The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

I apologise for telling people that Warcry wasn't getting a new "vs set".

I swear they implied that at Warhammer Fest, and a Goonhammer article at the time said the same thing so I wasn't the only one mistaken, but...

Mea culpa.

It looks like a different style of vs set at least. Smaller looking box, less terrain and extra bits. Probably they scaled them down and made them a bit cheaper because the old style boxes weren't selling well enough.

• Like 1

Just now, madmac said:

It looks like a different style of vs set at least. Smaller looking box, less terrain and extra bits. Probably they scaled them down and made them a bit cheaper because the old style boxes weren't selling well enough.

With Ashes of Faith for Kill Team they admitted they wanted to try something 'different' without terrain, so it does seem both games are experimenting with their boxsets. 

Fun reveal lots more than I expected:

Space Marines:
As the proud owner of a (for sale) Space Marine army I will say that everything looked good but also pretty darn repetitive.

AOS:
Reign of the Brute - Trugg is just fantastic and that box set is just wonderful. As a sleepy individual with a civilization built upon my back I can relate. The Orruks are great to no one’s surprise. Zoggrock and Klonk are a fun named duo but a little simplistic and I hope they are fun to play (Okay Klonk is not simple). Ragerz and Wrekkaz are exactly what I want out of Ironjawz even just from the narrative perspective of Orruk Slayers and Fanatics! Ardboyz really great and looking forward to seeing them on the battlefield.

HH:
I feel like I am going to lose friends here but I think Primaris are better than First Born or whatever the old school are called. I did like Beakies but I find these less interesting.
My ambivalence towards marines does not apply to artillery Mech that Dorito Dreadnaught is dope! I also think the new set is pretty good looking value assuming it is not too pricey.

Warcry:
Hunter and Hunted— Okay I need this so badly the Gorgers are amazing and the terrain is pretty amazing. I feel like I will get prices out of this but maybe if I can trade my space marines for the new Cities box I can get this and build out two armies. Still those Gorgers will make it into my Ogor army and might proxy as Ogroids. I am reading the once and future king so the Wildercorps feel really at home with my current fantasy imagination. I kind of like the small terrain piece thing but I also expect the boxes to be too expensive for what we get.

Blood bowl:
LOL and YES!
Cool looking models that will look great in AOS with some work.

Underworlds
This game should just always feature Idoneth as the models are fantastic and gets us some critters, the Slaanesh models are unbelievable too! The jellyfish on the hero’s base is so nice but that squid is the star. Still keeping my nose out of the game but I love the models. There is some nice old school call backs with the Slaanesh models.

Old World:
UNICORN, I am getting this no matter what! She will become a central point of all my narratives! Also my poor painting will butcher it lol
Resin… Possible Primarch costs… okay never mind :(

Horus Heresy 2.0:
Fulgrim I was so excited that they were announcing Emperor’s children and I was so ready to get this. Between this, the resin unicorn and Trugg this has been the most trolly reveal ever and I am into it!

I say Warcry takes it for the day, with AOS as a close second. Old World would have won if only the Unicorn was plastic. 

13 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

With the upcoming Blacktalon kit that makes three Idoneth Ticecaster models.... Idoneth wave two confirmed?

Blacktalon one has Soulscryer look and this is tidecaster. Looks like we got little preview of elite namarti unit which they might get in future. 

• Like 1