The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Fixed.

It is so ironic... Clearly something is completely messed around at GW.

(At the start)

”Hey we should do an Era of the Beast to incorporate the BoC better as we expand with primordial elemental models and more factions getting beastly units & heroes!”

”Hey yeah, good idea!”

(around 2020 global problems & TOW divide lines)

”Okay so the idea is already going but things…changed.”

”How so?”

”Well. It’s still gonna be called the Era of the Beast but it’s gonna also be the END of the Era of the Beast.”

”Oh….”

• Sad 1

Well at least with the point of Firebelly. Since GW has been more aggressive in culling Resin and Metal model and Ogor Mawtribe (Yhetees, Frostsabre, Firebelly, maneater, and icebrow hunter) has the last holdovers of them in Sigmar, 4th edition is probably where their fate is going to be finally decided. 

Weather there get an actual Ogor release and all or some of them are refresh, being removed completely the Mawtribe range, or going the Drukhari route is all up to speculation. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well at least with the point of Firebelly. Since GW has been more aggressive in culling Resin and Metal model and Ogor Mawtribe (Yhetees, Frostsabre, Firebelly, maneater, and icebrow hunter) has the last holdovers of them in Sigmar, 4th edition is probably where their fate is going to be finally decided. 

Weather there get an actual Ogor release and all or some of them are refresh, being removed completely the Mawtribe range, or going the Drukhari route is all up to speculation. 

I could see the Icebrow Hunter being removed completely and having the Bloodpelt Hunter be its replacement. 

With Gorgers updated I cannot wait to see what they do with the Yehtees. One of my favourite concepts in Mawtribes that is let down so heavily by the miniatures.

Maneater seem like definitely a candidate update for sure 

having a maneater be customizable for each Alliance 

Order:  We got a taste with Warhulk & Brutogg Corpse. Ogre with 15th century armor and chainmail with hammer or comet iconography

New Ogres from the cursed city boxed game! : r/Mawtribes

Death: Bone armor with maybe and Ossiach samurai helm

Destruction: More classic ogre

Chaos: already a thing basically spiky armor and chaos iconography

Chaos_Ogres.webp.936dd7ca11e45d03b1d93e1a80f034ce.webp

That’d be nice if the shared reason the Iron Golems(which also has a Chuardin in it) & Hashut warbands are going away is because neo-Man Eaters units & Chaos Duardin are in the cards for AoS4(and will flesh out those units/warbands anyway)

image.jpeg.5eb9cef118ab74def39da303bf964190.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

That’d be nice if the shared reason the Iron Golems(which also has a Chuardin in it) & Hashut warbands are going away is because neo-Man Eaters units & Chaos Duardin are in the cards for AoS4(and will flesh out those units/warbands anyway)

The design of the iron golems wouldn‘t be too bad for chaos dwarfs either I think… the ones in armor, obviously not the ones with tall hats (I want at least one with a tall hat!). 

In other news, the whole Custodes thing is really generating a huge backlash now that GW said there always were female Custodes, even the large streamers like Asmongold (is that how you spell it?) talk about it. I know, I know, a bit off-topic here but still an interesting topic. You can find the poopstorm on YT if you care! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Was that an Ogor? I always thought it was a human.

9 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Darkoath box ordered, luckily it wasn't too limited and I hope everyone else that wanted one got theirs. 

The FEC armyset lasted until the normal FEC release was available. So hopefully this one too.

I am still in doubt with the Darkoath armyset. The mini's are amazing. If they had released it a year ago. I would have bought it immediately, but now I will wait a bit. I want to see more of AoS 4th edition, before buying a box of 155 euro.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

The FEC armyset lasted until the normal FEC release was available. So hopefully this one too.

I am still in doubt with the Darkoath armyset. The mini's are amazing. If they had released it a year ago. I would have bought it immediately, but now I will wait a bit. I want to see more of AoS 4th edition, before buying a box of 155 euro.

What are you waiting for? New minis aesthetic? Rules?

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

What are you waiting for? New minis aesthetic? Rules?

Lol, mainly money 😄

There is so much cool stuff that will be released soon Vixtrix Medievals, TOW dwarfes. This Darkoath set, I can't buy everything. 😉 

I want to know more about AoS 4th, before spending that kind of money.

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Was that an Ogor? I always thought it was a human.

The name of the model is called an Ogor Breacher in Warcry but I am guessing it more similar to a city Ogor then a Mawtribe Ogor.

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@MitGas They even adjusted the wiki to reflect their BS.

While I don‘t have a problem with it per se, I just don‘t understand it - we got Sisters of Battle and Sisters of Silence (who are just as cool as Custodes imo), so why change firmly established lore? But thankfully I don‘t really care - I think GW will have a huge backlash if they add women to Space Marines retroactively. They could add them just like they added Primaris. I don‘t want really need or want female Spees Marines, we got Sisters (will we get Brothers of Battle too?) but why not make it in a way that doesn‘t change the IP‘s history? I think it‘s very unfair to say Warhammer doesn‘t have enough cool female forces/options, so I don‘t get it. We got badass female-only stuff, lots of mixed forces like Eldar, then we got one of everything with Slaanesh, so why chose this approach? So my wish is to integrate it well, precisely what GW isn‘t doing. 😂

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

You are way too reasonable for this hobby, mate! 🤣 

It’s just Chuds being Chuds, it’s already starting to full down now that their main instigators are moving onto attacking Battletech & Pokemon for going “Woke”(though the Pokemon Go avatar is atrocious, no two ways about that. But that’s laziness, not agendas)

They’re just being ridiculous now anyone like believing a 4chan poster(who literally said “trust me my uncle works at Nintendo”) about Amazon forcing the change and Cavill about to walk out.

When the YouTubers are reporting stuff like that as credible you know they’re out of stuff to whine with. 😂

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

The name of the model is called an Ogor Breacher in Warcry but I am guessing it more similar to a city Ogor then a Mawtribe Ogor.

Yeah, they both have much thinner bellies which I’m guessing could be the aesthetics of Man-Eaters & other Alliance Ogors going forward.

Gutbusters & Beastclaws= big stomachs from unchecked eating that caused massive damages in the Realmscapes that showed their migration paths.

Underguts_Mawpath.jpg

Order, Chaos, Death Ogors:

flatter stomachs from either having to manage their food intake to exist in a city, chaos cruelty or either being undead or death  powers siphoning nutrition.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

Partial OT:female custodes were never implied to be impossible save for a line about "taken fron nobility of terra Sons".

Custodes creation is not extremely detailed as SM so there was room for details and innovation.

But in the HH Sanguinius mention women and men clad in gold as bodyguard of his father(people thought about sisters of silence but they're not his bodyguard,they're the astra telephatica chamber militant).

It's different from introducing female sm (that need the geneseed of their primarch)...maybe the lazyness of the introduction about them is "bad" (but they did the same with primaris to some extent)but they were never mentioned as "impossible to have".

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, MitGas said:

You are way too reasonable for this hobby, mate! 🤣 

My approach for boxes with big discounts on them is: I like it? I buy it! You never know when GW will raise the prices xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vasshpit said:

@MitGas

While I don't care they did it either, it's the why, and the how. 

I hope this doesn't follow suite as in a disney, etc but I don't have high hopes... we'll see. 

Well note they’ve been wanting to do it for a long time, so said the writers about this.

Higher ups just didn’t pull the trigger since they already made all male models so they said keep it that way.

Probably changing it now since that’ll give the “Femstartes” people(and writers) have been asking for without being too lore breaking since Custodes are made entirely different with advanced & arcane bio means compared to lesser gene-seeds.

• Like 6