from region to region, which doesn't suggest a focused effort by GW. GW is having real problems with it's shipping right now. They are no longer able to guarantee shipping deliveries of new products to flgs on time. I'm sure restocking out of stock ranges is a very low priority right now. 

Despite what people have said, you can go on element games right now and order pretty much the whole range. Most importantly the battletome is still available everywhere. We've seen GW pull old battletomes in the weeks before a new one appears. 

The rumour from 'not Whitefang' stated that the AoS range would be discontinued very shortly. I don't see any evidence of that. 

Of course this rumour may still be true but there is no compelling evidence that indicates it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Based entirely on the tea leaves : BoC being ‘replaced’ by newer more ‘AoS’ Beastmen (Maybe finally do something with the Morghur is a god now thing?) in 4th and just having their old/current kits be then repurposed for TOW seems the most likely option doesn’t it?