The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah but with mixed Vanguard, you create a box that has 0 synergy and mostly is a very bad start for players. Like for example the Slaanesh Vanguard is 100% mortals and it's not mixed demons/mortals... With a mixed subfaction Vanguard, what will beginner Warclans players play ? Big Waaagh ? If they want to expand into IJ/KB, they'll have to pay up front for the kits. 

That's the problem of the book. That box must stay for months or years and Krule as a starter faction would be away sooner.

If we expect a pure IJ Vanguard them It is most possible that they duplicate a kit to avoid have almost all the range on a box.

EDIT: On sales terms, the Ironjawz Start Collecting was a mistake.

Edited by Nezzhil

14 minutes ago, AzarFreymann said:

Yup, a mix OW vanguard would be a missed opportunities for GW to make money I think. Like another one said, the Daemon Patrol for Daemons of Chao is only a Khorne box, and it make sense.

My bet for the Vanguard 

10 Ardboyz
3 Gruntas
5 brutes/weirdbrutes
Warchanter/Megaboss/Big boss Ardboy

OR

10 Arbdoyz
3 Gruntas/5 brutes/weirddbrutes
1 Maw Grunta

But I hope we'll still have choice to play one of the 3 subfactions and a Big Waaagh! I hope some of our rules/warscrolls will be improved (better save/bravery, some wards, tc.)

Probably the Megaboss as the leader since he encompasses everything about Ironjawz.

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

That's the problem of the book. That box must stay for months or years and Krule as a starter faction would be away sooner.

If we expect a pure IJ Vanguard them It is most possible that they duplicate a kit to avoid have almost all the range on a box.

EDIT: On sales terms, the Ironjawz Start Collecting was a mistake.

If you look at kharadron  vanguard this a pretty good entry to buy twice . Also it’s not impossible that they make a vanguard kruleboyz box with actual dominion kb part.

Just now, Grunbag said:

If you look at kharadron  vanguard this a pretty good entry to buy twice . Also it’s not impossible that they make a vanguard kruleboyz box with actual dominion kb part.

I prefer no use exceptions as a term to especulate or discuss, because that moves me away from the most plausible solution. If I do that I can argue that the Vanguard would be a Bonesplitterz box with new models that would be released later and nobody can't say that I am wrong.

17 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

He said is an Orruk Warclans box

Yes but that’s really unclear as all other orruk warclan box we got before contained only one subfaction . 
like battleforce or regiment of renown , both labeled orruk warclan and only had some kb inside . 42599948-8609-4F3B-8898-7383B52232B7.png.282f0de3d2a54f0677bd09b746586ac3.png

C0123C29-6E48-481B-8B48-42E59AB828A6.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Yes but that’s really unclear as all other orruk warclan box we got before contained only one subfaction . 
like battleforce or regiment of renown , both labeled orruk warclan and only had some kb inside . 42599948-8609-4F3B-8898-7383B52232B7.png.282f0de3d2a54f0677bd09b746586ac3.png

C0123C29-6E48-481B-8B48-42E59AB828A6.jpeg

You are comparing limited boxes with a box that must be the start reference of the army during years. That's the motive that I think it would be a mix.

We can use the Path of Glory rules, then 3 units would be Ironjawz and 1 unit would be Krule.

Megaboss

10 Guttrippaz

5 Brutes

1 Maw-Grunta/3 Gore-Grunta

EDIT: That's almost 600 points and It is fully playable for a PoG campaign

Edited by Nezzhil

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You are comparing limited boxes with a box that must be the start reference of the army during years. That's the motive that I think it would be a mix.

We can use the Path of Glory rules and then 3 units would be Ironjawz and 1 unit would be Krule.

Megaboss

10 Guttrippaz

5 Brutes

1 Maw-Grunta/3 Gore-Grunta

This is the only orruk warclan reference we have . 
also I’m sure there will be ard boyz in the vanguard (or another upcoming ironjawz) . There no reason they waited to reveal the vanguard of there were not any new unit Inside . 
if there were only the maw grunta as new unit in the vanguard they would likely reveal it when they showed the maw grunta . That’s my guess . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

That's the problem of the book

Orruk Warclans are 3 armies in 1 book, with a Lethis-like supplement to legally play with all the miniatures in the book.

That's the problem, each army should have their own book, like any other battletome

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm a Orruk player and I don't want that. The problem of the book is that it is a start edition book and the design is simple, but the 4 in 1 is something special and I LOVE it. I want a better and deeper design on future books, but with that point as the center of the faction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm a Orruk player and I don't want that. The problem of the book is that it is a start edition book and the design is simple, but the 4 in 1 is something special and I LOVE it. I want a better and deeper design on future books, but with that point as the center of the faction.

I’m also a big waaagh player and I hope the same for future book . 

• Like 1

Just now, Grunbag said:

I’m also a big waaagh player and I hope the same for future book . 

When you play Big Waaagh you start feeling something special. Possibilities that any of the factions can't make and develop strategies impossible with Krule, IJ or Bones. You can be Cunnin' and Brutal, be patient with magic and steal objetives with your boarboyz, and after that crush your enemy with your brutes.

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Appart from being a KO player, I'm a Kruleboyz player too (my second army). And I want to have one book for my boyz,.

I want to have 6-10 subfactions, more than 3 traits and 4 artifacts (poor IJ, they have LESS artifacts because Kruleboyz were the new shiny models), a spell lore with more than 4 spells in it, more than 3 Grand Strategies and 3 battle tactics... KOs are not a starter army but our book doubles most of the options for Kruleboyz.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Appart from being a KO player, I'm a Kruleboyz player too (my second army). And I want to have one book for my boyz,.

I want to have 6-10 subfactions, more than 3 traits and 4 artifacts (poor IJ, they have LESS artifacts because Kruleboyz were the new shiny models), a spell lore of more than 4 spells, more than 3 Grand Strategies and 3 battle tactics... KOs are not a starter army but our book doubles most of the options for Kruleboyz.

They don’t need to split the armies into different book to give them more trait / artefact / spell . They can increase it in a single book too 

• Like 2

Just now, Grunbag said:

They don’t need to split the armies into different book to give them more trait / artefact / spell . They can increase it in a single book too 

Maybe, but the only book that has 3 armies in it is Orruk Warclans, and they cut in half all the options compared to any other book...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

Warclans BT is 136 pages. It's already a big BT, but I think they should make it a 150+ pages BT like they did with the SCE one (180+ pages) to cover everything there is to cover in there. More pages means more lore, and more enhancements to choose from. Apart from that, I don't think you need more allegiance abilities, just rewrite the current ones (Warclans is an old book by this edition's standards, the rules have been powercrept a lot). Just rewrite better and add a little more enhancements, and more lore and illustrations pls !

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Warclans BT is 136 pages. It's already a big BT, but I think they should make it a 150+ pages BT like they did with the SCE one (180+ pages) to cover everything there is to cover in there. More pages means more lore, and more enhancements to choose from. Apart from that, I don't think you need more allegiance abilities, just rewrite the current ones (Warclans is an old book by this edition's standards, the rules have been powercrept a lot). Just rewrite better and add a little more enhancements, and more lore and illustrations pls !

This !

20 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe, but the only book that has 3 armies in it is Orruk Warclans, and they cut in half all the options compared to any other book...

I think I don't mind the thought of soup times as much of they all get a vanguard/starter kit.

Say if they merge DoK and a new Malerian faction then as long as they still uabe a vanguard  box each then it takes the sting out the souping for me

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

They are promoting Big Waaagh. I doubt it. It is like expecting the union of Fyreslayer and KO

Which has been a pretty rumored thing (joining all dwarfs with the removal of CoS dwarvens), so not so weird xD

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

When you play Big Waaagh you start feeling something special. Possibilities that any of the factions can't make and develop strategies impossible with Krule, IJ or Bones. You can be Cunnin' and Brutal, be patient with magic and steal objetives with your boarboyz, and after that crush your enemy with your brutes.

This makes me sad for how awesome new Cities could have been 😥

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Which has been a pretty rumored thing (joining all dwarfs with the removal of CoS dwarvens), so not so weird xD

Duardin Soup has been rumoured for years, but there's been no further signs pointing to it that weren't there in 2.0.

Remember late-2021/early 2022 when every clickbaiter was insisting it was going to happen, then the Fyreslayer Battletome dropped and they got conspicuously quiet about it for a while? 

I'm sure when 4.0 drops it'll start all over again.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I rather they just split out the Warclanz book and just get rid of Big WAAGH ( mainly because GW is really bad at soup that they even being going away with mixing stuff up as a play design) even if this may cause the end of Bonesplitterz 

the problem with continuing souping is that the Warclanz units all occupy a lot of the same role and many infantry units would just be redundant. It just be cherry pick the best options.

also at least between Ironjawz and Kruleboyz, there no uniformity between the two ranges they basically should have be two seperate army to have begin with. If they where split it also be better from a model release stand point because at least your one obligatory foot hero per edition is actually is part of the army you like.

• Like 7