The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

gitmob are definitely being built back up again after being squatted. I'm fully expecting another gitz wave in the first year of aos4 to release new grots and spiders so ToW can have the current ones, I could see gitmob making it in if the release is big enough.

I think the largest armies in the game can stand to take a single foot hero this edition while the smaller factions get wave 2s. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I think the largest armies in the game can stand to take a single foot hero this edition while the smaller factions get wave 2s. 

Its not a statement on which armies should get updates, but I think there are a lot of signs for a gitz release. If it was based on need Fyreslayers and Ogors would be at the top. We all know popular armies get way more support though, and I think they underestimated the popularity of gitz before they released.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Its not a statement on which armies should get updates, but I think there are a lot of signs for a gitz release. If it was based on need Fyreslayers and Ogors would be at the top. We all know popular armies get way more support though, and I think they underestimated the popularity of gitz before they released.

if you're talking about the harbingers as a sign for a gitz release, then fyreslayers should also be getting a release wave. Do we think nurgle's getting a release wave too? New plaguebearers and drones, maybe pestigors too

5 minutes ago, Luperci said:

if you're talking about the harbingers as a sign for a gitz release, then fyreslayers should also be getting a release wave. Do we think nurgle's getting a release wave too? New plaguebearers and drones, maybe pestigors too

I don't think Harbingers are a sign of new releases, what seems to be clear is that they are pruning the WHFB kits, and Gitz still have a few of them. That fixed with some of the AoS only more needed for releases would be a good guess for the upcoming two editions.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think Harbingers are a sign of new releases, what seems to be clear is that they are pruning the WHFB kits, and Gitz still have a few of them. That fixed with some of the AoS only more needed for releases would be a good guess for the upcoming two editions.

new spiders then? or do we think they're just getting axed. I'm ngl I'd prefer more gitmob stuff like the wolf riders over spider grots

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

new spiders then? or do we think they're just getting axed. I'm ngl I'd prefer more gitmob stuff like the wolf riders over spider grots

They just lost a couple of minis. So I guess it is a refresh. Otherwise, it would have made sense to announce it all together.

4 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Harbingers led into trugg.
But the signs as I see it are:

• Old world split: We need new grots, and to either get rid of or update spiders, and maybe updated fellwaters
    • If they were getting rid of spiders they would've done it now, but they didn't, which means they're in the index. They only got rid of the resin scuttleboss.
  • Gitz are very popular, and if they started working on a second gitz wave ASAP we'd probably be seeing it around then.
    • I think they underestimated the popularity, look at lumineth/StD releases as a comparison for what they do for popular armies
  • The snarlfang rider kit was a very weird off one-off. There's rumors about it being the AoS team "staking a claim" to gitmob, if so it might've been pushed up in its release date from this release.

I'm not actually sure if Gitmob will show up, but I'm expecting at least new spider riders, a new arachnarok, new grots, probably a replacement scuttleboss thing (might just be a monstrous cav unit). Gitmob could get fleshed out decently with 3-5 kits so its possible since then you'd have a release of 4-9 kits.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Depends because armies that got Broken realms releases was a very accurate sign of what armies got stuff in 3rd (except LRL because their BR lead to an odd battletome release with a second wave )

Edited by novakai

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Depends because Broken realms was a very accurate sign of what armies got stuff in 3rd (except LRL because their BR lead to an odd battletome release with a second wave )

If that's true it will be:

- GSG
- FS
- FEC
- SCE
- Warclans rather than IJ? Presumably KB?
- Sylvaneth
- CoS
- Ogors
- DoK
- LRL?
- More S2D? Maybe this one is a bit too much.

It would make sense in terms of giving love to needed armies.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Harbingers led into trugg.
But the signs as I see it are:

• Old world split: We need new grots, and to either get rid of or update spiders, and maybe updated fellwaters
    • If they were getting rid of spiders they would've done it now, but they didn't, which means they're in the index. They only got rid of the resin scuttleboss.
  • Gitz are very popular, and if they started working on a second gitz wave ASAP we'd probably be seeing it around then.
    • I think they underestimated the popularity, look at lumineth/StD releases as a comparison for what they do for popular armies
  • The snarlfang rider kit was a very weird off one-off. There's rumors about it being the AoS team "staking a claim" to gitmob, if so it might've been pushed up in its release date from this release.

I'm not actually sure if Gitmob will show up, but I'm expecting at least new spider riders, a new arachnarok, new grots, probably a replacement scuttleboss thing (might just be a monstrous cav unit). Gitmob could get fleshed out decently with 3-5 kits so it’s possible since then you'd have a release of 4-9 kits.

I’m skeptical that we’ll get Gitmob. If there is another grot faction, I think it will be more creative than Gitmob. Grot sky pirates would be my wish but I think any Mad Max version of grots would be great to give Destruction a technological faction.

Guess I feel like Gitmob is too vanilla and Middle Earth for AOS, and GW is therefore less likely to invest in them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

I’m skeptical that we’ll get Gitmob. If there is another grot faction, I think it will be more creative than Gitmob. Grot sky pirates would be my wish but I think any Mad Max version of grots would be great to give Destruction a technological faction.

Guess I feel like Gitmob is too vanilla and Middle Earth for AOS, and GW is therefore less likely to invest in them.

I expect if it happens it'll be like SBGL or LRL, a clear replacement of the old stuff but with new ideas. Maybe we see stuff like the snarlfang riders but multiple grots on a bear, or a giant wolf avatar like fenrir from norse mythology. I think it'd be cool to see a frazzlegitz/gitmob/hobgrot khaganate faction with some kinda aos twist.

• LOVE IT! 1

48 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If that's true it will be:

- GSG
- FS
- FEC
- SCE
- Warclans rather than IJ? Presumably KB?
- Sylvaneth
- CoS
- Ogors
- DoK
- LRL?
- More S2D? Maybe this one is a bit too much.

It would make sense in terms of giving love to needed armies.

It would go by Dawnbringer box releases, and Ogors/LRL only got warcry releases. Warcry is so and so when it comes to predicting releases, but Ogors like Drukhari are in the need to be desperately updated zone.

You could argue that FEC and S2D Dawnbringer release were tied to the FEC launch /Darkoath release but they could still get stuff in 4th.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I think Arachnarok would be the only models to survive from Spiderfang model. Spider Riders were not named during this edition outside the description of that unit.a

I guess it depends if they want to keep the Native American like aesthetic of the forest goblins that the spiderfang units still have or go a completely different direction with them

Also... 

Hmm, interesting...

Rachel Tongue, Games Workshop's current Chief Financial Officer, has sold roughly $875,000 of her share holdings in the firm, according to a share dealing notification Games Workshop published on Monday.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Also... 

Hmm, interesting...

Rachel Tongue, Games Workshop's current Chief Financial Officer, has sold roughly $875,000 of her share holdings in the firm, according to a share dealing notification Games Workshop published on Monday.

I'm no financial guru but that would traditionally be a bad sign yeah? I mean they're not allowed to trade based on inside knowledge so obviously they would never do that lol.

But maybe it's nothing? 

Hmm on inspection. GW YTD, 6 month and even 1 month stock value is down. I'd love if this was backlash for Beasts of Chaos but A. It's probably just normal stock market stuff and B. It it was backlash it would be from the nerds who don't want to let cooties into their custodes.

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

I guess it depends if they want to keep the Native American like aesthetic of the forest goblins that the spiderfang units still have or go a completely different direction with them

They should have doubled up on the caveman theme with both Spiderfang and Bonesplitterz and put them in the same tome. But i guess that wont be happening anymore.

8 minutes ago, The Red King said:

nerds who don't want to let cooties into their custodes.

From what I've gathered its not about the cooties at all, its about the slap to said nerds intelligence and the adding of said cooties for no other reason than to just add cooties to meet some invisible cootie quota. 

Might be in for a wild hobby ride, forum fam.... 😬

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Confused 8

8 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

From what I've gathered its not about the cooties at all its about the slap to said nerds intelligence and the adding of said cooties for no other reason than to just add cooties to meet some invisible cootie quota. 

Might be in for a wild hobby ride, forum fam.... 😬

No way that people have stirred up enough of a fuss to cause the CFO to sell stock. If these GW corpos are even aware that the greasy internet content creators at the forefront of the controversy exist, I'd be surprised. I'd guess it's just stock trading stuff and we'll be none the wiser as to why they did this. Random shot in the dark maybe the amazon deal went sour or more problems with the new factory?

Edited by Luperci
  • Thanks 1