The Rumour Thread

What a lovely little tease and some awesome art today!! 2023 really is kicking things off!!

I cannot wait to see these Warbands shown off.

Also if the Destruction Warband is Gloomspite I could see some new Troggoths making their way onto the scene!! After all Seraphon got some new Terrawings!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

This thing above the figure's head it driving me nuts. is it a fan? a tree? a centurion style helmet crest? 

image.png.a32b6c6abd8ad9a60b8578e7d26c436e.png

It's a skull.

It's an odd skull, and it might be a stylised recreation of a skull instead of a literal skull, but it's a skull. You can see it a bit better in the AoS in 2023 video.

aosVampire.jpg

//

As to it being a vampire, the box is called Bloodhunt and we have "Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt" on the Gnarlwood map next to a vampiric icon. 

Edited by LordSolarMach
Added picture.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

All of you are totally forgetting that Lumineth didn‘t get anything in the last few months (!!!!), so this figure will probably be some atypical Lumineth mini. 👍 ****** your vampires and Slaanesh ideas, what we need are more Lumineth! 😎

@MitGas, don’t invoke the blasted elgi!!! We finally got Hashut themed bulls, if you invoke the long ears we will have to wait another two years for chorfs!

Thinking out of the box here. Things havent been what they seem with these warbands. What about a non-greenskin Destruction warband. Imho it wouldnt be out of the possibility that it could represent Gorkamorka iconography. It could be an appetizer of a more to come in the future. I would love more humanoid Destruction armies, it doesnt need to be all Orruks and Ogors.

And now for the art:

image.png.7555323994d8b2d556b8929ff040046f.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Draznak said:

Because that's the pattern GW has set up for Warcry this season. Each box : chaos god's warband vs. Grand Alliance's warband.

Box 1 : Nurgle (Rotmire Creed) vs. Chaos (Slaves to Darkness's Hashut Horn)

Box 2 : Tzeentch (Jade Obelisk) vs. Order (Seraphon's Hunters of Huanchi)

Box 3 : Khorne (without a doubt) vs. Death (probably)

Box 4 : Slaanesh (-) vs. Destruction (-)

There is no slaanesh symbol on the map by the way ...

Chaos undivided got chaos legionaires too 

HYxSm9D.jpg

"Quest" could be something human related like Campe fortune or Strongpoint Tolemar 

The great stinkhorn is where Underworlds 's Grinkrak looncourt warband comes from : " A denizen of the Gnarlwood, Grinkrak holds court around the ‘Great Stinkhorn’ – a particularly colossal mushroom" (from Warscroll)

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rattila said:

Well, not tomb king, but if it is Death, why not Ossiarch ? They also have a samourai -esque inspiration. 

In the AoS in 2023 video we can see the model in profile, confirming that they have a very human face. Normal brow, nose, lips, etc. And seemingly topped with hair, while lacking bony knobbly bits.

11 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

aosVampire.jpg

Edited by LordSolarMach

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

40K Engine today Mortals.

CsgIY5Xya8xseATy.jpg

It looks like a light, with two cameras/sensors underneath the lens, and two speakers or perhaps engines on either side. New space dwarf piece? some kind of robotic probe for adeptus mechanicus? Or just another amazing sculpt for Necromunda that makes you wish the necromunda and Underworld design teams would combine forces and take over primary model design for 40K or AoS? :) 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Are you telling me this could be some Jade Vampire like Vampires? Cos I'll buy it, I'll buy 10, is that what you want, cos I'll do it!

Okay I’m actually starting to get mad at GW. Are the Soulblight Gravelords supposed to be classic gothic undead, Russian/Slavic wolfmen, or that strange mix of Asian/Egyptian aesthetic that the bonereapers are rocking?!?! I’ll still buy the new models, it’s just getting hard to keep an army theme together.

18 hours ago, Draznak said:

Because that's the pattern GW has set up for Warcry this season. Each box : chaos god's warband vs. Grand Alliance's warband.

Box 1 : Nurgle (Rotmire Creed) vs. Chaos (Slaves to Darkness's Hashut Horn)

Box 2 : Tzeentch (Jade Obelisk) vs. Order (Seraphon's Hunters of Huanchi)

Box 3 : Khorne (without a doubt) vs. Death (probably)

Box 4 : Slaanesh (-) vs. Destruction (-)

A thought about this: the Gnarlwood map has four locations marked with splashes of colour to differentiate them (Skinslough Fen, The Wyrdlights, Bloodmad Ravage, and The Tainted Wound).

Now, we associate Skinslough Fen with the Rotmire Creed (though I don't recall them being explicitly from there...), and the Jade Obelisk are tied into the Wyrdlights (via WarCom). And the coming Khornate lot are probably going to have something to do with the Bloodmad Ravage.

But the Tainted Wound... I've seen a lot of people assume that they have something to do with the Horns of Hashut, or Be'Lakor's Legionnaires, but in the rulebook faction blurbs it's stated to be where the Beasts of Chaos gather, erecting herdstones. The same blurb mentions that the Beastmen consider the Gnarlwood to be the sacred resting place of an "ancient, mutant entity" called Soulshrieker.

So I think there's a possibility that Nightmare Quest could have to do with BoC.

57 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Im a fan of mixed cultural aesthetics across soulblight myself. 

Don't get me wrong, I like it as well. I just wish GW sticked with one particular mixture instead of trying multiple designs in one faction. to me the perfect blend would be Egyptian+Slavic/Russian folklore and design. It ties well with Nagash and Neferata's original design, while also keeping the Vyrkos bloodline in the mix. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Don't get me wrong, I like it as well. I just wish GW sticked with one particular mixture instead of trying multiple designs in one faction. to me the perfect blend would be Egyptian+Slavic/Russian folklore and design. It ties well with Nagash and Neferata's original design, while also keeping the Vyrkos bloodline in the mix. 

Fair enough. I like it because it shows the soulblight curse isn't a culture in and of itself and for me helps to flesh out the setting a bit in that it shows anyone, anywhere can be stricken. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Okay I’m actually starting to get mad at GW. Are the Soulblight Gravelords supposed to be classic gothic undead, Russian/Slavic wolfmen, or that strange mix of Asian/Egyptian aesthetic that the bonereapers are rocking?!?! I’ll still buy the new models, it’s just getting hard to keep an army theme together.

Nice thing about vampires, is that they are multi-ethnic! all you need it to be bitten and voila! a new vampire spawn. Honetly I'd love to see some non-human vampires appear. Elven or dwarven vampires, or even Ogor/Ork vampires. Add some spice to the line. The Vrykos take on werewolves I felt was a nice edition, created a unique aesthetic for a branch of the Soulblight Line. 

Now give me a clan of vampric goblins from Ghur!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

No minotaur beats zealot miniatures imo but claybeast has some great monsters (cockatrice and chimera).

I happen to follow claybeast's Patreon, he has some really solid sculpts. If you have a chance, you should look again at his fallen beasts line, He's got a whole plethora of minotaurs, and some really neat shoggoth/dragon ogor stand-ins

Clay Beast Creation

And I use his Flying Terrors in my Soulblight Gravelords force

Undead flying terrors fell bats A from Clay Beast Creation 3D image 1

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2