The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Big Waagh is the opposite. It's the high life for Orruks. They get to cherry pick all of the best units from the others and use them with great allegiance abilities. Big Waagh drags down the other subfactions by making it difficult to balance them without lifting BW into the stratosphere.

Thing is... GW just doesnt know what to do with the faction or grand alliance Destruction. Im kinda getting tired of it. Whfb split up orcs and goblins into a bunch of faction. Some got souped again. Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang now feel like they are on the chopping block because of armies like CoS removing a bunch of unsupported models and ToW coming up. Where are the wyverns, come on GW, Order gets all the flying reptiles now.

Gloomspite just has everything goblin and troggoths. But imho Gitmob/Snarlfangs are the odd duck in the tome. I hope they get moved to a Frazzlegitz tome real soon.

Ogors really need some love too. At least the new Gorgers are gorgeous.

Sorry for this. Just would be nice to have some clarity like the other grand alliances have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Thing is... GW just doesnt know what to do with the faction or grand alliance Destruction. Im kinda getting tired of it. Whfb split up orcs and goblins into a bunch of faction. Some got souped again. Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang now feel like they are on the chopping block because of armies like CoS removing a bunch of unsupported models and ToW coming up. Where are the wyverns, come on GW, Order gets all the flying reptiles now.

Gloomspite just has everything goblin and troggoths. But imho Gitmob/Snarlfangs are the odd duck in the tome. I hope they get moved to a Frazzlegitz tome real soon.

Sorry for this. Just would be nice to have some clarity like the other grand alliances have.

The murknob banner has a miredrake tongue apparently, maybe there'll be a future full miredrake for kruleboyz. I do think it's probably for the better to keep the army book count down to shorten the battletome update cycle as much as possible, order just doesn't seem to get this consideration though. Although, in the current age of FAQs and balance updates, the times between receiving army updates is a lot less dire than it used to be; ideally the rules would just be fully digital (and free but that's never going to happen). If they handle any aos index reset like the 40k 10th launch though I don't want that for the game really. Idk, I don't think they need to make gitmob a separate faction unless they get a substantial model release that's actually distinct and has a different role to the gloomspite

14 minutes ago, Luperci said:

The murknob banner has a miredrake tongue apparently, maybe there'll be a future full miredrake for kruleboyz. I do think it's probably for the better to keep the army book count down to shorten the battletome update cycle as much as possible, order just doesn't seem to get this consideration though. Although, in the current age of FAQs and balance updates, the times between receiving army updates is a lot less dire than it used to be; ideally the rules would just be fully digital (and free but that's never going to happen). If they handle any aos index reset like the 40k 10th launch though I don't want that for the game really. Idk, I don't think they need to make gitmob a separate faction unless they get a substantial model release that's actually distinct and has a different role to the gloomspite

I agree with the tome part. But Gitmob dont even worship the bad moon. They are evil sun followers (shown on their shields) and even got a lore piece about it on warcom if i remember correctly that talked about Glareface Frazzlegitz. Its also said they are in a temporary alliance.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I'll argue that they do have a plan for Destruction and we are seeing it happen. 

Ironjawz have had a lovely and well needed 2nd wave. 

I would be more than suprised if Kruleboyz don't get a 2nd wave at some point. 

Gloomspite have had a regular updates, admittly the wolf riders dont quite fit. 

Judging by the new gorgers, Ogors are going to get an amazing facelift. 

Sons have even had a 2nd wave. 

Yes, there is the question of bonesplitters and I would say that's the only issue with Destruction at the moment. 

• Like 1

Give me those 4th Edition Ogors GW. Give me Gluttons to the scale of Warhulks.

Make the Ogors lore accurate and dynamically posed. 

Make Ogors a threat. An actual threat. They are the locust, they are the swarm. Make Ogors AOS version of Tyranids, devourers of the Realms.

Make Ogors Great Again.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

What if snarlfang and gitmob replace spiders ? 

I think spiders will get new models at some point.

We all know there are extremely old models that need updating (spiders, Ogors, beasts, Skaven) but not everything can be done at once, something will always be last and while it sucks if its your army but they will get their day in the sun (or moon in the case of spiders). 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think spiders will get new models at some point.

We all know there are extremely old models that need updating (spiders, Ogors, beasts, Skaven) but not everything can be done at once, something will always be last and while it sucks if its your army but they will get their day in the sun (or moon in the case of spiders). 

I hope cause I love the spider models . But GW must have plans for wolfs 

Edited by Grunbag

47 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Give me those 4th Edition Ogors GW. Give me Gluttons to the scale of Warhulks.

Make the Ogors lore accurate and dynamically posed. 

Make Ogors a threat. An actual threat. They are the locust, they are the swarm. Make Ogors AOS version of Tyranids, devourers of the Realms.

Make Ogors Great Again.

I suspect that Skaven are going to take on the swarming Nids role.

Skaven, in my view, actually should defect to Destruction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I'll argue that they do have a plan for Destruction and we are seeing it happen. 

Ironjawz have had a lovely and well needed 2nd wave. 

I would be more than suprised if Kruleboyz don't get a 2nd wave at some point. 

Gloomspite have had a regular updates, admittly the wolf riders dont quite fit. 

Judging by the new gorgers, Ogors are going to get an amazing facelift. 

Sons have even had a 2nd wave. 

Yes, there is the question of bonesplitters and I would say that's the only issue with Destruction at the moment. 

Would rather have seen updated Bonesplitterz instead of Ironjawz. Its great that they got an awesome second wave but did they need it the most. Same with Kruleboyz, they are a new faction and are already getting a warband.

I dont think Gloomspite need a 5th faction in the tome. They dont even have faction rules for Gitmob just the Snarlfang Riders and Rippas warband. They have no synergy at all.

Also dont see a connection for a bright Ogor future with a warband. Hedrakkas Madmob didnt get followed up on at all.

Would rather have seen a refresh for models that are around 2 decades old?

Edited by Gitzdee

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Would rather have seen updated Bonesplitterz instead of Ironjawz. Its great that they got an awesome second wave but did they need it the most. Same with Kruleboyz, they are a new faction and are already getting a warband.

I dont think Gloomspite need a 5th faction in the tome. They dont even have faction rules for Gitmob just the Snarlfang Riders and Rippas warband. They have no synergy at all.

Also dont see a connection for a bright Ogor future with a warband. Hedrakkas Madmob didnt get followed up on at all.

Would rather have seen a refresh for models that are around 2 decades old?

I dunno, I think a Bone Splitterz update would have only been the same size as the 5 kits the Ironjawz got and whilst they need some love I think using those release slots on Ironjawz has given Ironjawz exactly what they need to feel properly rounded. Same with Kruleboyz with their Warcry warband. Now both factions can get a little bit here and there but they have enough that it doesn't need eat a load of production slots. Bonesplitterz on the other hand can now be the next big update for Orruks with a release the size that Slaves or Cities got this edition instead of there being 3 not quite there factions in one book

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I dunno, I think a Bone Splitterz update would have only been the same size as the 5 kits the Ironjawz got and whilst they need some love I think using those release slots on Ironjawz has given Ironjawz exactly what they need to feel properly rounded. Same with Kruleboyz with their Warcry warband. Now both factions can get a little bit here and there but they have enough that it doesn't need eat a load of production slots. Bonesplitterz on the other hand can now be the next big update for Orruks with a release the size that Slaves or Cities got this edition instead of there being 3 not quite there factions in one book

Kruleboyz definitely feel like they're missing cavalry and an infantry character or two imo. Maybe chuck in a monster that isn't a leader too

Edited by Luperci
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Kruleboyz definitely feel like they're missing cavalry and an infantry character or two imo. Maybe chuck in a monster that isn't a leader too

Oh I agree, neither Kruleboyz nor Ironjawz feel finished, but they both feel like a decent well rounded range that gives players a few options.

Kruleboyz for me needs 2-3 infantry characters, a unit of heavy infantry, another character on monster, a monster and handlers (like the Hydra for Cities), and then either cavalry or chariots. Although I'd take more than that.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, EonChao said:

Oh I agree, neither Kruleboyz nor Ironjawz feel finished, but they both feel like a decent well rounded range that gives players a few options.

Kruleboyz for me needs 2-3 infantry characters, a unit of heavy infantry, another character on monster, a monster and handlers (like the Hydra for Cities), and then either cavalry or chariots. Although I'd take more than that.

A monster with handlers sounds awesome actually, if it's a massive swamp dragon that'd make my year

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I honestly believe they need to split troggs off of Gitz, enabling room for the gitmobs to grow. Troggs can then expand with other variants/sizes/critters (stalagsquigs?). Sure, trolls and goblins go together, but gitz are four and a bit subfactions in one tome (night gobbos, squigs, spiders, trolls, with gitmob leftover). There's room in destruction, if GW cares to expand upon the armies and split off a few factions to come into their own.

The other thing missing from the Bigger Waaagh are warmachines. Kruleboyz get one and a few mounted units, but after Ironjaws got the Cabbage Wyvern, they just sort of...fizzled. Ditto Kragnos- they hinted at his lost civilisation, and the upcoming rite of Life, but there was no narrative to try and resurrect his race or anything. I haven't read any of the dawnbringer books, but I'm hopeful that the little Pwny does something relevant soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, lele said:

The book is available to pre-order on or after launch day 11/11/2023 , its very hopeful to have new model.

I admire the optimism. When they released the Prince Maesa novel I assumed it meant AoS Wanderers were safe.

So while they do sometimes release models to go with books I wouldn't read too much into it.

16 hours ago, Luperci said:

I think it's expected they'll recieve a single character model similar to how broken realms gave us kragnos before the kruleboyz and psychic awakening gave us illuminor szeras before the necrons. However arks of omen didn't have any tyranid content so who knows.

Yes and no : Kragnos is not really part of Kruleboyz release .

Yes , no tyranids showed up during Ark of omen campaign. 

So I don't wait skaven release during Dawnbringers campaign while we have strong hints and rumors on Dok/Morai heg , Obr , Std , Khorne and Cities.

Apparently from book 3 we know that Drogrukh ( scions of Kragnos) are still alive ....👹

• Like 2

BL and special minis have a weird relationship. Where GW does release them, sometimes it’s well after the book is out (that 40k White Consuls hero, plastic Gaunt’s Ghosts, Gotrek), sometimes it’s just in time to coordinate with a new release, effectively premiering a new BL character (Commissar Raine, Drekki Flynt, that vampire).

They’re very hit and miss. Tbh the fact that we haven’t seen any hint of a mini for the Godeater’s Son suggests that there won’t be anything connected to it. Don’t forget, it was previewed a full year ago and the ebook was released back at the start of 2023, so it’s just the paperback that’s coming out.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes and no : Kragnos is not really part of Kruleboyz release .

Yes , no tyranids showed up during Ark of omen campaign. 

So I don't wait skaven release during Dawnbringers campaign while we have strong hints and rumors on Dok/Morai heg , Obr , Std , Khorne and Cities.

Apparently from book 3 we know that Drogrukh ( scions of Kragnos) are still alive ....👹

What are scions of kragnos ?