AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

12 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

I'm pretty sure that taking an Arcane Tome works like I think it does, and doesn't count as a third Wizard for list reasons (and could be moved to the baby-bladebringer if needed

Arcane tome makes you a wizard, I went throught this in my own ptg campaign. I ended up killing my warlord who had it to move forward in the campaign as it was hampering my progression

My experience with Slaanesh summoning in ptg is that it s all over the place at the low points battle 600-1k. It s somewhat true as well at 2k but the low points just aggravates the situation 

I ve had game where I got tabled turn 1 via shooting because we re paying so much for our units and others where I summoned 1k additional units while my opponent only had his 750 starting points and it became impossible for him to deal with it

Ok, so I DONT need any Myrmadesh heads. Disregard the request. Should have final pictures of a unit this evening. The unit consists of stuff any Hedonite player should have in stock, with the exception of the Vindictors. 

Myrmadesh sword and board (shield)

Blissbarb head-dress

marauder shoulderpads

minimal green stuff 

Edited by TimeToWaste85
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Ok, so I DONT need any Myrmadesh heads. Disregard the request. Should have final pictures of a unit this evening. The unit consists of stuff any Hedonite player should have in stock, with the exception of the Vindictors. 

Myrmadesh sword and board (shield)

Blissbarb head-dress

marauder shoulderpads

minimal free stuff 

Excited to see what you came up with

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Invaders Host
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Beast Master
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Dexcessa, The Talon of Slaanesh (280)*
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)*
- General
- Command Trait: Delusions of Infallibility  
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule  
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)*
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)

Battleline
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)*
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135)*
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135)*

Units
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (220)*
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)*

Endless Spells & Invocations
Chronomantic Cogs (45)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 109
Drops: 2

got a game today gotta hit Em with the above list…. Don’t know my opponents army

• Like 2

Allegiance: Tzeentch
- Change Coven: Eternal Conflaguration
- Mortal Realm: Chamon
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Kairos Fateweaver (435)
Fateskimmer, Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot (180)
Magister on Disc of Tzeentch (150)

Battleline
9 x Flamers of Tzeentch (525)
- Reinforced x 2
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (215)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (215)

Units
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (140)

Endless Spells & Invocations
Burning Sigil of Tzeentch (85)
Tome of Eyes (55)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 70
Drops: 7

opponent brought this list and put it in battle regiment 

I won will give report in a bit

• Like 1

So opponent decided to have me go first he deployed kairos and flamers defensive in his back corner and a unit of pinks and the fateskimmer off on the other side. Sent Dex into the pinks and shot at them with bliss seekers. Did huge damage and brought it down to a

few brims left then moved up in the center and with belakor.

for his turn I used belakor ability on kairos and prevented him from moving from his corner spot

he was able to kill a unit of hellstriders and Dex beat up the last of the horrors

He got the double turn on me so good use of belakor as he was unable to much with him

His magister and flamers moved up and killed off my blissbarbs and infernal enrapturess 

slickblades took the fateskimmer down to 2 wounds and the bliss seekers only took 2 off the magister

dex moved up and smashed another unit of horrors belakor failed a charge 

he then got priority and one shotted belakor with the flamers and used all his magic to kill off Dex 

bliss seekers where able to kill magister and the fateskimmer was killed by I can’t remember but the slickblades were now free to move

Was able to summon a keeper within 9 of the flamers 

slickblades died to unleash hell but that let me charge w keeper who rolled an eleven then wiped the unit

he won priority again but couldn’t kill keeper and then just tried for savage advance battle tactic 

I was pulling ahead in points now and when it was my turn was able to kill kairos which left him with some blue horrors and nothing else

syn was very useful 

Dex was good but I over exposed her 

belakor was great for his ability to shut kairos down but unfortunately didn’t get into combat before being nuked

both versions of the seekers where decent but I feel they wiffed a bit 

the keeper summon and charge really saved me and allowed me to kill his scary unit of flamers, without that it may have been an L

would use this list again more finesse with Dex and better use of my archers are my take aways 

sorry if this is hard to read, typing on my phone w only a few hrs of sleep due to my kids being up a bunch at night

slaanesh is fun! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nagashfan said:

*Snip* 

Thanks for the write-up, interesting to read! I imagine Tzeentch is a pretty tough matchup for us (my two armies are Tzeentch and Slaanesh, so I never really have to face them) with their tough screens and potent shooting, so it sounds like you did well against them. Be'Lakor sounded 100% necessary in this to stop Kairos' shenanigans -- Lords of Change of any flavour are very difficult for most armies to stop, let alone us with our lack of casting/unbinding bonuses (why did we need to lose the Epitome's re-rolls to unbind, exactly?). 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, azdimy said:

What did she do in during your game? 

How do you use cogs in your list?

Thanks for the bat rep

She was able to stay out of unbind range and toss pavane at kairos twice once for 7 mortals, also her missile weapon is pretty decent. I used it to give. Syn and belakor an additional cast

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Unit of 5, primed. Second unit being built. Used Standard Bearers’ body for second unit’s champion. My Myrmadesh Stormbringers. Oh, and next photo is going to be a fully painted unit champion, then a full unit fully painted. 

C5D145ED-B4C1-465C-BA9C-891923C49A68.jpeg

238E9A62-1E3E-415F-8A06-ED4187FCDACB.jpeg

Edited by TimeToWaste85
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Thanks for the write-up, interesting to read! I imagine Tzeentch is a pretty tough matchup for us (my two armies are Tzeentch and Slaanesh, so I never really have to face them) with their tough screens and potent shooting, so it sounds like you did well against them. Be'Lakor sounded 100% necessary in this to stop Kairos' shenanigans -- Lords of Change of any flavour are very difficult for most armies to stop, let alone us with our lack of casting/unbinding bonuses (why did we need to lose the Epitome's re-rolls to unbind, exactly?). 

I think without belakor, kairos would have tore through too much of my army to be able to answer back

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 7:02 AM, Enoby said:

The list Michael (very good Slaanesh player) has won a lot against the cutting edge competitive lists:

Might as well but its probably not what you are expecting.

Invader host
Command battalion
Belakor
Synessa 
Lord of pain- general- delusions of infallibility- icon of excess

Vanguard
Masque- general
11x blissbarb archers
11 x blissbard archers
5 x blissbard seekers

Hunters
10 x twinsouls
5 x helstriders

Maybe I’m just not keen on the 3.0 rules…. But 2 generals and a vanguard? Is this a less than 2k list(I haven’t done the math)?

57 minutes ago, BeeTee said:

Maybe I’m just not keen on the 3.0 rules…. But 2 generals and a vanguard? Is this a less than 2k list(I haven’t done the math)?

Its an invaders list.  Multiple generals is a core part of their Battle Traits.

With all the units in that detachment being able to run and 'do their thing', that's a pretty significant positioning advantage to be able to guarantee a free run-roll blowout.

And yeah, that looks like a 2k list to me.  Slaanesh is model-lite on the field to start - but if you play it well you'll probably end up with way more stuff than your opponent over the course of the full game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nagashfan said:

So instead of getting a second box of blissbarbs I think I’ll use the left over archer parts from my two slickblades boxes and witchelves bodies 🤷🏼‍♂️

Good idea.

Last week I decided to attempt conversion of hellstriders with cypher lord riders.

20210805_132351.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, Nagashfan said:

I shall be doing this

I encourage anyone who wants to steal my idea to do so. It uses old parts often left over (shoulder pads from Marauders, daemon prince loincloth), Myrmadesh sword and board, and only requires buying a $35 kit for 10 bodies (Vindictors on eBay). Saves about $100 (for those of us in the US) to have a 10-man unit of Twinsouls and two 5-man units of Painbringers. Literally the only spot of actual sculpting is the left shoulder pad. 

I just had a flash of inspiration that I'd really love to see in the next battletome as an extra is the ability to summon auto summon (and no unbind) our endless spells with depravity points. I imagine they would cost around the 6 mark as the auto cast/unbind is strong but otherwise weaker than having an actual unit. 

I also had a game against a new SBGL player. They're new so I won't use this to comment on the army's strength, but I was very impressed by the Keeper of Secrets vs Bloodknights. Yes, it got very lucky (10 mortal wounds from the claws kind of lucky, with an extra 5 damage from a normal wound; got 3 hits from 2 attacks), but the mortal wounds were good against their 2+ save and the +2 rend really helped as well. 

Seekers on the other hand were pretty dissapointing, but I'm certain I used them incorrectly. Their damage feels very low; with most mortal units wounding on 3s, it's odd to go back to 4s. That said, I should have just used them to block rather than attack. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised Seekers don't do some sort of mortal wounds considering blissbarb seekers use the seeker's spit as the venom they use. I get not wanting to profilerate the amount of mortal wounds they do, but it does seem odd. 

I'd hope for the cost increase on daemonettes, they'd get some sort of mw as well. like a mw on a 6 to wound and thats it. Basically taking epicurean revellers and just rolling it into the warscroll. Even still at a 4+/4+, you would at least consider them. 

• Like 1