AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

I'm not sure if Slaanesh are necessarily S tier in the new GHB but the consistent points drops have definitely added up, stuff like Blissbarbs at 140 and Myrmidesh at 110 just look super high value, you can absolutely flood the board with units while relying on precision hammers like Sigvald and Coalitioned Slaves stuff such as Varanguard or Chosen. The army wide 5+ Rally and removal of Bounty Hunters makes our cheap infantry that much better, and we actually have a good selection of Galletian Champions - Enrapturess', Epitomes, some of the Slaves heroes, etc. I still think the book is in dire need of a rewrite but it goes to show that with enough love and consistent points drops even the worst army can be given one hell of a facelift. 

With judicial use of rally and lower points allowing us to play the trading game better, it adds value to our summoning mechanic, now it's just trying to find a way to scatter wounds to as many units as possible in as many phases as we can.

Seeker Chariots are an excellent and affordable unit now, 6 wounds with 4+ ain't half bad and they open up the chance to score more depravity points through their mortal wound sin the charge phase.

I'm honestly wondering if I can still make all Chariots work and just spam heroes through summons as the game goes on... plan my secondaries around that, gaining scoring and momentum as the game goes on...

Slaangor buff! 

"Slaangor Fiendbloods join their less fancily-dressed cousins in the new battletome, ready to revel in the waves of primal energy unleashed by Ghur. Not only do their razor-sharp claws sport an extra attack and a spruced-up Damage 2, their Obsessive Violence has become even more intense. Once per game, the Slaangors can fight twice in a single combat phase – ensuring that their victims are utterly torn asunder, but striking last the second time."

IMG-20230124-WA0001.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Slaangor buff!

Lets see if everything else (Points, rest of the Warscroll and rules) stay untouched. if it is so it would be a buff jes. Are they than mega cool, i dont know but they are better right.

1 hour ago, KrispyXIV said:

important requirement for fight twice to be good

Jes. Or u had to choose your fights wisely. So charge a flank unit, kill 7 of 10 Modells and kill the rest with second actiovation so u are free in the next herophase/Movementphase. Could be very helpfull.

I play S2D to with choosen and very often i use the second activation to have them free of enemys in 3" for next round ;);) 

On 1/24/2023 at 2:23 PM, Enoby said:

Slaangor buff! 

"Slaangor Fiendbloods join their less fancily-dressed cousins in the new battletome, ready to revel in the waves of primal energy unleashed by Ghur. Not only do their razor-sharp claws sport an extra attack and a spruced-up Damage 2, their Obsessive Violence has become even more intense. Once per game, the Slaangors can fight twice in a single combat phase – ensuring that their victims are utterly torn asunder, but striking last the second time."

IMG-20230124-WA0001.jpg

Are we entitled to use the updated warscroll from the new Beasts book without a FAQ that explicitly replaces the warscroll in our book? 

Thats an interesting one. Remember Tzaangors? In AoS 2.0 the answer was "yes, always use the newest warscroll/points", but then they changed the Name and Keywords of the units in the Battletomes to allow different point cost... so currently it is No? When someone has the Battletome they could tell us if they have the Hedonites keyword!

I would guess the intention should be to allow Hedonites access to the new warscroll but i would suggest waiting (or asking the opponent ahead) for a FAQ.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So we should be up soon for tome, what would you like to see for the army

For me id like us to move to a Control style melee army instead of the weird psudo summon horde we are moving towards.

Sigvald- He is perfect though they could just bake lurid haze deepstrike into him, him just showing up from board edge dramatically is fluffy anyway as the anime villain

Painbringers-  Steal the 30k martial perfection rule and let them swap between a defence stance and attacking stance (would give us something of a bullwark to hold the middle)

Twinsouls- Keep as our less tanky blender units, maybe tweak their stances to be adv+charge and a damage stance, maybe some synergy with syllesske who can let them swap midphase 

Blissbarb archers+seekers- Fire and fade, they shouldnt do crazy damage just be annoying to pin down

Shalaxi- Needs a buff

Synessa- Either keep her a 1 cast knows everything (but maybe let her auto cast, she is a child of slaanesh) 

Dexcessa- Should be more of a blender

Glutos- perfect, maybe just let him always have his ward and turn the priest on the chariot into an actual priest

Shardspeaker- I would like option for them to pick to be either wizard or priest, make her debuff more intuitive 

Slaangor- we will probably just get beasts of chaos one, though with how they are viewed as sacred in hedonites warbands I think they would be interesting if they passively generated depravity

For the Hosts

Invaders- Pretty good, lurid haze should just be rolled into it

Pretenders- This one really should be more fun, let the warlord always have finest hour active

Godseekers- also good

New stuff

-New hero, personally If its not a mounted lord I want it to be a blissbarb archer hero, would be neat to have a ranged focused hero for chaos that isnt magic

-Warcry warband- some foot cultist slickblades, some light and fast mortals on foot, maybe some evasive dance skill keeping them safer from shooting.

Amusingly the world eaters vs emp children match up in 40k is wonderfully thematic, EC get more movement, better shooting and psychic, World eaters bring more damage. EC have more control of the tempo (fights lasts, fights on death) so its usually EC trying to keep the beserkers at arms length and trading. 

What is actually gonna happen is we will get dual release with blades of khorne who will get fully revamped army with cool rules, Hedonites will get same but 2-3 stat improvements on warscrolls and a points tweak

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MothmanDraws said:

Dexcessa- Should be more of a blender

Yes, that.  Feel like I'm the only fool around who assembled that kit as Dexcessa! Done a nice paint job on it, but can't get it to work on the battlefield for love nor money. Like so much of the Hedonites, the capacity to occasionally win in a rumble would be lovely.

I wouldn't mind it if Summoning got the shove. I find it a tedious bundle of arithmetic, and I don't like hauling the extra models around. 

It'd be smashing to see a bit more inclusivity of the Slaves and Beasts coalition thingies. I very much doubt that'll happen. Probably the best to hope for there is they don't change it at all! I love my Slaaneshi Bestigors with their iridescent violet horns.... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jaskier said:

Soon, everyone. The new Metawatch article said the next two Battletomes (which, according to the roadmap, are Chaos tomes) are going to be revealed on Saturday. We may well be free of this book in a few weeks! 

At last. I want:

- Compelling and slaaneshy spell lores
- The 4 keeper offhand options to all be worth taking
- No options that are made dysfunctional and left as such (fiends and coherency until recently, all non-hero units before the battletome errata, the excessive violence and locus changes that made strongest alone and breathtaker unplayable along other pretenders nerfs, struggling warscrolls like slaangors and blissbarb seekers, ...)
- Rework summoning so you can both have an all mortals army and the daemon warscrolls are worth starting with
- No command trait and artefact straitjacketing with the subfactions
- More slaaneshy rules for both battle traits, subfactions and warscrolls like Nurgle (and other tomes) got, there is sooo much you could do, this is an army whose lore revolves around wanting to be and to feel more than the mundane. But instead the design is one of the most "basic" of all.

Edited by JackOfBlades
  • Like 4