The Rumour Thread

Was the Thunderers change the only warscroll update?  I was hoping we'd see more frequent changes due to the fact Warscrolls are free PDFs and available for free in the app.  It could be a great way for GW to adjust things beyond just tweaking points.  IMHO they are missing the main benefit of free scrolls; that being you can update them as often as necessary to bring things back in line with how you intend and adjust things that are too weak/too strong where it really counts.

Edited by wayniac
  • Like 6

Was the Thunderers change the only warscroll update?  I was hoping we'd see more frequent changes due to the fact Warscrolls are free PDFs and available for free in the app.  It could be a great way for GW to adjust things beyond just tweaking points.  IMHO they are missing the main benefit of free scrolls; that being you can update them as often as necessary to bring things back in line with how you intend and adjust things that are too weak/too strong where it really counts.

This^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With compendium armies not included my hellcannons will be strictly consigned to chaos dwarf allies.

i'll be interested to see how many years it takes for forgeworld to catch up and offer its revisions for ghb2017. 

I had rather hoped the collectors edition handbook would have included the open war cards as well, just for the sake of keeping the look the same.

ill be interested to see the new changes now that reveals are starting to happen.

2 hours ago, Kosmion said:

Well my heart bleeds for you Tom? But i have to agree, seems a bit cheesy

For the record, they're five 1 wound models for 100 points on a four up save and no functional melee attack.  They were a high point cost investment and easily removed from the board.  To get some perspective, for their points, you got four times the wounds out of the same number of points of Savage Orc Archers.  The biggest kick in the teeth here is that KO still haven't won an event in their 4 months since release and the illusionary tournament threat of masses of Thunderers murdering everything never materialized.  So they corrected a problem that doesn't seem to have actually hit the table.  

Skyfires on the other hand...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Lyons said:

For the record, they're five 1 wound models for 100 points on a four up save and no functional melee attack.  They were a high point cost investment and easily removed from the board.  To get some perspective, for their points, you got four times the wounds out of the same number of points of Savage Orc Archers.  The biggest kick in the teeth here is that KO still haven't won an event in their 4 months since release and the illusionary tournament threat of masses of Thunderers murdering everything never materialized.  So they corrected a problem that doesn't seem to have actually hit the table.  

hmm i see, thats weird.. I'm not a big tournament-goer myself, but i was under the impression that KO was really strong, but thats only speaking from personal experience ofc. but has this actually been attempted by anyone yet? imo doesn't really seem like GW to correct something potentially broken before people actually starts doing it

17 minutes ago, Kosmion said:

hmm i see, thats weird.. I'm not a big tournament-goer myself, but i was under the impression that KO was really strong, but thats only speaking from personal experience ofc. but has this actually been attempted by anyone yet? imo doesn't really seem like GW to correct something potentially broken before people actually starts doing it

They are strong, just thunderers were never the problem. The infamous ironclad clown car, riggers and khemists are the issue.

23 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I'm told Skyfires are getting a big points increase, like +60/80 points on top of what they are now apparantly.

Edited by Shadowheart

Surely the Clown Car is frequently full of 10 Cannon Thunderers, otherwise why not just take a Frigate and pack that full of Balloons. It's deepstriking just as well as the Ironclad.

The small number of KO lists have tended to float into the top 5 at events. 

Edited by Nico

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I hear ya Thomas,Ive just started KO`s but have yet to even assemble any Thunderers and wasnt planning to use them anyhow(going Balloon and boats,heh)

Overall,seeing this warscroll "adjustment" on the most recently released army is rather concerning as I had thought they were going to mainly do points adjustments for the balancing fixes.Its leaving me wondering just how many of these warscrolls are in the book,,looking at how they went after such a minor offender,I would think that there should be at least dozens if this made the cut for rework.

6 minutes ago, Thostos said:

I hear ya Thomas,Ive just started KO`s but have yet to even assemble any Thunderers and wasnt planning to use them anyhow(going Balloon and boats,heh)

Overall,seeing this warscroll "adjustment" on the most recently released army is rather concerning as I had thought they were going to mainly do points adjustments for the balancing fixes.Its leaving me wondering just how many of these warscrolls are in the book,,looking at how they went after such a minor offender,I would think that there should be at least dozens if this made the cut for rework.

Those with book previews are suggesting that this is the only "warscroll" change.  No other points adjustments on KO other than the Khemist going to 140, up from 100.

5 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Those with book previews are suggesting that this is the only "warscroll" change.  No other points adjustments on KO other than the Khemist going to 140, up from 100.

Great. Knocking my choice of units after I only played one game and just started to use them....I planned to paint my army as Urbaz, the guy with alchemists buffs...still going too but this will hurt.

Well at least I only have one unit of thunderers.

I am excited about Freeguild and Dispossessed getting alliegance ability so 2 out of 3 getting a buff is still good. 

Any word on compendium? Are my Empire Knights and Anvil of Doom now not street legal in matched play?

1 minute ago, Cerlin said:

Great. Knocking my choice of units after I only played one game and just started to use them....I planned to paint my army as Urbaz, the guy with alchemists buffs...still going too but this will hurt.

Well at least I only have one unit of thunderers.

I am excited about Freeguild and Dispossessed getting alliegance ability so 2 out of 3 getting a buff is still good. 

Any word on compendium? Are my Empire Knights and Anvil of Doom now not street legal in matched play?

Rumor has it that Compendium will be released as a separate PDF on the main site.  They aren't in the GHB2017.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Rumor has it that Compendium will be released as a separate PDF on the main site.  They aren't in the GHB2017.

I really hope they keep the units in the game. They add a lot of spice and can show GW what old models are popular to maybe bring back.

I hate to say it, but if you're going KO in a competitive event, you need to go Zilfin.

Just now, Aryann said:

What's an ironclad clown car? 

Ironclad airship with a Zilfin allegiance that drops 12" off your line, dumps all of its troops (up to 25 foot troops and an unlimited number of balloon troops) 9" off your line then obliterates everything that their weapons and charges can reach.

1 minute ago, Nico said:

I hate to say it, but if you're going KO in a competitive event, you need to go Zilfin.

Maybe.  I still think there is a Urbaz list out there with masses of Company stacked with Light Skyhooks (which haven't been nerfed...yet) and having multiple Khemists buffing.    

8 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I think you'll find it's a lot less than that. They seem to be starring stuff that got Massive Regiment bonus as well (Gors, Bestigors and Ungors all didn't change in points, but got Massive Regiment bonus). So it is a change... but not necessarily a straight up change to points.

Also what's interesting is that Skirmish predictions keep on track. Great Bray Shaman dropped to 90 points, which is what Skirmish Renown was back calculated as... Sorry Sylvaneth fans, it's looking more and more likely your Kurnoths are going up!

There is some more info in the comments thread of the linked article that is relevant to this:

SYLVANETH CHANGES:

Spoiler

"dryad -20 and full stack discount
Discount on big stuff & troops
increase on ranged stuff"

later on: "Kurnoth +40 pt"

I'm tentatively very happy with this! A points decrease on dryads would be huge. I hope revenants also drop. If all this is true, then most Sylvaneth lists probably won't change much or will even get cheaper, while the worst of the Kurnoth spam lists will be nerfed. That's definitely a change I can get behind.

WANDERERS STUFF:

Spoiler

"retreat and shoot army wide, reroll battleshock, teleport from if you are 6" from a side to another side"

On magic items/command traits: "they have forest variation of the order stuff. The only one new is : myst walker : can't shoot the general unless he's the closest (like 40k)"

ON MASSIVE REGIMENTS:

Spoiler

"On the other hand unit that already beneficied to be full force like savage orcs archer for exemple didn't got it."

KHARADON ALLIES:

Spoiler

"dispossessed, FS, SC, Arsenal"

SKYFIRES:

Spoiler

now 200 points

SOME SKAVEN POINT CHANGES:

Spoiler

"thanq -50, bell -60, no change on warpseer"

STARDRAKE COST

Spoiler

"560"

DARKLING COVENS:

Spoiler

"-Add count of nearby coven models to units (ie if you have 10 dread spear hanging near your 10 shards, they count as 20 for the storm ability) INcredible idea !!!!
-Pass battleshock for 1 mortal
--One unit in 12" of the gen can run and shoot/charge each turn
-one unit in 12" of the gen reroll wound of 1"

SWIFTHAWK ALLIES:

Spoiler

"all order but dwarf of all forms."

STORMCAST CHANGES:

Spoiler

"they were the one with the less change. Note you can get a unit of 30 LIB for 520 now ^^."

"-20 on prosecutor with javelin.
temptestor is 220 now. 
a few other minor change."

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Ironclad airship with a Zilfin allegiance that drops 12" off your line, dumps all of its troops (up to 25 foot troops and an unlimited number of balloon troops) 9" off your line then obliterates everything that their weapons and charges can reach.

Sir, you gave me one more great reason to start an army of them. 

I ordered the Warlord Edition and the Open War cards.  I was telling my friends I might just always default to using Open War cards for a game; my group tends to forget/not care about scenarios and just play kill point games (either using the 40k style of "1 unit = 1 point" or like just until somebody is tabled/concedes) so I hope the Open War cards add some variety to those.