The Rumour Thread

Honestly I am surprise that Tzeentch is that low.

well if we are going by age of last big release for all the low kit armies it would be Ogors, FS, Tzeentch, and KO. And then it be DoK and  Deepkin.

What do we think about the theory that what has been released in Dawnbringers could be an indicator of the next edition releases? I had no idea that this happened with Broken Realms, but it is surprising as it is not fitting 100% with what we expect for the less supported armies.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What do we think about the theory that what has been released in Dawnbringers could be an indicator of the next edition releases? I had no idea that this happened with Broken Realms, but it is surprising as it is not fitting 100% with what we expect for the less supported armies.

Broken Realms result:
- Warsong -> A lot of Sylvaneth content
- Be'lakor -> S2D release centered in him
- Kragnos -> Kruleboyz + Ironjawz
- Kroak -> Seraphon
- Cruciator -> NH receives two kits instead one
- Two sisters -> Slaanesh mortals (before 3rd ends)
- The Van Dest -> Cities
- Gardus -> well...

These are all the releases not related to Teclis with new models

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Kits sold currently on the web. So all counts. Terrain, warbands and whatever they want to include, like Kragnos to SoB or Ogors.

In the end, if GWs put them under their page section for AoS, they are counting them for AoS, IMO.

That's still only 13 😕

Fyreslayer range is also 'boosted' to 13 by Gotrek being in the FS category (even though he doesn't have rules in the FS book or any particular synergy with FS). Of the 12 remaining kits, 2 are units, 1 is a hero/behemoth kit, 1 is terrain, 1 is magmic invocations, 1 is a warcry warband and 6 are foot heroes.

• Thanks 3

the theory is that they tend to make new models for an army in bulks and not one off (unless it’s the obligatory foot heroes) and  models release during the end of editions narrative supplements are sometimes teasing the future.

if it hold true it be 

FS, Nurgle, Gitz (well they got 2 releases), SCE (well duh), Sylvaneth,  Soulblight, and DoK.

i guess for their sake we can count the Gorger release for Ogors to be in there even if Ogors didn’t officially get a Dawnbringer release.

IJ, FEC, and Slaves are questionable since they got full or big releases during Dawnbringers.

of course they maybe smaller releases like NH and Sylvaneth from last edition but just more then one hero (honestly I think NH stuff where actually Soul wars leftovers) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Using the data from @Ejecutor 's sheet:

It's interesting to see a different way of looking at AoS minis ranges. Personally, I count 1 kit = 1 reference per army. It doesn't matter how many entries the kit allows.

For example, with Sons of Behemat, I only count one kit as it allows me to make all mega-gargant options available : King Brodd/Gatebreaker/Kraken-eater/Warstomper/Beast-smasher. I'm not counting Kragnos either, which is inter-army for me (like Nagash for Death).

Using Idoneth example given above, I also add characters that are only available in start collecting (Soulscryer in the case of Idoneth, which makes 12 refs for them, excluding Underworlds warband/terrain).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

the theory is that they tend to make new models for an army in bulks and not one off (unless it’s the obligatory foot heroes) and  models release during the end of editions narrative supplements are sometimes teasing the future.

if it hold true it be 

FS, Nurgle, Gitz (well they got 2 releases), SCE (well duh), Sylvaneth,  Soulblight, and DoK.

i guess for their sake we can count the Gorger release for Ogors to be in there even if Ogors didn’t officially get a Dawnbringer release.

IJ, FEC, and Slaves are questionable since they got full or big releases during Dawnbringers.

of course they maybe smaller releases like NH and Sylvaneth from last edition but just more then one hero (honestly I think NH stuff where actually Soul wars leftovers) 

Uhh. I totally forgot Soulblight when I was thinking about this. Imo one of the most curious cases if they get a "decent" release. I would also add Ogors just because it is the most obvious faction in need, but then we would have to include LRL as well, which could be a hint for Tirion.

And CoS. Don't forget CoS with the Wildercoprses (if we are counting Ogors) and Callis and Toll. We know the Cogfort is coming, so this one is almost confirmed.

15 minutes ago, Draznak said:

It's interesting to see a different way of looking at AoS minis ranges. Personally, I count 1 kit = 1 reference per army. It doesn't matter how many entries the kit allows.

For example, with Sons of Behemat, I only count one kit as it allows me to make all mega-gargant options available : King Brodd/Gatebreaker/Kraken-eater/Warstomper/Beast-smasher. I'm not counting Kragnos either, which is inter-army for me (like Nagash for Death).

Using Idoneth example given above, I also add characters that are only available in start collecting (Soulscryer in the case of Idoneth, which makes 12 refs for them, excluding Underworlds warband/terrain).

Yeah, Soulscryer and all those kind of heroes kidnapped in the big boxes have been included. In the end, opting for the references in the store has been the easiest way when you don't have deep knowledge of all the armies, but if everyone agrees that some tweaks should be made to the sheet I wouldn't mind having another version/ another column where stuff like Kragnos or terrain is removed to have different ways to measure it.

If the consensus is to go for a sheet tweak we can create a thread for it. I think it is a nice tool for theorizing about future releases.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

if it hold true it be 

Having mentioned Ogors, don't forget Lumineth as well, I guess 99% they will get water-themed wave in the upcoming edition (at least a hero, a unit and an avatar with warcry band included in tome already).

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Honestly I am surprise that Tzeentch is that low.

Me too - WFB era would be Mutalith, Magister, and different kind of deamons (bar the Lord of Change and the Blue/Brimstone Horrors), but still ? 

BTW you all forgot about MAGGOTKIN OF NURGLE - going by Dawnbringer 1 and the rumor engines, we should immediately receive more models. Any day now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Ironjawz and FEC got the Sylvaneth/Nighthaunt treatment. FEC could use even another larger wave with refreshes for Knight units and their monsters (I hope for a Terrorgheist/Morbheg dual kit). IJ could use some range if they're getting wholly seperated from Kruleboyz, perhaps a catapult could fit them, or some kind of javelin throwers unit. 99120103072_ORKSKillRigHuntaRigLeadAlt.jpg.325219050b468a39a9a83ddb4c47592d.jpg

Imagine this pulled by a big pig with a catapult in the back.

Edited by pitzok
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, pitzok said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Ironjawz and FEC got the Sylvaneth/Nighthaunt treatment. FEC could use even another larger wave with refreshes for Knight units and their monsters (I hope for a Terrorgheist/Morbheg dual kit). IJ could use some range if they're getting wholly seperated from Kruleboyz, perhaps a catapult could fit them, or some kind of javelin throwers unit. 99120103072_ORKSKillRigHuntaRigLeadAlt.jpg.325219050b468a39a9a83ddb4c47592d.jpg

Imagine this pulled by a big pig with a catapult in the back.

Or the IJ release could be counted as Warclans and give some stuff to both IJ and KB.

8 minutes ago, pitzok said:

This might seem crazy but what if they got a unit with slings, but instead of stones they throw goblins that claw at the enemy.

image.png.42b7ee5912de8cf629dbc1776ad3ab14.png

"Please excuse my memeing. I BUSTED whichever hand it is I meme with."

😂

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1