The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

I think it's slanesh vs idk for warcry

Slaanesh feels like it should be a safe bet for the non-order faction if that's the pattern they're sticking to (order vs non-order). For order, sylvaneth, kharadron and deepkin are the only factions without a warband yet? I hope it's sylvaneth kurnothi personally.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

That's an oft quoted rumour/suspicion, but there's never been any actual evidence in support of it, I don't think.  It's one of those things that feels plausible, but I don't know if the actual timeline works out with how far ahead the books have to be printed and such.

If Dawnbringers 1 has its own book, anything is possible 😄

Just now, Luperci said:

Slaanesh feels like it should be a safe bet for the non-order faction if that's the pattern they're sticking to (order vs non-order). For order, sylvaneth, kharadron and deepkin are the only factions without a warband yet? I hope it's sylvaneth kurnothi personally.

Slaanesh was in Underworlds. If thats Slaanesh avarice champion, then it will be a big one, then in Dawnbringer book

3 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I consider warcry units teasers of stuff coming for 4th edition. You have Fyreslayers (second wave?), you have ogors (refresh?), you have kruleboyz (second wave?) lumineth (confirmed second wave), cities, stormcast... The only one that I can't see being a teaser is NH.

So, following patterns, warcry should be idk (second wave like fyreslayers) and skaven, but I prefer slaanesh xD

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1

Just now, Luperci said:

The order and death warbands only just got revealed, idk about elsewhere but in the UK Spring is March-May

Yea, 4 seasons, but we have 4 quarters too, right.  Dates for Q1: January 1 – March 31

Just now, Ragest said:

I consider warcry units teasers of stuff coming for 4th edition. You have Fyreslayers (second wave?), you have ogors (refresh?), you have kruleboyz (second wave?) lumineth (confirmed second wave), cities, stormcast... The only one that I can't see being a teaser is NH.

So, following patterns, warcry should be idk )second wave like fyreslayers) and skaven, but I prefer slaanesh xD

I'm only thinking slaanesh because the other god aligned factions got warbands outside of a major release, so presumably there's a slaanesh one around at GW too? Who knows though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

So, following patterns, warcry should be idk )second wave like fyreslayers) and skaven, but I prefer slaanesh xD

What about the scenery? Do we think the next ed could go deeper into that Seraphon like scenery? I really love those new themed sceneries from Warcry.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about the scenery? Do we think the next ed could go deeper into that Seraphon like scenery? I really love those new themed sceneries from Warcry.

Idk, to be honest.

There rumors about scenery getting cut in 4th, we know there are problems with production of endless and scenery because they come from China... 

I don't really like that some factions need a scenery to perform and that scenery is out of stock for months.

Edited by Ragest
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If it's chamon or ulgu + skaven in the launch box then maybe a cave theme would be interesting.

4 minutes ago, lele said:

Yea, 4 seasons, but we have 4 quarters too, right.  Dates for Q1: January 1 – March 31

Yeah but this is GW. They have an established format for dates. If they say Spring it means March to May. They never say q1 even in their financial reports. I’d expect a new underworlds box in April (like last year) and the Warcry war bands in May as a stop gap between Dawnbringers and 4th edition.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Idk, to be honest.

There rumors about scenery getting cut in 4th, we know there are problems with production of endless and scenery because they come from China... 

I don't really like that some factions need a scenery to perform and that scenery is out of stock for months.

Maybe the scenery is then limited to Warcry? It is also a nice way to differentiate it and give it a way to call for attention to help with the sales.

14 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Idk, to be honest.

I'm building up a Sylvaneth army Vis the Belthanos Dawnbringers box and Stormbringer, but I'm holding back on buying Wildwoods until we know what's happening with scenery.

Imo scenery cannot simply disappear. We cannot play games at a table with a matt and that's all. Maybe their stock and development are stopped until they migrate the production back to the UK or somewhere in Europe, but we would always have scenery, less or more, but scenery.

Personally, I have the Magmic Battleforge from the FS in my saved links and I check it every day waiting for its stock to be back (I don't trust the notify me button, failed me once). And I won't use it at all with FS, I just want it to decorate the field.

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'm building up a Sylvaneth army Vis the Belthanos Dawnbringers box and Stormbringer, but I'm holding back on buying Wildwoods until we know what's happening with scenery.

If you like the terrain piece, just get it! It would always be a nice way to add flavour to your boards, even if it has no effects.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Imo scenery cannot simply disappear. We cannot play games at a table with a matt and that's all. Maybe their stock and development are stopped until they migrate the production back to the UK or somewhere in Europe, but we would always have scenery, less or more, but scenery.

Personally, I have the Magmic Battleforgr from the FS in my saved links and I check it every day waiting for its stock to be back (I don't trust the notify me button, failed me once).

If you like the terrain piece, just get it! It would always be a nice way to add flavour to your boards, even if it has no effects.

I can't imagine worse riots in the hobby than if GW decided to scrap those bloomin trees they kept shoving down the throat of every Sylvaneth players since the dawn of AoS.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lele said:

Games Workshop releases aren't announced in terms of business quarters but in terms of actual seasons because that's how most people understand how months are organized. That's why they say Spring release not Q1 or Q2 release. For every road map GW puts out:
Winter: December, January, February

Spring: March, April, May

Summer: June, July, August

Autumn: September, October, November

Pyre and Flood is the winter release that will likely come out in February now, which means that the next release for Warcry will likely be late April/May

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Imo scenery cannot simply disappear.

Maybe is not to dissapear, but to shadow squat them giving terrible rules to incentivize not using them (like bonesplitterz) or making you pay points for them in yout list (like 40k)

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

Maybe is not to dissapear, but to shadow squat them giving terrible rules to incentivize not using them (like bonesplitterz) or making you pay points for them in yout list (like 40k)

I think @Ejecutor means scenery overall, not just faction terrain. Faction terrain could absolutely disappear next edition or whenever.

But it is unlikely that GW is planning to stop selling terrain overall, even with their current apparent problems with their chinese supply chain. From all the interviews I have seen recently with former GW business people, they really seem to want to be able to sell players everything they need for a game of Warhammer in their own stores.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think @Ejecutor means scenery overall, not just faction terrain. Faction terrain could absolutely disappear next edition or whenever.

But it is unlikely that GW is planning to stop selling terrain overall, even with their current apparent problems with their chinese supply chain. From all the interviews I have seen recently with former GW business people, they really seem to want to be able to sell players everything they need for a game of Warhammer in their own stores.

Yeah, I said Seraphon themed scenery but I was talking about the new Warcry terrain that looks to be based on Seraphon, but it is not faction terrain.

image.png.92968a62e2e840e3dee8ac94f0991825.png

image.png.bf25eb0a38f65e5edd8d31a4fefc18c4.png

image.png.c60de5b894d287979019ce104a5c6a4e.png

I love the flavour this kind of stuff adds to the game.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, I said Seraphon themed scenery but I was talking about the new Warcry terrain that looks to be based on Seraphon, but it is not faction terrain.

image.png.bf25eb0a38f65e5edd8d31a4fefc18c4.png

image.png.c60de5b894d287979019ce104a5c6a4e.png

I love the flavour this kind of stuff adds to the game.

Oh sorry, I was thinking about faction scenery.

Maybe they repack those. AoS team seems to not care that much about scenery, in LVO they were using just plexiglass bases most of the time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

looks like seraphon piece?? ;D 

i would be really worried if it would be a tyrion terrain piece instead an old one.

i really love those scenary, but it seems a bit too pricy for me. dont know why every warcry set were 50e, but last one ( seraphon was cloose to 90).

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Personally, I have the Magmic Battleforge from the FS in my saved links and I check it every day waiting for its stock to be back (I don't trust the notify me button, failed me once). And I won't use it at all with FS, I just want it to decorate the field.

I'm not too fussed by the model really. It's just that currently a lot of how Sylvaneth play seems dependent on the woods. But maybe less so now with the overgrown terrain rules...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Does the Gnarlwood map actually still match up with the recent releases? Maybe we can figure something out. Still got my hopes up for Spiderfang, Warcry would be perfect for them.

image.png.0fe5b53c3c84c45cededc56f51f73f1c.png

Here it is bigger:

Atlas de los Reinos Mortales | Sigmaroteca | Fandom

image.png.f8c40f5ea183a83ee4d1f3eb3f56dfb1.png

It is the first time I see it as I don't follow Warcry that much. It looks interesting.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1